Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you find Sacha Baron Cohen Funny?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ali G was peak Sacha I think. Pulled off some amazing strokes without the gross out moments of Borat (still easily his second best creation) and Bruno.

When he sticks to the artful takedown such as with "Throw the Jews down the Well" no one living really touches him. That's why it amazes me that the same bloke will give us utter bollox like The Brothers Grimsby. I can only assume such ventures are purely for the pay cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

His characters are amazing.

He has a remarkable ability to convince his interviewees that he's a legitimate journalist, e.g. Jacob Rees Mogg, Boutros Boutros Boutros Boutros Ghali, Tony Benn, etc.

Ali G
    Borat
    Bruno

People are jealous of his success because they have inferior potassium.

The Kazakh anthem was genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,959 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Do you find Sacha Baron Cohen Funny?

The latest show Who is America, was funny alright. This politician lost his job on account of his behaviour on the show (he was up for re-election and dropped out of the race on account of the backlash). It really shows how some people hold such far out views.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The dude is banging Isla Fisher. Lucky fücker.

It’s a weird one... she’s well.. stunning and well he’s... Sacha Barron Cohen

Bit of the ‘odd couple’ about that one in every aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

He's a funny ****er when in character, not so much out of character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s a weird one... she’s well.. stunning and well he’s... Sacha Barron Cohen

Bit of the ‘odd couple’ about that one in every aspect.

eCZNfLMc7z694JcG9

Get outta here. They are both gorgeous.

sacha-baron-cohen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

He's very well educated, he's funny, he takes the piss out of everyone, from left wingers to right wingers his comedy is very much so equal. If your stupid enough to fall for it :pac: then your fair game.

As for AliG he was never really white and he was never really black he looked like a middle eastern who wanted to be a rude boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Ultrflat wrote: »
    He's very well educated, he's funny, he takes the piss out of everyone, from left wingers to right wingers his comedy is very much so equal. If your stupid enough to fall for it :pac: then your fair game.

As for AliG he was never really white and he was never really black he looked like a middle eastern who wanted to be a rude boy.

Yup Masters in Communications from London School of Economics.
    He is from a Persian Jewish family.
    Check out his Uncle Professor Simon Baron Cohen an expert in Higher functioning Autism, aka Aspergers. That explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Like all brilliant comedians he's had hits and not so hits.
    When he hits he's belly ache funny. It must be incredibly difficult to reinvent himself as a new character that doesn't rehash jokes.
    I like him. Balls of fcucking steel!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Borat is the most I have ever laughed at the cinema. It was absolute genius.

I agree that when he gets it right he hits an absolute home run.

• Advertisement

Love this movie it hilarious:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

He was really funny some years ago but its been a while since he made me laugh.
    The Ali G stuff was great and Borat was wet your pants funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Borat is the most I have ever laughed at the cinema. It was absolute genius.

I agree that when he gets it right he hits an absolute home run.
    Maybe me too ...altho ..i hate to have fav or most funny movies ..it feels like commitment!

I think he's a very good looking man, a very smart man, and a very funny man. He's also an exceptional straight actor, as anyone who has watched the Netflix show Spy will agree. He's extremely audacious and has pulled off some very clever stunts, and I've liked most of his output with the major exception of that Grimsby mess. An exceptionally talented person.

Candie wrote: »
    I think he's a very good looking man, a very smart man, and a very funny man. He's also an exceptional straight actor, as anyone who has watched the Netflix show Spy will agree. He's extremely audacious and has pulled off some very clever stunts, and I've liked most of his output with the major exception of that Grimsby mess. An exceptionally talented person.

Hi Sacha welcome to Boards.

Hi Sacha welcome to Boards.

It's not the glorious nation of Kazakhstan, but it's close enough.

It's not the glorious nation of Kazakhstan, but it's close enough.

This thing is an Impostor....

Mods...

2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Yes, he's very funny, but also very clever. Incredible talent, probably genius.

Not that it really matters in the context of his brilliance, but for those implying he's out if his league with Isla in terms of looks - he's a very good looking man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yes.

This thing is an Impostor....

Mods...

2.gif

I love The Dictator.

For a fair while after watching that movie the first time, my cousin and I used the word aladeen several hundred times a day. :D

• Advertisement

I love The Dictator.

For a fair while after watching that movie the first time, my cousin and I used the word aladeen several hundred times a day. :D

The scene in the helicopter was prehaps the funniest I have seen in a movie in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Have to say I liked hI'm in roles such as Jean Gérard too.

The scene in the helicopter was prehaps the funniest I have seen in a movie in recent years.

Love that one.

When I went for a pregnancy scan my husband asked the technician if it was "....a boy or an abortion?" She burst out laughing, thankfully having seen the movie.

I love The Dictator.

Thats very Aladeen of you adopting the true aladeen way. Just wondering what are your thoughts should nucular weapons be pointy or round?

Love that one.

When I went for a pregnancy scan my husband asked the technician if it was "....a boy or an abortion?" She burst out laughing, thankfully having seen the movie.

Thankfully my coffee was left down before I read your reply.

Thats very Aladeen of you adopting the true aladeen way. Just wondering what are your thoughts should nucular weapons be pointy or round?

I think they should be aladeen. I'm absolutely aladeen about that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Catchy tune :)

I think they should be aladeen. I'm absolutely aladeen about that. :D

Very Aladeen.:pac:

I can't believe we're 5 pages in and no one has said "very nice, I like!" boards used to be better than this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Interesting that he did racist stereos types against people from Kazakhstan and muslims and it was "genius".

Now imagine he had try to do the same about Israelis/jews.

He made Borat at a time when islamophobia was on the rise, and he exploited it to the full.

Advertisement