Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Ghislaine Maxwell trial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,284 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

There's something so disgusting about a woman procuring or being accused of procuring minors for moral-free men.

I'd hope she'd have the 'book' thrown at her but it's like others have said, she'll probably do a deal.

Do a deal, get house arrest in a mansion and write a ‘tell all’ book where shes a victim of jeffrey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭KungPao

Do a deal, get house arrest in a mansion and write a ‘tell all’ book where shes a victim of jeffrey too.

And Meryl Streep will tell her poignant story in a well-received Hollywood biopic.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,303 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She was involved, almost teaching the victims, she would be one rimming and blowing Epstein, then encouraging others to try it.

KungPao wrote: »
    And Meryl Streep will tell her poignant story in a well-received Hollywood biopic.

Which will ofcourse downplay the involvement of anyone from hollywood, itll be all about new york bankers and miami finance guys , gihslane crying in a shower about how jeff has imprisoned her mentally , that its all stockholm syndrome.

And of course any criticism of the film or how the story is portrayed will be written off as those critics being rape apologists or attacking a vulnerable woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

She was involved, almost teaching the victims, she would be one rimming and blowing Epstein, then encouraging others to try it.

How the other half live!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well, a certain member of the Windsor family on the island to our immediate East must be sweating it bad right now...

Ghislaine Maxwell sounds like a truly repulsive woman. The issue now will be how much she will disclose to the authorities and if they can protect her from bing bumped off whilst in custody.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Well, a certain member of the Windsor family on the island to our immediate East must be sweating it bad right now...

Ghislaine Maxwell sounds like a truly repulsive woman. The issue now will be how much she will disclose to the authorities and if they can protect her from bing bumped off whilst in custody.

Apparently he has a medical condition and doesn't in fact sweat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Treppen

Unfortunately that's not how the American system works AFAIK, if she gives them enough dirt on others they may cut her a deal!

I think the deals are already done. Everybody is on message.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Treppen wrote: »
    I think the deals are already done. Everybody is on message.

oh without a doubt but she'll give evidence about some other creep and not any of the high profile ones

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

It only gets darker and wierder lads.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/federal-judge-esther-salas-shooting-investigation/index.html

An attorney who was found dead Monday is the suspect in a shooting at US District Judge Esther Salas' home, the US Attorney's Office in New Jersey said Monday afternoon.

Salas' son was killed and her husband injured in the Sunday attack at the family's home in North Brunswick, New Jersey.
    The FBI identified Roy Den Hollander as the "primary subject," and said that he is dead, the US Attorney's office said in a statement. Den Hollander was a lawyer who once argued a case before Salas, according to court records.
    Earlier, two law enforcement sources told CNN that the suspect died of what is believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

• Advertisement

iamstop wrote: »
    It only gets darker and wierder lads.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/federal-judge-esther-salas-shooting-investigation/index.html

An attorney who was found dead Monday is the suspect in a shooting at US District Judge Esther Salas' home, the US Attorney's Office in New Jersey said Monday afternoon.

Salas' son was killed and her husband injured in the Sunday attack at the family's home in North Brunswick, New Jersey.
    The FBI identified Roy Den Hollander as the "primary subject," and said that he is dead, the US Attorney's office said in a statement. Den Hollander was a lawyer who once argued a case before Salas, according to court records.
    Earlier, two law enforcement sources told CNN that the suspect died of what is believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

I think they guy who did the shooting was the patsy for hire. Easy option instead of a professional assassin, ordinary guy dying of cancer, had a connection to the judge so easy to have some grudge motive cooked up. I'd say he was handed the gun and told his family would either be looked after, or spared some embarrassment of some misdemeanor he committed if he did the deed.
    Poor guy probably went there to kill the judge couldn't find her but knew if he didn't kill someone his family were screwed.
    But that's all conspiracy talk, there's probably a perfectly good reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

There's something so disgusting about a woman procuring or being accused of procuring minors for moral-free men.

I'd hope she'd have the 'book' thrown at her but it's like others have said, she'll probably do a deal.

if she squeals and it results in convictions then i don't have an issue with her getting a deal once she does some time.
    Better the elite types rumoured to be involved be hung than her carry the can on her tod

• Registered Users Posts: 16,303 ✭✭✭✭banie01

KungPao wrote: »

One produced by Weinstein ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I think they guy who did the shooting was the patsy for hire. Easy option instead of a professional assassin, ordinary guy dying of cancer, had a connection to the judge so easy to have some grudge motive cooked up. I'd say he was handed the gun and told his family would either be looked after, or spared some embarrassment of some misdemeanor he committed if he did the deed.
    Poor guy probably went there to kill the judge couldn't find her but knew if he didn't kill someone his family were screwed.

Jesus Christ, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that lawyer has a longstanding grievance with that judge amongst many others. they think he also shot another judge (or maybe it was a lawyer) quite recently.

sending his wishes, while taking a big gulp before answering.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1285690484845883392?s=20

sending his wishes, while taking a big gulp before answering.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1285690484845883392?s=20

What a dick!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,687 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread title updated

Very concise and entertaining update . He was just pulled from Instagrm and youtube (just for mentioning Israel alledgedly). Have a look before it's gone.... or before he's gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just saw a documentary about her today where victims claimed she would be driving along and stop the car at a school or places where teenagers hang out, she'd see a young girl, jump out of the car and tell the child she worked for a modelling agency, give them her number and organise an 'audition' in Jeffrey Epstein's house. So f*cked up beyond words!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Very concise and entertaining update . He was just pulled from Instagrm and youtube (just for mentioning Israel alledgedly). Have a look before it's gone.... or before he's gone

Good video, but two epic lines in there. :D

"Prince Andrew lived everything about Epstein, especially the teen."

"You [Alan Dershowitz] don't like massages? Then why the f*ck would you get a massage? I don't like carrots, if someone offers me carrots I would say no. Especially if they're baby carrots."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ghislaine Maxwell’s ‘extremely personal’ documents can be unsealed, judge rules
    Documents relate in part to early 2015 correspondence with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

There have also been allegations that she was an abuser. She seems to be painted as some sort of madam procuring girls for him when in fact she was also an abuser and has threatened girls after the fact. Probably as she is a woman.

There have also been allegations that she was an abuser. She seems to be painted as some sort of madam procuring girls for him when in fact she was also an abuser and has threatened girls after the fact. Probably as she is a woman.

thats sadly what the media often does, people are remiss to believe that women are actively involved in child sex abuse and I'm sure Ghislaine has a team trying to spin it that she too was a victim of Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 doggerland

I was assured plenty that she'd be killed... not sure how Conspiracy theorists will spin things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

doggerland wrote: »
    I was assured plenty that she'd be killed... not sure how Conspiracy theorists will spin things.
    Just checked there and she was arrested 22 days ago. 22 days after being arrested, Epstein was alive and well also.

Doesn't mean there's definitely a conspiracy, but it doesnt really disprove anything at this point either. Otherwise Epstein still being alive on July 28th of last year may as well have done so too.

doggerland wrote: »

the jokes/conspiracy about her being suicided actually put extra pressure on the authorities to not allow that happen and her actually be alive to face justice. Its a positive thing that this keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Caquas

Reviving this thread after a year and four months because, at long last and to the surprise of some posters here, Ghislaine Maxwell will face trial, having spent almost a year and a half in solitary confinement under 24-hour surveillance. So much for the presumption of innocence.

She is charged with enticing minors (four, I think) "to travel to engage in criminal sexual activity", transporting minors "with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity", conspiracy to commit those offenses, and "perjury in connection with a sworn deposition." I don't think the main offences charged here have any equivalent in Irish law. Who was the last person tried for perjury in connection with an affidavit in Ireland?  Lying on oath is a badge of honour for our criminals who relish their impunity.

Will she spill the beans or will she take one for the team? It could be bigger than OJ if she takes the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

If you read articles on Epstein he was involved in some investment company's and had very rich friends it's not quite clear how he got wealthy i think it's due to smart investments shares and being in the right place at the right time, one example anyone who bought a 1000 bitcoin 4 years ago now would be rích if they cashed out an awful lot of famous people were friends with Epstein before he was prosecuted

They don't want to give her bail they are really making an example of her she eats awful food she can hardly sleep without being interrupted by guards and she is still rich I reckon she get at least 20 year in jail. I think the rest of her family led a normal life

She was just another average rich woman before she met Epstein

She could have just left America when Epstein was arrested rather than wait around to be arrested she could maybe have gone to Russia some place where there's no extradition treaty with russia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think the rest of her family led a normal life

Do you know who her father is? I don't think anybody would describe his life as normal.

Advertisement