Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black or White pudding?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Greyfox wrote: »
    White pudding is 1,000 times nicer than black pudding, black pudding is mainly just for prositants

Statistical analysis and spelling are clearly your forté...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

black for me .
    however the quality of the mass produced stuff is gone downhill in the past decades , too much pearl barley used as filler . Even the artisan stuff is not as good as it used to be since they stopped using fresh blood and started using powdered stuff . Spent about 9 years working if a factory who used to make it .
    The only part of the pig that escaped was the Squeel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Black for me BPM

The thought of any blood pudding makes me feel hurly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Candie wrote: »
    The thought of any blood pudding makes me feel hurly. :(
    blood is the least of you worries in the mass produced stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

Black for me BPM

Black Pudding Matters ? :D

It certainly does. White is ok, but black is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Cold straight from the packet/wrapping it has to be white for me. I'll happily sit there cutting off slices and eating it like a packet of biscuits.
    For a fry it has to be black. I don't like it cold from the packet/wrapping though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Cold straight from the packet/wrapping it has to be white for me. I'll happily sit there cutting off slices and eating it like a packet of biscuits.
    For a fry it has to be black. I don't like it cold from the packet/wrapping though.

Cold as in uncooked ? Jesus that’s hardcore is it not dangerous for food poisoning

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cold as in uncooked ? Jesus that’s hardcore is it not dangerous for food poisoning

pudding is already cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

7 pages in has anyone said that they both compliment each other and a breakfast is missing something with only black or only white?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thargor wrote: »
    7 pages in has anyone said that they both compliment each other and a breakfast is missing something with only black or only white?

somebody posted a pic of the roulades you can buy that have both black and white pudding. sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Black pudding dry-fried and then crumbled on top of a burger...dee fookin vine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Black pudding.

Best black pudding is in Nolan's Kilcullen.

Rudds black.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I always have both together. I had some white pudding a few days ago called something like Hanlys, I won't lie I was fond of it. Herself never had either of them because it's a "bogger thing" apparently. She tried it, love it until she asked what it's made of

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Black pudding hands down.
    Not sure if there is any other bogger like me on the thread that experienced homemade black pudding back in the day. When my Granny was alive she would make Black pudding from the blood of the sheep that was killed. She would mix it with pinhead oatmeal, pearl rice, onions,milk, spices and some lard and pack it into the butcher pudding sacks she got from a local butcher. Boil it up for a couple of hours and then freeze and fry up for the Sunday breakfast.
    ****ing great memories of the taste now decades from the last time I had it. I know some of you would be shocked at the thought of it not being blood from a pig but that was how my crowd rolled back in the day, they also used the sheep gut linings to stuff the mixture into (inside out of course) before I was thought off.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I dont know what it is about white pudding but I can't stand it. I love black pudding though. My father is from Clonakilty so I was brought up on the stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I dont know what it is about white pudding but I can't stand it. I love black pudding though. My father is from Clonakilty so I was brought up on the stuff.

White pudding is like eating brain.
    Might make a nice filler for a vege burger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not a huge consumer of either but if pushed black pudding as I was told it's better for you. I don't know if that's true. I mean pudding, and drischeen are kind of the same thing.

Like both but prefer white.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not a huge consumer of either but if pushed black pudding as I was told it's better for you. I don't know if that's true. I mean pudding, and drischeen are kind of the same thing.

Drisheen is more stodgy and is made using the small-intestine, in short, nauseating. How do they even clean that? I don't want to know.

I've seen pudding being made, it's a clean, wholesome affair which smells good from start to finish. There is no scraping of faeces involved, which is a good minimum expectation for things you might want to eat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I remember a friend of mine telling me how his gran used cut the throat of a live bird, and poured the blood into a bowl of oats which he had to stir, stir, very quickly, to prevent the clotting I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Drisheen is more stodgy and is made using the small-intestine, in short, nauseating. How do they even clean that? I don't want to know.

I've seen pudding being made, it's a clean, wholesome affair which smells good from start to finish. There is no scraping of faeces involved, which is a good minimum expectation for things you might want to eat.

It's not made using the small instetine. It's made using blood of an animal which is strained and cooked. The intestine is like a sausage skin around it. It's nice as I've had it several times. There's no scraping of faeces involved in drisheen.

You're thinking of tripe which is the stomach of an aminal which is boiled and cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Granby Black pudding. Followed by Granby white pudding. Three generations of my family worked for Granby. So I was reared on granby foods. With medicals expert's dictating what I can and can't eat. Every now and again I break out and get Granby black and white pudding with tomatoes, mushrooms, two eggs and batch loaf. The doctors can castigate me for eating the wrong foods but I love the black pudding.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's not made using the small instetine. It's made using blood of an animal which is strained and cooked. The intestine is like a sausage skin around it. It's nice as I've had it several times. There's no scraping of faeces involved in drisheen.

You're thinking of tripe which is the stomach of an aminal which is boiled and cleaned.
    But they use the small intestine as a lining yes? A sort of wrapper?

Well then how do they get the bloody shít off of it? That's what I want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

White puddin’ for me, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

But they use the small intestine as a lining yes? A sort of wrapper?

Well then how do they get the bloody shít off of it? That's what I want to know.

Tripe is a cow's stomach,Packet is a sort of pigs blood pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

KungPao wrote: »
    White puddin’ for me, thanks.

I don't really eat either but white is far far nicer

Tripe is a cow's stomach,Packet is a sort of pigs blood pudding.
    Packet?

Sure, I know what tripe is, not exactly sure why this is being associated with drisheen... totally different product.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Packet?

Sure, I know what tripe is, not exactly sure why this is being associated with drisheen... totally different product.

Itssoeasy mentioned tripe so I thought I would throw it out there.

Advertisement