Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yes. The only thing. If the hangover is severe enough tomorrow you may even qualify for my particular hug speciality.

Then I will look forward to that, but unfortunately I never get hangovers. But I can always pretend,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭3d4life

Lavinia wrote: »
    I didn't know this! Oh all the thoughts now I have :D.....:D:D:D

I'm sensing that this lockdown is not like the last one ... e.g. ( and maybe no use to you L. ) someone said to me that they thought Woodies will not have to close this time.

( anyone able to confirm / deny Woodies open ? )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

3d4life wrote: »
    Can you wait till the cows come home ?

Deskside, it has just been suggested to me that Monday is a bank holiday :confused:

Yep, used to be the Jazz weekend down in cork,
    Couchside with a beer watching the soccer:)
    On a side note, i see many people saying they had the covid test done, is it job related or had symptoms. Haven't had one myself and hope it stays that way.
    Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭3d4life

...unfortunately I never get hangovers....

You must try harder :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

votecounts wrote: »
    Yep, used to be the Jazz weekend down in cork,
    Couchside with a beer watching the soccer:)
    On a side note, i see many people saying they had the covid test done, is it job related or had symptoms. Haven't had one myself and hope it stays that way.
    Take care.
    oh i remember jazz weekend in cork.. how beautiful that was :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭thomil

votecounts wrote: »
    Take care.

I definitely had symptoms, which is what caused me to call my GP in the first place. Call was done on Thursday afternoon, test was done on Saturday morning, had the results on Sunday evening.

Can't really complain, apart from the fact the the Defence Forces van sent to pick me up seemed to pick the most pot-holed backroads in and around Cork. I now know how the inside of a pinball machine must feel like :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home watching Prime Time on the telly. So glad to have the new boiler and proper heat in all my rooms again. :)

Waking around my locality this morning (at 11am) I couldn’t get over the levels of traffic on the roads. I thought we were now in a new Level 5 lockdown? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside about to get up and get my coat :3

Two antennae got married, the reception was amazing :pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Has Lavinia been to the shop?

Where's my wine, crisps and chocolate?

Has Seph spanked her?

Is this a bank holiday weekend?

Why don't I know about this?

When are the clocks going back?

If I'm this removed from reality after 1 day of lockdown is there any hope for me?

Anyone else think I should have a drink?

You do? Well, if you insist like!

Deskside about to get up and get my coat :3

Two antennae got married, the reception was amazing :pac:

*gets coat*
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Have yourself a drink Leggy ;):D

Autosport wrote: »
    Have yourself a drink Leggy ;):D

I don't mind if I do! I'll raise a toast to your favourite man on his birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I plan on marking this Sunday night in some way since it's a Bank Holiday and doesn't get lost into the vortex of just another night in lockdown. So the plan is to order an Indian takeaway and pick a really good film to watch and stay up late knowing Monday is Halloween bank holiday and no alarm is set.
    We've missed out on so many fun things and little treats that I think it's important to just spoil ourselves every now and again.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

3d4life wrote: »
    You must try harder :P

Yeah! He's blown his chances now!

I plan on marking this Sunday night in some way since it's a Bank Holiday and doesn't get lost into the vortex of just another night in lockdown. So the plan is to order an Indian takeaway and pick a really good film to watch and stay up late knowing Monday is Halloween bank holiday and no alarm is set.
    We've missed out on so many fun things and little treats that I think it's important to just spoil ourselves every now and again.

Good idea, the days are all just running into one another now.

You should have a drink too. :cool:

Good idea, the days are all just running into one another now.

You should have a drink too. :cool:

I'm getting too old to cope with the 2 day hangover, leggings but I might just break out one beer :D

For Halloween night I think I'll spray my cats black, put on my goth gear, my hair is sufficiently hag like at the moment and creep up and down the road cackling maniacly to freak out the local kids.

For Halloween night I think I'll spray my cats black, put on my goth gear, my hair is sufficiently hag like at the moment and creep up and down the road cackling maniacly to freak out the local kids.
    I like it.. Carve out a ghoulish looking pumpkin too and put a tea light in it and carry that with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

One Halloween when I was about 27 I dressed up as a kid. I had my hair in pigtails and drew little freckles on my cheeks. I had a scooby doo shirt and a badge saying 5 today. First bar we go to and the doorman grins 'Sorry, no kids allowed' very amusing, we all laughed and in I went.
    Bartender stops when I try to order a drink 'No kids after 7pm' hilarious...giggle giggle...now give me a beer please. Next bar we get to..'is it not past your bedtime?' Sigh....bartender to all the other bartenders 'lads, no serving her, shes underage!' Oooohh original, haven't heard that in 20 minutes! By the end of the night I hated bartenders and children 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

And so Covid comes to visit a little closer. Tonight I received a text from Ms Gs secondary school. She only started 6 weeks ago. Hard to believe the case was in her actual class. Just our luck. She's to stay at home, restrict her movements and wait for our so called HSE to decide if she or me and Mrs G are close contacts which they usual decide we're not.

Heywood Community College in Laois. No apology from me by naming it. Enough is enough.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    And so Covid comes to visit a little closer. Tonight I received a text from Ms Gs secondary school. She only started 6 weeks ago. Hard to believe the case was in her actual class. Just our luck. She's to stay at home, restrict her movements and wait for our so called HSE to decide if she or me and Mrs G are close contacts which they usual decide we're not.

Heywood Community College in Laois. No apology from me by naming it. Enough is enough.

Sorry to hear that, G. I hope you're all ok.

No point telling you not to worry, I'd be furious and terrified at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sister is covid positive..
    She is still able to drink though..
    Got to go for a test tomorrow, if I can get one...
    I'm dreading telling one lad, he will whinge like ****, eventhough he thought he had it in April...
    Other friends will be ok...

I hope all works out well, Gran.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fingers crossed for both you G and 4Ad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couch still sore but leccy blanket ready for ouchy back and muscles.

4Ad wrote: »
    I'm dreading telling one lad, he will whinge like ****, eventhough he thought he had it in April...

Fingers crossed for your sister and you. Hope test and result will be sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

S*** just got real , that's terrifying G .
    Hopefully you all will be ok .
    If there's anything I can do or if ye need anything dropped out to ye , don't hesitate to let me know , I mean it .

(Don't worry , I could drop them off at the side of a road for you !)

It's all getting very real now, hard to see how life is going to get back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

4Ad wrote: »

Hope your sister , and you , will be ok 4ad .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sorry to hear that, G. I hope you're all ok.

No point telling you not to worry, I'd be furious and terrified at the same time.
    I hope all works out well, Gran.

Cheers lads. Apparently the poor kid with it left the class last Friday ill. So hoping by next week, us here will be feeling less stressed if there are no symptoms. I won't be sending Ms G back for a while anyway. I'm no mad covid merchant, but this is a bit closer than I wanted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement