Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More from Roderic O'Gorman (MOD NOTE IN OPENING POST)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I really don't think it's much of a stretch to claim that the core objection some of these people have is something like:
    1. Gay man is Minister for Children.
    2. Gay men can't have or care for children because they're gay.
    3. People who don't care for or have children shouldn't be Minister for Children.

I've seen a number of now deleted posts on boards.ie which would support this. Although to be fair I do suspect there are a good number of people who are just incredibly susceptible to any form of populist propaganda and are just hopping on whatever bandwagon pops up in front of them; and that propaganda is very likely driven by the rationale above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

paw patrol wrote: »
    the march was an anti pedophilia march.

For you to say it was about O'Gorman being gay is YOUR projection.

There was no lie , O'Gorman had questions to answer esp as Minister for Children. Just as any other politician does for past association with undesirables.

Totally agreed, it's nothing to do with been gay. However some people think it's acceptable to hide behind been gay.
    Facts are : ( And all quoted by o gorman on twitter)
    He made a racist remark,
    He like and shared a post put up by a paedophile,
    He encouraged violence against a woman,

He should come out and Appolgise. And that would be the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

Nothing short of hanging would ever "be the end of it" for the mob. As O'Gorman said, he wasn't aware of Tatchell's remarks at the time and I'm more inclined to believe an established politician over the violent thugs that organised a lynch mob because of the lies they concocted about him. The thin pretext of "anti paedophilia" hasn't washed with the public so now you're resorting to even more brazen lies.

I know it's an unpopular opinion here but I don't think homophobia, whatever way it's dressed up, is okay. And I don't think it's okay to threaten someone with hanging because you're a homophobic scumbag. You lot seem to think that's okay, and I think that says more about you than I ever could.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

castle2012 wrote: »
    the march was an anti pedophilia march.
    What exactly is the purpose of an anti-peadophilia march? What policy objective is it trying to achieve please?
    He made a racist remark,
    He made a remark about his dog, a remark that not a single soul on Twitter raised the slightest issue or query with in the two years since it was made.
    He like and shared a post put up by a paedophile,
    What evidence do you have that Thatchell is a paedophile? Have you given this evidence to the UK police?
    He encouraged violence against a woman,
    He made a jokey remark, along the lines of 'I'll kill ya'. Have you ever made a remark like that yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ok so out of curiosity I had a look at the protest video.

The nooses symbol is to reflect their call for a reintroduction of capital punishment

That’s it. Nothing specifically to do with ROG

• Advertisement

What exactly is the purpose of an anti-peadophilia march? What policy objective is it trying to achieve please?

He made a remark about his dog, a remark that not a single soul on Twitter raised the slightest issue or query with in the two years since it was made.

What evidence do you have that Thatchell is a paedophile? Have you given this evidence to the UK police?

He made a jokey remark, along the lines of 'I'll kill ya'. Have you ever made a remark like that yourself?

Andrew you need to read the posts correctly I never said the first point you quoted my name after,
    Also a racist remark is a recist remark doesn't matter who says it.
    I never mentioned the name tatchell, (in fact I was referring to pattonoswalt) who o gorman likes and shared.
    With regards the violence. That's your opinion however I believe violence should never be acceptable.

Andrew you need to read the posts correctly I never said the first point you quoted my name after,
    Also a racist remark is a recist remark doesn't matter who says it.
    I never mentioned the name tatchell, (in fact I was referring to pattonoswalt) who o gorman likes and shared.
    With regards the violence. That's your opinion however I believe violence should never be acceptable.

Yes, a racist remark is a racist remark. But this isn't one, as confirmed by the complete absence of any response.

Re Oswalt - you seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick again. Here's the full story.
    https://digg.com/2018/patton-oswalt-nambla-tweets-gunn-ban-cernovich

This would be a good time for you to withdraw your defamatory allegation.

Re violence - you don't seem to have answered my question. Have you ever said "I'll kill ya" or "I'll murder ya" or similar to anyone in your life. Please be honest now.

The nooses symbol is to reflect their call for a reintroduction of capital punishment

And considering the National Party's goons manufactured the controversy about O'Gorman, then this shower shows up at the Dáil immediately after it, all while still harping on about him being either a paedophile or "paedophile apologist"... Nah, I think it's pretty clear it was about O'Gorman. They could've picked any other time and place but they didn't and they whipped up this controversy before doing so. It's just too much to be mere coincidence.

Yes, a racist remark is a racist remark. But this isn't one, as confirmed by the complete absence of any response.

Re Oswalt - you seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick again. Here's the full story.
    https://digg.com/2018/patton-oswalt-nambla-tweets-gunn-ban-cernovich

This would be a good time for you to withdraw your defamatory allegation.

Re violence - you don't seem to have answered my question. Have you ever said "I'll kill ya" or "I'll murder ya" or similar to anyone in your life. Please be honest now.
    Andrew so you have retracted your first fake allagation which you say I said.
    Second I won't retract the what I said about the racist remark put on twitter.
    Thirdly regards the violence. (clearly you don't read before you post) I have said several times on this board, Encouraging volience is never acceptable on twitter.
    Ah lastly, What defamatory allegation?
    Looks like your one of these throlls that follow people around because they won't give you the answer you want to hear. You can keep digging and miss-quoting all you like as my views won't be changing. Your patatic.

The National Party have very open views on the death penalty. This includes the execution of doctors who engage in abortions...
    Thirdly regards the violence. (clearly you don't read before you post) I have said several times on this board, Encouraging volience is never acceptable on twitter.
    Looks like your one of these throlls that follow people around because they won't give you the answer you want to hear. You can keep digging and miss-quoting all you like as my views won't be changing. Your patatic.

In fairness, you claimed a person's joke that was a jab at NRA policy makes a person a paedophile. So your claim is nonsense regardless. It highlights the types that do support this rally. There's a genuine gap in their perceptions. Do you also subscribe to pizzagate?

• Advertisement

So you're definitely going to to keep avoiding the question about whether you've ever said "I'll kill ya" or "I'll murder ya" to anyone. Ever?

Your allegation that Oswalt is a paedophile is defamatory. Read the article I linked to, and if you have any sense of decency, withdraw your allegation.

Why do you think that not a single soul picked up O'Gorman on his "racist" tweet over the last two years?

So you're definitely going to to keep avoiding the question about whether you've ever said "I'll kill ya" or "I'll murder ya" to anyone. Ever?

Your allegation that Oswalt is a paedophile is defamatory. Read the article I linked to, and if you have any sense of decency, withdraw your allegation.

Why do you think that not a single soul picked up O'Gorman on his "racist" tweet over the last two years?
    Again for the benefit of everyone else here. Have a look back on Andrews first comment about this, he made up stuff and put my name against it.
    Terrible carry on from a desperate lefty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

RWCNT wrote: »
    To suggest all black people are good at basketball is to suggest that they have certain characteristics by virtue of their race - a biological reality inherent regardless of societal context. White privilege is based around the idea that white people are less likely to face racism, not due to possessing some special set of characteristics, but simply by virtue of being the majority in a country. It's more a statement on society itself than about the traits of white people.

I've lived in England for a good few years and have been unfortunate enough to have had the occasional disparaging comment made to me about my nationality. Surely you'd agree this is more likely to happen to me in a country where I'm the minority than where the majority share my nationality?

Don't think you realise but you actually agreed with his analogy and made the same analogy yourself.

Again for the benefit of everyone else here. Have a look back on Andrews first comment about this, he made up stuff and put my name against it.
    Terrible carry on from a desperate lefty

Erm, you claimed a person was a paedophile... They're not... It was more your inability to understand the point he was making with the tweet.

Erm, you claimed a person was a paedophile... They're not... It was more your inability to understand the point he was making with the tweet.

Well it's what's on twitter

Patton is not a paedophile, he made a jab at the nra by oil likening their rhetoric to NAMBLA. The remark was playing upon the NRA who oppose any serious gun control and claims guns keep children safer.

When the entirety of your proof is a jab at the NRA. Then you're not thinking the most rationally. Now where do you stand on q-anon and pizzagate? Cause this is very much the area you're descending into. I also follow Patton Oswalt on twitter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Do you believe everything on twitter?

Do you believe everything on twitter?

I'm eagerly awaiting credible proof.

Patton is not a paedophile, he made a jab at the nra by oil likening their rhetoric to NAMBLA. The remark was playing upon the NRA who oppose any serious gun control and claims guns keep children safer.

When the entirety of your proof is a jab at the NRA. Then you're not thinking the most rationally. Now where do you stand on q-anon and pizzagate? Cause this is very much the area you're descending into. I also follow Patton Oswalt on twitter. :)

I don't follow him on twitter,Good reaserch I didn't know that.
    Just to be clear this as its a political debate, I never once called ó Gorman a peado. I did say he has questions to be answered on his past comments on twitter. If Oswalt is not a peado (as posted on twitter) we'll than he has no questions to be answered on that point.
    Unfortunately there is a member on here making up fake comments and has an agenda.I don't see him over rescueing Éamon Ryan on the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I'm eagerly awaiting credible proof.

Maybe he ate a pizza

• Advertisement

I'm confused now. What's on Twitter?

You said that Patton is a paedophile. What is your evidence for this?

Just to be clear this as its a political debate, I never once called ó Gorman a peado. I did say he has questions to be answered on his past comments on twitter.
    He already did. https://www.thejournal.ie/roderic-ogorman-reject-peter-thatchell-5142524-Jul2020/ At least have the courage to come out and say what you mean. You're not explicitly calling him a paedophile, but you are doing a piss poor job of insinuating it and thinking no one has the cop on to see what you're doing. That some people choose to continue promulgating the pathetic lies of the far right while inventing their own isn't his problem. He's doing the right thing by not engaging these scumbags, as any engagement only lends them a feeling of legitimacy. Threats of violence against politicians don't have any place here, especially when made by homophobic tools. I'm just glad the Irish public hasn't fallen for these attempts to drum up hatred towards a gay man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Who's Professor JQ and what are his credentials for knowign this?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Just to be clear this as its a political debate, I never once called ó Gorman a peado. I did say he has questions to be answered on his past comments on twitter. If Oswalt is not a peado (as posted on twitter) we'll than he has no questions to be answered on that point.
    Unfortunately there is a member on here making up fake comments and has an agenda.I don't see him over rescueing Éamon Ryan on the other thread.

In fairness, you made a false claim that a person provided proof was false. Saying "if somebody is a paedophile" may be the most dishonest form of argument. It's like naming random names and accusing them of being one. Twitter is not proof.

https://twitter.com/profJQ Another far right account set up this month pushing the usual mix of racism, COVID conspiracy crap, targetting O'Gorman, and general anti-LGBT nonsense, to give the appearance that real people (definitely not spam accounts) support this crap.

Oh and trawling through O'Gormans history to invent more lies. Can't forget that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

https://twitter.com/profJQ Another far right account set up this month pushing the usual mix of racism, COVID conspiracy crap, targetting O'Gorman, and general anti-LGBT nonsense, to give the appearance that real people (definitely not spam accounts) support this crap.

Oh and trawling through O'Gormans history to invent more lies. Can't forget that one.

That account just informed me some africans had a bit of a turf war in my area yesterday; thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"The truth is the new hate speech"

This is Titania McGrath territory: are we sure it's real?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Sadly these people are very much real. It may not be a 'real person' as in someone just using Twitter who happens to think like this. More likely is that it was expressly made to help push those things. If it was parody I'd expect exaggeration rather than simply repeating.

When they're retweeting stuff like this https://twitter.com/Kf5Ph/status/1282552672646836226 and making posts like these https://twitter.com/profJQ/status/1284098258009239552 https://twitter.com/profJQ/status/1284098076421107713 I think it's a safe bet they're either clinically insane or a hastily registered mouthpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I've no idea what the second half of the image is about, but as it says 'RT is not endorsement'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

This is going to be the end of society.

When people unquestioningly take crazy lies as fact because an anonymous twitter handle said so, we're all fncked.

Advertisement