Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Organising all of the appointments today. Covid swab for CF clinic on Sunday, CF clinic Tuesday, CT scan, bloods, bla bla and then pyschiatrist to make sure I don't lose my mind (or what's left of it) :pac: Been in a bit of a hole but starting to crawl back out now :)

On the spider topic, there's one trapped under a cup on my stairs because it's gigantic and I don't want to kill it but can't be dealing with it right now :P

That had better be gone by Saturday!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Off for a wee spin with a mate today :)

Doing my own spinning here too.

Similar to this,

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

That had better be gone by Saturday!

Oh you can get rid of it for me on Saturday then, cheers :D

Oh you can get rid of it for me on Saturday then, cheers :D

Hmm. What part of "better be gone by Saturday" equates to "I'll get rid of it for you".

:p

Hmm. What part of "better be gone by Saturday" equates to "I'll get rid of it for you".

:p

Well if you get rid of it for me it will be gone by Saturday won't it? :pac:

• Advertisement

Well if you get rid of it for me it will be gone by Saturday won't it? :pac:

You need to lie down. I won't see you before Saturday. :D

I'm in "work". Worry for the day is hairdressers being shut under Level 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm wistfully looking out at the sun and considering skiving off and drinking in the sun for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Phoenix you do know that what you're doing to that spider is the equivalent of Joseph Fritzel in spider land :(

I'm off today and sitting outside a coffee shop enjoying coffee and cake.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

On the spider topic, there's one trapped under a cup on my stairs because it's gigantic and I don't want to kill it but can't be dealing with it right now :P

Big Spiders can knock cups over.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Grandeeod wrote: »

You beat me to it! lol..

• Advertisement

Phoenix you do know that what you're doing to that spider is the equivalent of Joseph Fritzel in spider land :(

I'm off today and sitting outside a coffee shop enjoying coffee and cake.

Better than sending the spider to spider heaven! Maybe I'll use fritzl as my next username :P

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Graces7 wrote: »
    You beat me to it! lol..

Ah lads, don't be saying that to me! I better go check what's happening with the cup :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside bit worried about something...
    I'm wistfully looking out at the sun and considering skiving off and drinking in the sun for the rest of the day.

tenor.gif?itemid=5213440

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just finished spending my money on boots, sparkly ballerina slippers and a new coat. I'm particularly excited about the biker boots. They've got laces, straps, buckles and studs. It will probably take me half the day to get them on but they are my ideal of footwear perfection.

Recent excitement involved a shattered plate and bowl which were holding the lamb chops while defrosting. I really thought they'd be safe from the moggies under the bowl but, no. Crashing and shattering and the floor strewn with shards of crockery and an orange blurr whooshing out the window. When I went out to throw the broken bits in the bin Gilbert of the Guilty Face started crying and looking for a rub of reassurance (I may have shouted when I saw the carnage :o) . The other two madams are suspiciously absent so think the poor fella has taken the rap for the lot of 'em. The chops survived so grumpy won't be on fried eggs for tea.

I'm off to make me some pasta.

Ah lads, don't be saying that to me! I better go check what's happening with the cup :D[/QUOTE]

lol.. I was going to suggest my old trick ( I AM TERRIFIED OF THEM but being on my own..) of sliding a thin card carefully under the cup.... Needs a steady hand though when you pick the whole thing up... lol..

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah lads, don't be saying that to me! I better go check what's happening with the cup :D

lol.. I was going to suggest my old trick ( I AM TERRIFIED OF THEM but being on my own..) of sliding a thin card carefully under the cup.... Needs a steady hand though when you pick the whole thing up... lol..[/QUOTE]

Now you have reminded me of the terrible spiders there were in one ancient neglected rental.. I was chatting on the phone one day to family in Canada when this MONSTER lowered itself on to me from the ceiling and it was FULL of babies.. They heard the scream in Canada... It had landed on my long skirt so I wrapped it in, raced down the stairs and shook it out outside.. Then called family back to assure them I was not being murdered!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So I broke up with himself about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday he arrives to deliver a very sweet, emotional, handwritten letter that had me thinking.

Today is my birthday. He brings sliced of a cake I can eat and ice cream I can eat. Almost there.

Then he tells me he will only extend my stay in my condo with the landlord of we get back together.

F**k you and your blackmail. Tomorrow I will find somewhere else to live for the 2 months before I go to Ireland.

Seriously who does that sh*t?

Happy f**kin birthday to me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Beach day

526623.jpeg

526624.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, feck him Witchie! Good for you for not giving in to blackmail. Hope you get sorted for a place to stay quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Well, feck him Witchie! Good for you for not giving in to blackmail. Hope you get sorted for a place to stay quickly.

Second that.
    Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Witchie poo :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I spent the whole day wanto get home and have a beer in the sun in the garden.
    I am now home having a beer in the cold mist in the garden. Brrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mind yourself Witchie, during this unexpected transition.

...and Happy Birthday - hope you can find some simple joy in your special day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Birthday Witchie :)

I see Mutt is looking well, hope he is getting spoiled :)

I’m gardenside enjoying the last of the sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Boring story but I need to share it.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm out of work and dopes are still in work. (In my field of work.) A former colleague contacted me last week to tell me that he was editing a job and the audio had interference on it, wasn't usable and could I help. My first thoughts were fcuk off, not my worry until he told me I shot the footage last year. So I was curious. Upload it says I and I'll have a look. So I have a look. True enough, there was a crackling noise that was overwhelming the live audio and obviously made it unusable. Into the tech desk I go today and within 10 mins the audio was cleaned up by what I understood to be well known fixes. Obviously not.:rolleyes:

I sent him a 30 second clip of the footage with the audio fixed. Great says he, how do I do it. A hundred quid says I and I'll tell you. Literally a few mins ago he asks me how do I want to be paid.:eek: WTF!:D Anyway payment is being arranged and then I'll tell him. It's a race to the bottom though and this Covid thing is gonna fuel it.:rolleyes:

Thanks for reading folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Happy birthday Witchie!

Lucky Mutt, having a beach day.

I am full as a tick on the couch, watching my evening fix of Masterchef Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Birthday wishes to you Wichie.
    You're one strong chick.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭3d4life

Did someone mention Casablanca a few days ago ?

Its on BBC 4 at present :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Witchie, happy birthday darling and fcuk him. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Witchie. Feck him.

And happy birthday x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's a lovely night out there , extremely still and calm .
    Having a coffee thinking that I'm lucky to have sound , drama free people in my life , who don't say one thing if they actually mean another , genuine folk are a blessing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement