Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: de Welsh Megamint edition (see warning, 1st post)

Options

Comments

Good grief DX, I think the mother of a senior BBC broadcaster has a genuine interest in the presentation qualities of her Irish counterparts. Nothing to do with their moral character, just her reflection of how they do their job. Anybody with a care for the world of broadcasting will discuss as they find. Simple as that.

So was the post just to show off that you had a drink with the mother of a senior BBC broadcaster? You would have had a fair idea of the replies/questions you would get...

So was the post just to show off that you had a drink with the mother of a senior BBC broadcaster? You would have had a fair idea of the replies/questions you would get...

Anna, I would kindly desist trolling here if I were you at this point, because that is clearly what you are doing here, you don't se to have any positive contributions to make to the thread. - take this as a MOD warning

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He could be sponsored by Tullamorrrrrraaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy Dew.

It's likely RTE Sport would sponosr him if he were open to sponsorship opportunities so to speak as they say. RTE have tonnes of money to spend on their own after all.

Anna, I would kindly desist trolling here if I were you at this point, because that is clearly what you are doing here, you don't se to have any positive contributions to make to the thread. - take this as a MOD warning

So I can only post if I agree with you and hate Duffy etc...I asked a question on your post..Is that not allowed on boards,or is it just this thread?

So I can only post if I agree with you and hate Duffy etc...I asked a question on your post..Is that not allowed on boards,or is it just this thread?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Not at all, of course you may disagree, but surely there is something more you can contribute to the thread just than criticising other posters. Eg, where Liveline has done a good job in highlighting something, aspects of what's on the show, and indeed where it could be improved. It's all welcome as far as mods here are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) mardy byrne
    2) boyfriend denied the ride...at an arcade
    3) vet putting up prices
    4) staycations, no value, quelle surprise

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Mare-dee Burned again. Man identified himself after findin' Mare-dee's sister and dat.
    A listener's boyfriend is too fat to go on a ride at an amusement park. Public shaming because of weight.
    Vet charges - pet insurance cost hundreds of euros per pet so to speak. Are patrons being fleeced.
    Can't afford to holiday in Rip-off Ireland.

Mare-dee Burned again. Man identified himself after findin' Mare-dee's sister and dat.
    A listener's boyfriend is too fat to go on a ride at an amusement park. Public shaming because of weight.
    Vet charges - pet insurance cost hundreds of euros per pet so to speak. Are patrons being fleeced.
    Can't afford to holiday in Rip-off Ireland.

I'm too tall to go on I'd estimate at least 50% of rides at water parks and amusement parks - more so in Europe than in the US tbh but it happens a lot. Who do I complain to?

I'm too tall to go on I'd estimate at least 50% of rides at water parks and amusement parks - more so in Europe than in the US tbh but it happens a lot. Who do I complain to?

I'm too heavy to fly in de yellow glider of Dublin Gliding Club. Who do I complain to? Why should I have to be weighed before flight in small aircraft, it's total discrimination and de only purpose of it is to shame me.

Who do underweight small adults complain to when dey can't go on certain rides an dat?

Who do I complain to when I'm too heavy to ride a Shetland pony? It's discrimination, rules created just to shame me.

I lost my pilot's license because my renewal medical test demonstrated I did not satisfy requirements, who do I complain to?

I have a lot of complaining to do, who do I call?

• Advertisement

Regarding vets' fees, tests, pet insurance, this:
    When my cat developed bone cancer he had to have Xrays, blood tests, needle biopsy, surgical biopsy, then referral to an expert surgeon who performed the necessary extensive surgery. It all cost €2000. The insurance paid €1900.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,803 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Livelahn. Phone in and tell them use the thing that changes the sound of your voice.

Regarding vets' fees, tests, pet insurance, this:
    When my cat developed bone cancer he had to have Xrays, blood tests, needle biopsy, surgical biopsy, then referral to an expert surgeon who performed the necessary extensive surgery. It all cost €2000. The insurance paid €1900.

Pet insurance has saved me a small fortune over the years. From personal experience, I'd never be without it.

Unfortunately I have had to make claims over the years so I won't be able to claim all the money I've spent on said inshure-dance back when the policy ends so to speak, but it's definitely been worth it and dat.

Pet insurance has saved me a small fortune over the years. From personal experience, I'd never be without it.

Unfortunately I have had to make claims over the years so I won't be able to claim all the money I've spent on said inshure-dance back when the policy ends so to speak, but it's definitely been worth it and dat.

And he got his corneal graft on de inshurdance. Dat cat I'd much altered dan de way nature created him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What does the autistic child have to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's a disgrace jo...Katie. It wasn't Katie that's having you on caller it's this place.

ffs, freebie, imminent

66 and 60 ? Sure that's not old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

dvcireland wrote: »
    ffs, freebie, imminent

Mattress Mick on line 2

My father is 84 and has a computer, a smart phone, and a kindle. Also a credit card.

If Joe was here he'd be gushing over how 66 is still young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No credit card, no internet...eh that's just being a fool, surely you have friends who could book it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Great, more handouts for de auld holidaymakers.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Is this the Elvis fella from Kilkenny that has been on before. Sounds like him

Mattress Mick on line 2
    offering a room in the hilton in darndale

No credit card, no internet...eh that's just being a fool, surely you have friends who could book it for you?
    some sites even allow you pay at the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

dvcireland wrote: »
    offering a room in the hilton in darndale

With a €20 voucher for Edward Rockets across the road.

add ballymagash to the liveline bingo card

Ennis is nowhere near the sea.

What a surprise that a hotel near the sea is more expensive than feckin Ennis.

I think it's just you caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'd like to hear him try to call Joe sweetheart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement