Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More from Roderic O'Gorman (MOD NOTE IN OPENING POST)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

At the date of the tweet, he was nothing - not a Councillor, not a TD, not a Minister - definitely not a law maker.

Can we take it that you have never said "I'll kill ya" or similar to a mate or a sibling maybe?

Because this is at the same level - absolute clutching at straws, and fairly pathetic.
    What's pathetic is people knocking other people's views. The facts are clear, This guy made racist remarks on twitter and he also encouraged violence.
    He also liked and shared posts from a known paedophile on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

castle2012 wrote: »
    What's pathetic is people knocking other people's views. The facts are clear, This guy made racist remarks on twitter and he also encouraged violence.
    He also liked and shared posts from a known paedophile on twitter.

He's racist now? Oh that's a new one.

He's racist now? Oh that's a new one.

You will have to look back on the thread, Someone posted the tweet with the racist comments

You will have to look back on the thread, Someone posted the tweet with the racist comments

I am fairly sure that didn't happen as I have been following and contributing to the thread and have already read it.

I am fairly sure that didn't happen as I have been following and contributing to the thread and have already read it.

I'm sure I seen it. Anyway have a look at his latest tweet, 4 comments down, it's also there.

• Advertisement

I'm sure I seen it. Anyway have a look at his latest tweet, 4 comments down, it's also there.

What exactly did you see? You are just evading the question after you accused someone of racism.

What exactly did you see? You are just evading the question after you accused someone of racism.

As I said, have a look at the tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Don't have a twitter account. Just post a screenshot the bloody thing if it exists, seeing as you made the accusaion.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

As I thought.

I haven't time to go through all of his tweets and comments to try and work out what you are taking about.

I have looked at his twitter and it's about Eamon Ryan and other tweets about the park gates and commemorating the murder of Bosnians.

Nothing remotely racist.

You shouldn't make accusations against people without reason. It's fairly low.

Don't have a twitter account. Just post a screenshot the bloody thing if it exists, seeing as you made the accusaion.

It obviously doesn't exist.

• Advertisement

As I thought.

I haven't time to go through all of his tweets and comments to try and work out what you are taking about.

I have looked at his twitter and it's about Eamon Ryan and other tweets about the park gates and commemorating the murder of Bosnians.

Nothing remotely racist.

You shouldn't make accusations against people without reason. It's fairly low.

As usual, shout people down. Here you go

It obviously doesn't exist.

It does

As usual, shout people down. Here you go

I didn't shout anyone down. I asked what you are talking about as you made an accusation about someone and wouldn't say what you were talking about.

You are on a political thread people have the right to disagree with you. As they do with me.

Nobody is shouting anybody down.

I didn't shout anyone down. I asked what you are talking about as you made an accusation about someone and wouldn't say what you were talking about.

You are on a political thread people have the right to disagree with you. As they do with me.

Nobody is shouting anybody down.

That's what the guy posted on twitter and it can be seen as racist in many people eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

Is this what we're now going to be treated to? The homophobes can't explain or address the usage of images of nooses at their rally so now they're desperately trawling through O'Gormans Twitter history to find anything they can claim is suspect so they can deflect from their threats? Christ alive, it's a dog with an unusual, slanted look to its eye.

This is getting beyond pathetic.

https://twitter.com/rodericogorman/status/1077313420305805313?s=19

Ya, you'd really be reaching to claim that tweet is racist...

Lest we forget, this is the lynch mob that turned up to "call for Roderic O'Gorman's resignation". The same group that thought to bring images of nooses. Y'know, as people who call for "resignations" don't.

pdyL0k2.jpg

Never let them forget. Never stop questioning why they thought to bring images of nooses. Net let them weasel out of it. They sent a clear and unambiguous message to a gay, left wing TD for no other reason than he's gay and left wing. That kind of violent threat has no place in our politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

That's what the guy posted on twitter and it can be seen as racist in many people eyes.

Isn't it funny though how no-one saw it as racist at the time, or indeed in the years since it was posted. He was a Green Councillor at the time, very active in marriage equality and repeal campaigns, so he had no shortage of enemies.

But not a single person saw this and responded to him, until this witch hunt started.

Why do you think that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Isn't it funny though how no-one saw it as racist at the time, or indeed in the years since it was posted. He was a Green Councillor at the time, very active in marriage equality and repeal campaigns, so he had no shortage of enemies.

But not a single person saw this and responded to him, until this witch hunt started.

Why do you think that is?

You do realise this is 2020 and people are being pulled up on stuff they have tweeted up to 10 years ago. So anyone in the public eye will have their social media trawled through by their critics. Happens on the left and the right so that's where we are.

You do realise this is 2020 and people are being pulled up on stuff they have tweeted up to 10 years ago. So anyone in the public eye will have their social media trawled through by their critics. Happens on the left and the right so that's where we are.

True but in this case, it's pretty weak sauce if this will the dirt that can be dug up on him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What amazes me is the amount of people who are condemning this kind of **** and the cancel cultrue that follows it when it's the SJW-mob that do it, but suddenly it's someone they don't like and - woo-hoo - suddenly it's fair game!

It also surprises me that "the ministe posted a racial-insensitive image some time ago" is now an argument for transphobia.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yes, I'm well aware of that.

Can you please explain why, despite all that trawling, no one has said a peep to him on Twitter about this apparent offensive tweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Never let them forget. Never stop questioning why they thought to bring images of nooses. Net let them weasel out of it. They sent a clear and unambiguous message to a gay, left wing TD for no other reason than he's gay and left wing. That kind of violent threat has no place in our politics.

I wasn't there , maybe I should have been cos i'd hang peados. end of. No apologies for it.
    I thought boards took a dim view of linking pedophilia to homosexuality...but there you are making the link...shame on you.

Nowhere in my post did I link homosexuality to paedophilia (that was done by the far right thugs in the photo, I'm just bringing it to attention), I'm a gay man myself so naturally I'm worried about a lynch mob getting together to "protest" a gay man because they lied about him being a paedophile or "paedophile apologist". Shame on you for agreeing with that lynch mob, though, but it's good to know where you stand on innocent gay men being hanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

https://twitter.com/rodericogorman/status/1077313420305805313?s=19

Ya, you'd really be reaching to claim that tweet is racist...

that made me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Nowhere in my post did I link homosexuality to paedophilia (that was done by the far right thugs in the photo, I'm just bringing it to attention), I'm a gay man myself so naturally I'm worried about a lynch mob getting together to "protest" a gay man because they lied about him being a paedophile or "paedophile apologist".

the march was an anti pedophilia march.

For you to say it was about O'Gorman being gay is YOUR projection.

There was no lie , O'Gorman had questions to answer esp as Minister for Children. Just as any other politician does for past association with undesirables.

but it's good to know where you stand on innocent gay men being hanged.
    oh lord.

If it was just an innocent well meaning anti pedophilia march where were the genuine children's organisations. Or indeed any organisations with credibility?

Why are Barnardo's or similar organisations not joining the calls for his resignation. If it's all just innocent? Why is everyone not horrified?

paw patrol wrote: »

For you to say it was about O'Gorman being gay is YOUR projection.
    Christ alive, I can't do this. O'Gorman isn't a paedophile and they were there "protesting" him. That you don't want to acknowledge those established facts is your problem, not mine.

Katherine Zappone, another openly gay TD and his predecessor in the position, also received dogs abuse because she was gay. The loonies managed to whip up a nonsense controversy in this instance to give themselves the barest cover of credibility but normal people aren't fooled. So now they're desperately scrambling to find even more crap they can lie about.

If it was an "anti paedophilia" march why protest there? Why after manufacturing the controversy? Why did the NP ****e on about O'Gorman before it? Stop lying about what's going on, no one but the other loopers are buying it.
    There was no lie , O'Gorman had questions to answer esp as Minister for Children. Just as any other politician does for past association with undesirables.
    Once a-bloody-gain, his "association" was nothing more than appearing in a photograph standing next to Tatchell. Are all the kids who appeared on Jim'll Fix It paedophiles too? What about all the people Rolf Harris ever stood next to? Have you ever stood next to people that it turned out were "undesirables"?

Feck off with your "questions to answer", it was a homophobic lynch mob and nothing more and you're happy to endorse it. Says all that needs saying about you and the rest of the gang here defending these thugs. Threatening violence against people is okay once ye can lie about them, it seems.
    oh lord.
    Pretty much my reaction when you lied about me "linking homosexuality to paedophilia", frankly. Don't dish it out if you can't take it is all I have to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Those images of nooses are a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

paw patrol wrote: »

Just because they use a hashtag with "innoence" in it, doesn't make them anything other than a lynch mob, even though they pretend to be concerned citizens protesting for a greater good. This "proof" they find on twitter is bottom shelf stuff, absolutely ridiculous.

Advertisement