Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

The "Rona", rioting and ammo production.

• 24-07-2020 11:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

Seeing reports from the states that due to a slow down/shut down in some plants coupled with the surge in gun sales (hence ammo) due to the rioting that ammo is becoming scarce with suppliers struggling to meet demand.

Few Americans i speak to talk of 22lr and 223 stuff especially being difficult.

Wonder if there will be a trickle down effect to us?

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭ tudderone

I remember ammo went difficult to find around the time the centrefire pistols were released, something happened in America and getting 9mm ammo was difficult. The Americans hoard ammo and reloading supplies when anything happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭ Grizzly 45

Proably for the US brands.Shouldn't affect EU brands too much.

Confucius say."He who says one man cannot change World. Never has eaten bat soup in Wuhan!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭ Rows Grower

I went to buy a bulk box of Federal 22lr in Murray's in Cork a couple of weeks ago and they had none in stock. When I asked when it was expected in he told me he couldn't say, due to Covid 19 they were waiting on a delivery for months and there seems to be a shortage of stock.

Murray's would be a big enough dealer and turnover a fair bit of ammo I'd say.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement