Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Ghislaine Maxwell trial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

iamstop wrote: »

Who's the bald dude drinking water and looking weird. Is he filming himself watching the court case on telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who's the bald dude drinking water and looking weird. Is he filming himself watching the court case on telly?

Very weird

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Yeah, he's streaming it through his channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,741 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've seen a lot of livestreams and twitch streams etc. but this is among the weirdest.

If you have a better live link, fire it up there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ya think Jeff bezos would have better things to do.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Ya think Jeff bezos would have better things to do.

His stunt double maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Treppen

Shaun Atwood , millionaire stockbroker turned ecstacy kingpin in the 90s, turned..... YouTube podcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭bigroad

Don't think she will get bail.

She really shouldn't. She's as much a suicide risk as she is vulnerable to being killed, in all honesty. She knows too much about too many from all walks of aristocracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Caquas

Trial date set for 12 July 2021. She will sit in a cell for 12 months before they even start to hear evidence against her although she is willing to submit to bail conditions which would amount to house arrest.

I really dislike the complainants saying how terrified they would be if she was free. She had been at liberty until two weeks ago I.e. for years since her alleged offences. What did she do to them lately that made the court think she would harm them now unless she was kept in jail?

I feel sorry for anyone who falls into the clutches of the American justice system, even Robert Maxwell’s daughter. Even she is entitled to the presumption of innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The CIA and various national intelligence agencies would have known what all these people were at, wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Caquas wrote: »
    Trial date set for 12 July 2021. She will sit in a cell for 12 months before they even start to hear evidence against her although she is willing to submit to bail conditions which would amount to house arrest.

I really dislike the complainants saying how terrified they would be if she was free. She had been at liberty until two weeks ago I.e. for years since her alleged offences. What did she do to them lately that made the court think she would harm them now unless she was kept in jail?

I feel sorry for anyone who falls into the clutches of the American justice system, even Robert Maxwell’s daughter. Even she is entitled to the presumption of innocence.

I don't feel very sorry for her at all. I'm delighted for her. I just wonder how long before she gets Covid or suicided.

Yes she is entitled to innocence until proven guilty but I can't muster up sympathy for her.

I don't feel very sorry for her at all. I'm delighted for her. I just wonder how long before she gets Covid or suicided.

Yes she is entitled to innocence until proven guilty but I can't muster up sympathy for her.

You want her dead before the trial? So do many powerful men.

I want her alive, facing a full trial in open court where we get to the heart of the Jeffrey Epstein enigma - how he accumulated such wealth without ever owning a business.

At least her father created a substantial business, although he was another riddle wrapped in an enigma.

Time will tell but I have no confidence in the American judicial system which failed spectacularly in Epstein’s case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

You want her dead before the trial? So do many powerful men.

No. And I didn't say that or imply it.

Maybe practice your reading comprehension.

I hope she lives to see justice and reveal the other dark actors in this hole horrendous ordeal.

No. And I didn't say that or imply it.

Maybe practice your reading comprehension.

I said she was going to be in jail for a year before trial and you said
    I'm delighted for her. I just wonder how long before she gets Covid or suicided.

I think I understand what you wrote better than you do.

I said she was going to be in jail for a year before trial and you said

I think I understand what you wrote better than you do.

This is petty, expecting her to be offed and wishing for it are different things. Quit yizzer squabbling.

This is petty, expecting her to be offed and wishing for it are different things. Quit yizzer squabbling.

Petty squabbling? I beg to differ.

I’ll rephrase the point I made earlier. You are delighted this woman is in prison without trial for the next year and you anticipate her imminent death in custody with sublime indifference.

Don’t get snarky if you’re challenged on social media for such views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ghislaine (pronounced gilaine) Maxwell was charged with 6 counts. She has been denied bail.

Now she is pleading not guilty.

I just found out she is not only charged with aiding the abuse. But she is also charged with taking part in the sexual abuse herself.

Numerous victims have accused Maxwell of being a sexual predator in her own right and of sexually abusing them.

I am just thinking. I can't think of too many woman who have been accused in the public eye of sexual abuse.

In my mind she is guilty there is too much evidence. I worry she will be portrayed as some sort of 'Hollywood Madame' like Heidi Fleiss was ..and she will be let of the hook.

Its not been reported that not only she is facing charges of aiding the abuse by finding girls ...but that she has been accused of groping young underage girls herself.

She deserves life for what she has done. We all know that this kind of crime is the most under reported around the world. Partic when it comes to the rich and famous. But its possible even more so with women. Juries doesn't have a lot of experience with female abusers.

I hope her gender is something that will stop people looking at the facts or make them consider it less serious.

She wasn't just recruiting girls she was also raping them.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/ghislaine-maxwell-was-a-sexual-predator-alleged-victim-says/

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

A sexual predator is a sexual predator regardless of gender and should be treated accordingly. I am not worried about her getting her just deserts, i am worried that she might commit "suicide" before she gets the chance to spill whatever beans she is holding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I think they might watch her a little more carefully than they did Epstein.

She doesn't deserve to not answer for whatever part she has played in this whole sordid thing.
    Horrible woman.

I think they might watch her a little more carefully than they did Epstein.

She doesn't deserve to not answer for whatever part she has played in this whole sordid thing.
    Horrible woman.

She might not! Depending on how big the other fish are that she has the dirt on! If they are bigger than her.........

A sexual predator is a sexual predator regardless of gender and should be treated accordingly.!

I agree.
    i am worried that she might commit "suicide" before she gets the chance to spill whatever beans she is holding

Me too.

She might not! Depending on how big the other fish are that she has the dirt on! If they are bigger than her.........

But she herself groped and abused young girls. Of course she must.

But she herself groped and abused young girls. Of course she must.

Unfortunately that's not how the American system works AFAIK, if she gives them enough dirt on others they may cut her a deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭KungPao

That surname. Has there ever been a good Maxwell? Ghislaine, Robert, Andrew. What’s going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

There's something so disgusting about a woman procuring or being accused of procuring minors for moral-free men.

I'd hope she'd have the 'book' thrown at her but it's like others have said, she'll probably do a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Her only chance of survival is to release all the evidence she has.

Advertisement