Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Transfers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

markc91 wrote: »
    I'm going into this weekend 10pts off 2nd and €€€. Was 16 points ahead going into gw 37 but his BB and having sterling put him 10 ahead. Currently our teams are similar both having TAA,KDB,Bruno,Martial & Ings. His biggest differential is Sterling to my Foden. So to make up points I'm wondering what to do this is my current team I plan on upgrading foden to silva but will have to take a -4.

Mine:

Henderson
    TAA Doherty Pieters
    KDB Bruno Martial Foden
    Vardy Rashford Ings

His:
    Pope
    TAA VVD Egan
    KDB Bruno Martial Sterling
    Jimi Greenwood Ings

0.3 ITB and 1 FT

What would you do?

Considering TAA/Foden/Vardy out for -8 but unsure who to get in? Looking at Kane as a differential.

Any suggestions appreciated thanks!

I’d sell Rashford for Kane, funded by TAA to what Burnley defender you can afford

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Also no idea why people don’t wait til 5 minutes before deadline in case there is team news leaked.

That’s what I’ll be doing even though it means staying up til midnight.

So my captain won’t be picked til then either.

Grand for people who dont have family or lives to obsessively refresh twitter and fpl until 5 minutes before deadline, but for the rest of us we gotta make the moves when we can and hope it works out for the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Also no idea why people don’t wait til 5 minutes before deadline in case there is team news leaked.

Are you referring to just this weekend?Or every GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Troy Deeney folks?

Hates Arsenal.

Probably needs to score to avoid relegation.

Got sent off the last time I owned him.

But it's not a terrible idea on a FH?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Troy Deeney folks?

Hates Arsenal.

Probably needs to score to avoid relegation.

Got sent off the last time I owned him.

But it's not a terrible idea on a FH?

Not for me. They look done to me and he's a horrible fuucker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Not for me. They look done to me and he's a horrible fuucker.

His knee is also half ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

markc91 wrote: »
    I'm going into this weekend 10pts off 2nd and €€€. Was 16 points ahead going into gw 37 but his BB and having sterling put him 10 ahead. Currently our teams are similar both having TAA,KDB,Bruno,Martial & Ings. His biggest differential is Sterling to my Foden. So to make up points I'm wondering what to do this is my current team I plan on upgrading foden to silva but will have to take a -4.

Mine:

Henderson
    TAA Doherty Pieters
    KDB Bruno Martial Foden
    Vardy Rashford Ings

His:
    Pope
    TAA VVD Egan
    KDB Bruno Martial Sterling
    Jimi Greenwood Ings

0.3 ITB and 1 FT

What would you do?

Considering TAA/Foden/Vardy out for -8 but unsure who to get in? Looking at Kane as a differential.

Any suggestions appreciated thanks!
    If you're only 10 points behind, a -8 will leave you with 18 point gap to makeup. However well thoguth out your transfers, that's a big gap to bridge.

I'd just take your FT at this stage, one of your Man United players for another City Mid (Bruno - Dilva probably).

Make sure you captian one of you differential players too. Having a different captain gives you a better chance to bridge the gap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rikand wrote: »
    Grand for people who dont have family or lives to obsessively refresh twitter and fpl until 5 minutes before deadline, but for the rest of us we gotta make the moves when we can and hope it works out for the best :)

Aye but you’re alive and knocking about.

Setting an alarm and taking 5-10 minutes out (come into the room) is possible surely.

But I hear ya.

I’m very lucky as I don’t have a life.

Are you referring to just this weekend?Or every GW?

100% just this weekend although I did write that before I was aware that there will be no team news guaranteed this GW.

I just thought with all the confusion around City and most people wanting to use captain, in that game, it could be worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aye but you’re alive and knocking about.

Setting an alarm and taking 5-10 minutes out (come into the room) is possible surely.

But I hear ya.

I’m very lucky as I don’t have a life.

Also if I was in your boat and the ganeweek was starting at midnight on a sunday night I'd probably be online too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »

well that is a head wreck. Hard to know what kind of a performance city will put in Sunday now

Shedite27 wrote: »

How did it take two people to write that ‘article’ ?

km79 wrote: »
    well that is a head wreck. Hard to know what kind of a performance city will put in Sunday now

Yeah. Wonder what kind of faith we can have in such an article.

How in Gods name would they have any clue what Pep is planning.

Like I said earlier, I can’t get better than 50-50 on whether he’ll start his first 11 and all play 90 minutes or rest his first 11 entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,023 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I mean it’s only a 2 and a half hour flight right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Pep gave the players 2 days off after the match on Tuesday.

CSF wrote: »
    I mean it’s only a 2 and a half hour flight right?

It’s more that they are on the beach for the week more or less
    Hard to know what kind of a performance they will put in now
    No Fa cup final the following week so they are basically on a break until champions league preparations kick in again

• Registered Users Posts: 33,023 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s more that they are on the beach for the week more or less
    Hard to know what kind of a performance they will put in now
    No Fa cup final the following week so they are basically on a break until champions league preparations kick in again

That’s fair, but 2 days break could have a positive effect. More likely not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

If Sterling is in St Tropez there isn’t a hope he will start on Sunday.

He will surely have to isolate and be tested before being left back into the bubble? It’s a bit mad he was even allowed go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That may be the case.

He may play his second 11 and feel he’s already got his first 11 ready for Madrid.

Who knows ?

In addition to what I posted above I wouldn’t be off owning Dilva, Foden or Mahrez as 15-20 minutes at the end of that game could still yield very good points during a cameo appearance.

Why do you think Bilva starts ahead of Mahrez in his first 11? First choice front 3 is Sterling Jesus Mahrez now I would have thought.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    If Sterling is in St Tropez there isn’t a hope he will start on Sunday.

He will surely have to isolate and be tested before being left back into the bubble? It’s a bit mad he was even allowed go!

I never even considered that aspect of it !
    I hope we get clarity
    It would save me a minus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

I never even considered that aspect of it !
    I hope we get clarity
    It would save me a minus 4

That's a double edged sword though. Opens up all sorts of unpredictable opportunities for those with Razzie....

I have him and would love to hear he was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Markx wrote: »
    Razzie....

Please don't

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Please don't

The Razzler?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Markx wrote: »
    That's a double edged sword though. Opens up all sorts of unpredictable opportunities for those with Razzie....

I have him and would love to hear he was out.

That’s right up there with Aggie:eek:

I can’t see how Sterling can be on a beach in France on Thursday and be cleared to return to play on Sunday given how stringent measures are at the moment.

Jofra Archer the cricketer had to self isolate and couldn’t play for 5 days because he stopped off in a mates house when driving between venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Razzie Sterking ... hard to know what to do with him now

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Think I've decided I'll avoid sterling without a leaked team.. would mean bruno to silva and no hit.

I find the holiday utterly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Benimar wrote: »
    That’s right up there with Aggie:eek:

I can’t see how Sterling can be on a beach in France on Thursday and be cleared to return to play on Sunday given how stringent measures are at the moment.

Jofra Archer the cricketer had to self isolate and couldn’t play for 5 days because he stopped off in a mates house when driving between venues.

You can travel to France from the UK without quarantine though.

Mahrez and Mendy are also in St Tropez.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You can travel to France from the UK without quarantine though.

Mahrez and Mendy are also in St Tropez.

That clears that up so
    A non issue
    Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wonder are City having their 2 day rest now, ready to come back refreshed some-bit and treat Norwich as a warm up game before a hard 10 days training before the CL starts up again.

Advertisement