Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: de Welsh Megamint edition (see warning, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,212 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes I will go back to the strand hill despite me being part of the problem I am giving out about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

You had one good pun with "Brian Scan" buddy, and even Joe could have come up with that one

Good morning chaps and Catmaniac. May the sun rise to meet you like the toxic glow of a Poolbeg incinerator

https://twitter.com/Rheum2improve/status/1281530188933795841?s=20

I didn't have you in mind when I posted. Your posts are considered, rarely resort to Dubbalinese and don't slag off the callers as "wans", "oul wans", "drunk oul wans" or "bints".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Damp Squid show katie

mashed button...."whoops"...

Ray....your....a....cretin

Damp Squid show katie
    Better or worse than a damp squib?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Have to say that the show is MUCH more engaging without Joe of the Dead Fetish on board.

I often wonder who chooses the topics, because for months JD was just so boring, but now it's a lot better IMO. I love a good argy bargy. That's more like it!

I hope Betty finds her 6 foot saviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Did I miss anything so to speak as they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did I miss anything so to speak as they say?

Yes worth listening to Jimmy Guerin "Landlords V Tenants" on the RTE website.
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/podcasts/#103454032

I’ll listen when walking the dog later caller. Thank you for your service.

Just listening back to that Landlord and Tenant segment.

I really feel for that Landlord. We had a very similar situation, long before Covid, where a tenant just went off the grid and stopped engaging for months.

I posted a thread about it here at the time
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057734472

In the end, she was there for the bones of a year rent-free. I don't blame Richard for getting a bit frustrated with the advice he got, because it's stressful when you lose a significant part of your income and everyone is telling you the law is against you.

it's stressful for tenants too but the fact is that there is help out there for tenants who are struggling to pay, but there has to be some engagement.

• Advertisement
    M

Saw an ad at lunchtime on Channel 5 for Hattons Of London flogging a coin sandblasted with sand from the beaches of Dunkirk no less... could it possibly become another Doubalin Town Mint for Joe?

https://hattonsoflondon.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you are a fan of pomposity

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Any liveline gold this week that would be worth my while downloading as a podcast for my walk later lads ? I await your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

As a thanks to Catmaniac for the thread title... :)

5c5a690d8f529874667a4a2fa2693dc7.gif

Yew Ormond produced, washyourhandswashyourhands!

Listened back. Mr. Guerin is fond of the “bull in a china shop” debating technique favoured by Mr. Duffy I see. Playing to the entitled, salt a dee irth gallery doesn’t work as well without Mr. Duffy to back one up so to speak as they say.

The lady with the constant smart comments and sniping provided some comic relief too. Far from Gold, but an enjoyable listen nonetheless.

Mr. Guerin’s voyis should be used in advertising to encourage kids not to smoke btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

The Liveline show concept is good. That's why it gets high ratings...…... not because of Joe Duffy. Listening to another presenter rather than Joe Duffy makes it enjoyable. There is nothing about his presentation that I like.

As a thanks to Catmaniac for the thread title... :)

5c5a690d8f529874667a4a2fa2693dc7.gif

Yew Ormond produced, washyourhandswashyourhands!

Sligojoe coined it, so to speak.

I was enjoying a drink last night with the mother of a radio broadcaster (not RTÉ, not Ciara Kelly..) and she brought up Joe Duffy, "Bryan" Tubridy (as she inadvertently called him) and Darcy. Thinks they are appalling, except she believes they played a role in communicating the Covid message. I pointed out a few deficits, and she said she had to agree. "Duffy is so garrulous".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Joe Duffy is fighting in the UFC tonight. Is there anything the man can't do?

Diet.

• Advertisement

He's looking well fit:

M

He's looking well fit:

He could be sponsored by Tullamorrrrrraaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy Dew.

He's looking well fit:

That’s arguably more disconcerting than the real thing would be!

Pronounce words correctly.

I was enjoying a drink last night with the mother of a radio broadcaster (not RTÉ, not Ciara Kelly..) and she brought up Joe Duffy, "Bryan" Tubridy (as she inadvertently called him) and Darcy. Thinks they are appalling, except she believes they played a role in communicating the Covid message. I pointed out a few deficits, and she said she had to agree. "Duffy is so garrulous".

Maybe you should tell us the name of the broadcaster, you had no problem naming the rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,725 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Appalling as human beings, or their broadcasts are appalling? I hope it is the former, otherwise she must be as thick as two planks for listening to stuff she finds appalling.

Appalling as human beings, or their broadcasts are appalling? I hope it is the former, otherwise she must be as thick as two planks for listening to stuff she finds appalling.

Good grief DX, I think the mother of a senior BBC broadcaster has a genuine interest in the presentation qualities of her Irish counterparts. Nothing to do with their moral character, just her reflection of how they do their job. Anybody with a care for the world of broadcasting will discuss as they find. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,725 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Good grief DX, I think the mother of a senior BBC broadcaster has a genuine interest in the presentation qualities of her Irish counterparts. Nothing to do with their moral character, just her reflection of how they do their job. Anybody with a care for the world of broadcasting will discuss as they find. Simple as that.

Are they senior enough to feature in the list of top earners?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48839428

Are they senior enough to feature in the list of top earners?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48839428

No I'm not going to disclose the name of my friend's daughter. No more than you are going to make any disclosures yourself. Leave it at that.

• Advertisement

No I'm not going to disclose the name of my friend's daughter. No more than you are going to make any disclosures yourself. Leave it at that.

Wat colour is yer friend’s daughter so to speak as they say?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement