Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you ever hit a woman?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Well you did say there's an infinite number of ways to render a person harmless without injuring them. That's a hell of a lot different to distracting them or calling for help. I was just wondering how you would render someone "harmless" in a situation where you're being attacked.

It would depend on the situation? It’s impossible to give specifics like because nobody would ever be able to account for every possibility in order to advise anyone what to do in any particular situation.

Sometimes there are situations where I wouldn’t be able to render a person harmless without injuring them, but they’re not exactly harming me either, they’re just annoying. I’ve taken a heel to the forehead and a small hammer to the back of the head, but on both occasions I was able to disarm the persons by simply taking the shoe or the hammer off them.

As a child I kicked the bread knife out of my mothers hand when she came at me with it intending to do harm with the heavy handle. I expected if I kicked it the knife would go flying, didn’t quite work out that way and I ended up unintentionally injuring my mam when the blade of the knife sliced up between her thumb and index finger. It immediately stopped her in her tracks, but I never would have thought to kick the knife had I foreseen that as one of the consequences.

People live and learn from their experiences is all, a lot more than they’ll ever learn from self defence classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

It would depend on the situation? It’s impossible to give specifics like because nobody would ever be able to account for every possibility in order to advise anyone what to do in any particular situation.

Sometimes there are situations where I wouldn’t be able to render a person harmless without injuring them, but they’re not exactly harming me either, they’re just annoying. I’ve taken a heel to the forehead and a small hammer to the back of the head, but on both occasions I was able to disarm the persons by simply taking the shoe or the hammer off them.

As a child I kicked the bread knife out of my mothers hand when she came at me with it intending to do harm with the heavy handle. I expected if I kicked it the knife would go flying, didn’t quite work out that way and I ended up unintentionally injuring my mam when the blade of the knife sliced up between her thumb and index finger. It immediately stopped her in her tracks, but I never would have thought to kick the knife had I foreseen that as one of the consequences.

People live and learn from their experiences is all, a lot more than they’ll ever learn from self defence classes.

Jeez Jack, what is it with you and knives???? ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Questions .

1) how is this thread still open?
    2) Is this the most popular "Feg Thread" ever ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Right, I've had enough of the back seat moderating and not just from yourself, but you're the latest example. If you don't like a thread subject, then you have the simple freedom to not read or engage with it. So from now on, no more posts about mods, moderation or troll accusations. Thank you.

Pretty simple, straightforward and easy to follow, but apparently not for some, so let me be perfectly clear greenspurs any more posts like the one above and you're taking a break from the forum.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Pretty simple, straightforward and easy to follow, but apparently not for some, so let me be perfectly clear greenspurs any more posts like the one above and you're taking a break from the forum.

Okie Doke.
    I did not read all 26 pages of this, so I didn't see the 'warning'...

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Okie Doke.
    I did not read all 26 pages of this, so I didn't see the 'warning'...

but yet felt informed enough to comment.

but yet felt informed enough to comment.

:confused:
    As you did...…….
    Whats your point ? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

G has explained so let's move on please.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

TBH, as I said before, this thread has come to it's natural end.
    Only a few silly billies playing 'hang up, no you hang up'.
    I dont see where this can move on to. There's nothing left to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No ,but a long time ago when I was working on a farm in new Zealand, a woman did drive her quad bike straight into me on purpose, I was sitting on a quad bike as well so felt nothing but the intention to hurt was there

Strange lady ,made Ian paisley appear fond of catholics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

bunderoon wrote: »
    TBH, as I said before, this thread has come to it's natural end.
    Only a few silly billies playing 'hang up, no you hang up'.
    I dont see where this can move on to. There's nothing left to say.

Just stop posting and unfollow, its that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

py2006 wrote: »
    Just stop posting and unfollow, its that simple.

I know, I too state the bleeding obvious sometimes..

But back to the point... any value this thread had in exploring the topic has finished a good while ago. Nothing new is been discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

totally depends on situation, if a woman was abusing a child /her child and i caught her in act , i would pan her clean out, same if she was abusing a vulerable person. without a second thought. same if beating her partner and had to stop her.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Yeah I'd definitely hit a woman if I had to.

I've never hit anyone in my entire life but if we women came over trying to mug me I'd try and elbow them in the face or kick then in the knees.

If someone is a threat, yes of course.

Someone mentioned 12 year olds. If a 12 year old comes at you with a knife, they can do damage. Look what happened to Cameron Blair.

Stabbed him in the neck, he was dead before he hit the ground.

A woman could easily do this.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/teenager-charged-with-murder-of-student-stabbed-at-cork-house-party-1.4150660

Advertisement