Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's a lovely night out there , extremely still and calm .
    Having a coffee thinking that I'm lucky to have sound , drama free people in my life , who don't say one thing if they actually mean another , genuine folk are a blessing :)

You're lucky Mam! Online creeps are easy to avoid and dismiss, but my very small real life circle have the ability to feckin wreck your head.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You're lucky Mam! Online creeps are easy to avoid and dismiss, but my very small real life circle have the ability to feckin wreck your head.:D

Ha , I've a very low B'S tolerance G , both in real life and online :p
    Give me straight forward people who don't believe in creating drama just for the sake of it anyday!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lucky enough all drama has been weeded out of my personal relationships, enough crap going on elsewhere without those closest flaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Lucky enough all drama has been weeded out of my personal relationships, enough crap going on elsewhere without those closest flaking out.

If you are on Instagram, follow 'word porm'. They have great motivational quotes every day but there seems to be a theme about getting rid of drama baggage from our lives!
    I used to be a big people pleaser both in my personal life and work life in the past.
    Thankfully with age comes the wisdom that I have boundaries for how people treat me.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm looking forward to the day when I no longer have to tolerate the toxic. Swift, clean, surgical cut and I'll be free of life long dead weight. I'll throw a party for ye all on that day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Happy birthday Witchie!

I didn't drink earlier but I'm regretting that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Finally sitting! That was a long fookin day.

Happy birthday Witchie. Hope you got a shiney new broomstick! :D

Happy birthday Witchie!

I didn't drink earlier but I'm regretting that now.

Join me and Mrs G tomorrow night for drinkies and fun live from Castle G!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Don't take no **** Witchie.

Barbequed some marshmallows over the cooker last night. They were lovely but the consequences have had me wrecked all day

Ha , I've a very low B'S tolerance G , both in real life and online :p
    Give me straight forward people who don't believe in creating drama just for the sake of it anyday!

I'm a hundred quid up from a dickhead tonight.:D He was always a dickhead from the start. Never straight forward in any shape or form. Treats this weekend are on him! Love it.:D

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote:

Can I come to the party? :D

Sure you might as well cook me dinner too. :p

Watching first dates. Jesus H Christ. This is why I usually avoid reality tv. It's pure cringe. Of course I'm hooked now so I can't turn it off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Just got the description for that forum game o_0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

kowloon wrote: »
    You can do it kowloon! :D

I painted earlier, can't wait to see what it all morphed into. :pac:

kowloon wrote: »

:D:D

Watching first dates. Jesus H Christ. This is why I usually avoid reality tv. It's pure cringe. Of course I'm hooked now so I can't turn it off. :D

Is it a new season?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My favourite ever was a woman with dyspraxia who's date wanted to go all out and insisted she get lobster despite her trying to delicately explain that might not be such a good idea for her. He simply couldn't grasp what she meant when she said it would be too difficult for her to manage. You could see the penny drop for him when chunks of her dinner would ricochet around the restaurant every time she clipped off a piece if lobster. His face was a picture. God bless her, she soildered on red faced.

Time to sail away sail away sail away.

Tomorrow's Friday. The dream day. Goodnight :)

Is it a new season?

Oh I dunno.. probably not!

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    My favourite ever was a woman with dyspraxia who's date wanted to go all out and insisted she get lobster despite her trying to delicately explain that might not be such a good idea for her. He simply couldn't grasp what she meant when she said it would be too difficult for her to manage. You could see the penny drop for him when chunks of her dinner would ricochet around the restaurant every time she clipped off a piece if lobster. His face was a picture. God bless her, she soildered on red faced.

Why did she go along with that though!? I have to watch it through my fingers half the time I get so embarrassed for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whiling the dark hours away until it gets light enough to go for a wander - or fall asleep..

Jacob-cat is on the roof above the door, crying to come in. But Tonto is by the door and Jacob is scared of him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Boring story but I need to share it.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm out of work and dopes are still in work. (In my field of work.) A former colleague contacted me last week to tell me that he was editing a job and the audio had interference on it, wasn't usable and could I help. My first thoughts were fcuk off, not my worry until he told me I shot the footage last year. So I was curious. Upload it says I and I'll have a look. So I have a look. True enough, there was a crackling noise that was overwhelming the live audio and obviously made it unusable. Into the tech desk I go today and within 10 mins the audio was cleaned up by what I understood to be well known fixes. Obviously not.:rolleyes:

I sent him a 30 second clip of the footage with the audio fixed. Great says he, how do I do it. A hundred quid says I and I'll tell you. Literally a few mins ago he asks me how do I want to be paid.:eek: WTF!:D Anyway payment is being arranged and then I'll tell him. It's a race to the bottom though and this Covid thing is gonna fuel it.:rolleyes:

Thanks for reading folks!

Well done! Sometimes being a bit skint can work wonders.
    It's important to value your skills and get paid for them. Too often incompetent lazy people get things done by relying on others and not giving credit for it.
    Have a good weekend on the proceeds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stretching and creaking in all the appropriate areas :o

Stretching and creaking in all the appropriate areas :o

I'm a bit like that myself today, I didn't sleep well last night.

Still though, I'm Fridayside! :D

Burning rubber home. Absolutely class weather. Will finally get grass cut when I get home hoorah! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, counting the hours. Whoever said negative energy (as in physical energy, not vibes) was a physical impossibility should just come over to my place. I have an overabundance of it...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I could be out cutting the grass, but at this point I don't give a flying feck about it , coffee and a blueberry muffin here instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Finishing off a day's work. Have a table booked for tonight, bit of a splash out. Not sure if restaurants will be open locally after tonight so feck it.

• Advertisement

I could be out cutting the grass, but at this point I don't give a flying feck about it , coffee and a blueberry muffin here instead.

I agree with everything you say mam up to the point where you say blueberry muffin. Vom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement