Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

And here we go again , more wind and rain , second time tying up the poor dahlias , this morning they looked like someone sat in the middle of them and flattened them , poor things .
    Fish in the oven for tea this evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dinner packed, hi ho etc.

Heading home side. A grand wild evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Power now not due back till 5pm tomorrow. Yikkes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Parents just got theirs back but the powercheck page is a frightening sight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside with power but no water. Just had to go and fill two pots of water from a tanker down the street :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Flat out on the couch. Won't be moving from here for a while. Except hat the TV remote is over there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hope everyone doing well.

Fed up of this lockdown now.

Waiting on the news that Laois and Offaly will be out but Kildare remains.

Need to get motivated but tonight theres wine!

Flat out on the couch. Won't be moving from here for a while. Except hat the TV remote is over there...

Maybe pop the fitbit/tracker on the dog or a small child for a bit so? :D

Couchside. Just got drowned out walking, might be the night for a hot bath.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Did you survive the early morning drive after the storm Duvet? Glad to hear you survived as well Sardi our Kerry lady!

Well I washed myself since I had no volunteers. The help these days :p

Phoenix,I had my alarm set for 5.45,turned it off and woke in a panic at 6.03am,honestly thought it was later (bear in mind someone had to wake me up yesterday morning because my alarm was going off but I was conked out,this is the downfall of having eggcup portions of wine at night instead of vases lol). Fast shower,dressed, makeup, coffee and a sneaky smoke and out the door at 6.35am, unreal destruction around with trees and debris down but lovely morning and quiet roads so not too bad, Thin Lizzy was the cd of choice this morning, Don Henley was given a duvet day lol.

Anyway no work tomorrow but hospital at 9am, vase instead of eggcup beside the couch tonight only because I don't want to sleep out in the morning. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Maybe pop the fitbit/tracker on the dog or a small child for a bit so? :D

Couchside. Just got drowned out walking, might be the night for a hot bath.

I hit 15,000 steps!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Wind - check
    Heavy rain - check
    Feeling meh - check

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Phoenix,I had my alarm set for 5.45,turned it off and woke in a panic at 6.03am,honestly thought it was later (bear in mind someone had to wake me up yesterday morning because my alarm was going off but I was conked out,this is the downfall of having eggcup portions of wine at night instead of vases lol). Fast shower,dressed, makeup, coffee and a sneaky smoke and out the door at 6.35am, unreal destruction around with trees and debris down but lovely morning and quiet roads so not too bad, Thin Lizzy was the cd of choice this morning, Don Henley was given a duvet day lol.

Anyway no work tomorrow but hospital at 9am, vase instead of eggcup beside the couch tonight only because I don't want to sleep out in the morning. ��
    How the hell do you manage shower, makeup coffee and outdoor smoke in 30 mins?! These things take me an age.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How the hell do you manage shower, makeup coffee and outdoor smoke in 30 mins?! These things take me an age.

They take me all day if I don't have a time constraint, I've said it before but if I ever win the lotto I'll have to continue working or else I'd never leave the house again. 😂

They take me all day if I don't have a time constraint, I've said it before but if I ever win the lotto I'll have to continue working or else I'd never leave the house again. ��

There is no way i could put make up on in a rush. I'd look like a circus clown and stab myself in the eye with the mascara wand.

They take me all day if I don't have a time constraint, I've said it before but if I ever win the lotto I'll have to continue working or else I'd never leave the house again. 😂
    I'm the same! I can be up, coffee, shower, light makeup, dressed, jewellery and out the door looking reasonably presentable in 30-40 mins when in work. Working from home and weekends I'm like a slob until 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They take me all day if I don't have a time constraint, I've said it before but if I ever win the lotto I'll have to continue working or else I'd never leave the house again. ��
    There is no way i could put make up on in a rush. I'd look like a circus clown and stab myself in the eye with the mascara wand.
    I'm the same! I can be up, coffee, shower, light makeup, dressed, jewellery and out the door looking reasonably presentable in 30-40 mins when in work. Working from home and weekends I'm like a slob until 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

Ladies I have the solution for all yer make up needs

tenor.gif?itemid=16849944

:pac:

I'd need to be out of bed 2 hours before i left the house. Needless to say, I rarely bother with make up, its just too much hassle. Even without it takes ages for me to get ready for the outside world.I envy ye.

I've never really ever worn make up so i can get from bed to out the door very quickly when needed

I'd need to be out of bed 2 hours before i left the house. Needless to say, I rarely bother with make up, its just too much hassle. Even without it takes ages for me to get ready for the outside world.I envy ye.

I still feel tired and stressed, but look somewhat human and alive. :pac:

• Advertisement

Me too!! But I cheat by doing my makeup in the car :p

When I'm on a Skype call I keep my pj bottoms on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I'm the same! I usually only wear very minimal make up and it still takes me an age to get ready. You'd think at least I'd look like a kardashian after all of the time it takes but nope :p I'd only be done with the shower after 30 minutes :D

When I'm on a Skype call I keep my pj bottoms on :D

Sometimes you can have problems with your Internet or camera. :cool:

*whistles innocently*

I'd look like I came through the windscreen. Its so unfair.

Sometimes you can have problems with your Internet or camera. :cool:

*whistles innocently*

I know this a joke but I don't get it :D

I'll be honest, if the wan in front of me doesn't move as soon as the lights go green due to applying makeup and puckering into her mirror she almost does go through the windscreen lol.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I'm the same! I usually only wear very minimal make up and it still takes me an age to get ready. You'd think at least I'd look like a kardashian after all of the time it takes but nope :p I'd only be done with the shower after 30 minutes :D
    The older you get, the longer it takes to appply 'make up that looks like you're not wearing any make up'. I put a timer on when I'm in the shower, otherwise I lose track of time. 5 mins for shower, 10 mins for shower and hair.

I pump a bit of foundation on to my hand and rub it in. Then I dot some concealer under my eyes. Run a pencil through the eyebrows. Bit of cream shadow on to the lids and a swipe of a highlighter stick on the cheeks. All can be done with one hand :D

The mascara has to wait until I'm stuck in traffic because I need to take the glasses off for that :p

I know this a joke but I don't get it :D

Turn off your modem or camera, send an apologetic text, make another coffee and relax with your greasy hair pulled up on top of your head and half your face still scrunched up from sleep. It's OK, no one can see you! :D

• Advertisement

Turn off your modem or camera, send an apologetic text, make another coffee and relax with your greasy hair pulled up on top of your head and half your face still scrunched up from sleep. It's OK, no one can see you! :D

Oh! Yes :D Or if I'm running late its because of 'technical problems' :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement