Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 PUP - Self-Employed only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

ATC110 wrote: »
    I saw that article and it does seem bizarre that so many would not have confirmed

If its true and I doubt it, the only thing I can think of is people who've left country, but even they would still have access and be able to check notifications.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭64869923

I don’t have access to that part on welfare.ie as I’m still waiting in my Public Services Card but even though I confirmed eligibility back in July (it also says in my inbox on welfare.ie that I confirmed it), it does make me slightly nervous...

Look at this: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/almost-28-000-lose-eligibility-for-pandemic-unemployment-payment-1.4332440?mode=amp

Surely that many couldn’t have left confirming at the risk of their claims closing? I’m just hoping they haven’t closed random accounts unnecessarily!

I have the same account and received this as confirmation.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    If its true and I doubt it, the only thing I can think of is people who've left country, but even they would still have access and be able to check notifications.

Spot on, that's all it really could be.

You would think though, with the whole hooha about SW inspectors at the airport, that they would know they have left.

64869923 wrote: »

All good there :)

• Advertisement

You would think though, with the whole hooha about SW inspectors at the airport, that they would know they have left.

Good point, it's just very odd really, 28k, just beyond credible me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

O, didn't realise basic accounts don't have access full access, but you can see approved? and see your messages?, you'll be fine, I recall we posted about that. Can you see payment history? Honestly don't worry, once you have to message conf you confirmed, all good :)

Can’t see anything accept messages which is very annoying so every week in slightly sick waiting for the payment to come through!

Can’t see anything accept messages which is very annoying so every week in slightly sick waiting for the payment to come through!

Just curious, can you not see any payment history at all?

Good point, it's just very odd really, 28k, just beyond credible me thinks

They will be raiding the UCD physiotherapy course because they're going to need some amount of people to massage that figure.

I can't as I have the basic account as well.

• Advertisement

SnowWhite did you get that notification I posted? If you did it should be listed in the notification dropdown in the top right hand corner after the mywelfare.ie login.

I can't as I have the basic account as well.

So on basic accounts, once logged in you don't have facilities to check payment history?

Even if you click the pop down menu under your name?, just surprised. I have the full account but even with this, my welfare is a seperate portal.

They will be raiding the UCD physiotherapy course because they're going to need some amount of people to massage that figure.

LOL :) but nothing would surprise me at this stage

So on basic accounts, once logged in you don't have facilities to check payment history?

Even if you click the pop down menu under your name?, just surprised. I have the full account but even with this, my welfare is a seperate portal.

So mygov and mywelfare are separate portals. With the basic account, this is true for me at least, when you login on the mygov account there's nothing except the dropdown under your name, with a prompt to apply for the verified account, change password and logout, below that are links to the other portals.

On mywelfare the dropdown menu has view account, which loops to a verify account page, change password and logout, with notifications in a box below the dropdown, and that's pretty much it.

So mygov and mywelfare are separate portals. With the basic account, this is true for me at least, when you login on the mygov account there's nothing except the dropdown under your name, with a prompt to apply for the verified account, change password and logout, below that are links to the other portals.

On mywelfare the dropdown menu has view account, which loops to a verify account page, change password and logout, with notifications in a box below the dropdown, and that's pretty much it.

Ah, I see, really odd that, if anything it helps track payments etc, I can also check weekly to see if payment coming etc, usually check on a sat.

The main thing for now is everyone has confirmed eligibility, I took screenshot of the message confirming just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 amd1982

So just checked account and back to the higher rate of €350 and the 6 weeks arrears are in my account. No contact from PUP rerate ...

Hope everyone else is sorted soon

amd1982 wrote: »
    So just checked account and back to the higher rate of €350 and the 6 weeks arrears are in my account. No contact from PUP rerate ...

Hope everyone else is sorted soon

Well done, delighted for you, great result :)

Nope!

This is the exact same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 WhatNext?

Hi all, just looking for some advice!

Fairly new to being self employed, in fact I was working as an employee (PAYE) all year, and this stopped in June (when I switched over to self employment). So this is my first year.

I have not yet registered as self employed. Will this affect me if my current business is affected by COVID? For example, will I be able to apply for the PUP? I haven't paid any tax yet on my self employed earnings, since i imagine they're due next year. Will I be put on the lower PUP rate because of this?

My concern is that it'll look like I haven't worked since June (PAYE) on their system, even though I began trading as self employed following this, and I haven't stopped since. I'm worried they will count me as ineglible for the PUP as I am not in employment.

Any advice will be appreciated!

• Advertisement

WhatNext? wrote: »
    Hi all, just looking for some advice!

Fairly new to being self employed, in fact I was working as an employee (PAYE) all year, and this stopped in June (when I switched over to self employment). So this is my first year.

I have not yet registered as self employed. Will this affect me if my current business is affected by COVID? For example, will I be able to apply for the PUP? I haven't paid any tax yet on my self employed earnings, since i imagine they're due next year. Will I be put on the lower PUP rate because of this?

My concern is that it'll look like I haven't worked since June (PAYE) on their system, even though I began trading as self employed following this, and I haven't stopped since. I'm worried they will count me as ineglible for the PUP as I am not in employment.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Really difficult one to advise on. Firstly my guess would be registering as self employed for PUP purposes would definitely mean lower payment as initially they were working off 2018 returns but ammended this to allow 2019, both you won't have.

Even though your now self employed, you mention you've not registered, if this is the case and your last PAYE employment was June, they are working off earnings from Jan/Feb 2020 so I'm going to suggest, register as an employee (others may have differing advice), I suggest this as PUP was for those employed prior to March 2020,cwhich you were. When applying, you will be asked for your employers details, just name etc.

If this is not an option, you would have to go the JSA route which is cumbersome and means tested.

The above my humble opinion

So I signed up for the DEASP verified account, it's very good. Really handy to see everything laid out in before me.

So I signed up for the DEASP verified account, it's very good. Really handy to see everything laid out in before me.

Great, makes it a little easier to see payments etc

Great, makes it a little easier to see payments etc

Does the next payment you're to receive appear a few days beforehand or is it the night before or even after this?

Does the next payment you're to receive appear a few days beforehand or is it the night before or even after this?

I normally check on Saturday mornings and it's updated there, for example it should show payment 11th August at the moment, next sat it will be 18th if that makes sense, being paid a week in arrears

• Registered Users Posts: 5 WhatNext?

Really difficult one to advise on. Firstly my guess would be registering as self employed for PUP purposes would definitely mean lower payment as initially they were working off 2018 returns but ammended this to allow 2019, both you won't have.

Even though your now self employed, you mention you've not registered, if this is the case and your last PAYE employment was June, they are working off earnings from Jan/Feb 2020 so I'm going to suggest, register as an employee (others may have differing advice), I suggest this as PUP was for those employed prior to March 2020,cwhich you were. When applying, you will be asked for your employers details, just name etc.

If this is not an option, you would have to go the JSA route which is cumbersome and means tested.

The above my humble opinion

Thanks ever so much for your suggestion, what you've said makes a lot of sense!

WhatNext? wrote: »
    Thanks ever so much for your suggestion, what you've said makes a lot of sense!

I used to be a counsellor but I'm OK now :) your welcome, its the best I can think of, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Just wondering are there many still waiting to be put back on the higher rate? I'm 3 weeks with no word and not feeling hopeful.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

ttoppcat wrote: »
    Just wondering are there many still waiting to be put back on the higher rate? I'm 3 weeks with no word and not feeling hopeful.:confused:

Eight weeks and waiting. Tried to call DEASP in Waterford, was told they are not accepting phonecalls.

As per Government Ombudsman, you have to exhaust all avenues of appeals (or an excessive delay) before they will get involved. Emails don't seem to hold much water with them, so

You need to send a formal appeal in writing to:

Covid 19 Unemployment Payments Appeals
    PO Box 12896
    Dublin 1

If you don't get any satisfaction there, then you can get the Ombudsman involved.

I wrote in three weeks ago and will be referring it back to the Ombudsman in a few days

• Advertisement

Sorry this still hasn't been resolved, just extraordinary. I'm wondering what's going to happen after the 17th September with Rates reducing, is it going to be another round of paperwork etc. I've seen no reporting on how rate reductions will affect self employed.

Advertisement