Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hungover as feck.... got 2 bottles of bloody overpriced Scottish Whisky last night, and enjoyed one of them with a colleague. Luckily, I have nothing to do today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

cj maxx wrote: »
    In the garage with a coffee ( in a mug ) trying to remember all the stuff I need to do today.
    I’m in a strange mood, thinking about old girlfriends and the ones should have been girlfriends ( IMO ).
    Ah well :(

Seems to be going around with Covid.

Major migraine put a dampener on last night's visit from OH. Still twinging a bit today but not so bad. I don't know if there was thunder here after I fell asleep but wondering if the migraine could be weather related. Back during the last thundery spell I was out of action for days. In other news, I'm in my black gear today because I felt like it. Father informs me I look like a nun that's just hopped the wall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Yesterday. All my troubles seemed so far away. Now they seem to be here to stay.....

*sobs uncontrollably*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

66328149.jpg

I can't do any unnecessary movement last few days as it's too hot. Have a slab of pre-covid cans that have replaced tea for the time being. I can feel how much not getting any exercise does to my mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Seems to be going around with Covid.

Nah unfortunately. Not covid , :(

In "work". Nothing happening so I get to read my book for a few hours. And annoy you lot :D

Off to the real capital tomorrow for another specs consult. I'm getting ones made all special for me. The optician has convinced me to move away from my beloved fully rimless. He has a 3D image of my face so has been sending me ideas. Holy God. Anyways will see tomorrow what he has for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled out here at home, taking it really easy today and tomorrow.

My GP got back to me yesterday evening about the mild flu-like symptoms I had on Tuesday and feeling very run down and she thinks it was simple over-exertion and poor sleep as I was feeling better yesterday and I feel a bit better again today.

My OH is going out shortly to procure a thermometer - which she advised - at the chemist to check my temp but it does seem well down compared to Tues evening when I was feeling rotten. That, and the lack of the other classic symptoms makes her think that I am not a candidate for testing at this stage, but she wants me to have my temp checked twice a day and to notify her if it goes high again over the coming few days.

I will also phone work tomorrow - but that will only be a formality to keep them notified as I was working from home anyway.

Thanks again for all the well wishes! :):o

Suddenly. I'm not half the man I used to be......

Okay I'll stop now :D

Onshuh wrote: »

There's a shadow hanging over me............

Does someone need a hug??

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We’re all going on our summer holidays, no more working for a week or 2 :D

:D

Does someone need a hug??

No I'm just taking the piss. I'm actually happy out :)

Ah don't, I love The Beatles. We should have a Fab Four sing song

There are places I remember, all my liiiiife
    Though some have changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Stop the world and let me off,
    I'm tired of going round and round.

Home from work and definitely having wine later, every single thing today drove me over the f**king edge...a silent office but one person very loudly crunching an apple ( it must have been as big as a turnip because it went on for ages), another person sucking on a water bottle straw when the bottle was obviously empty and a someone sulking looking for attention, sweet mother of God I thought I'd actually lose it and its still annoying me now...wtf is wrong with people.

As big as a turnip :pac: :pac: that gave me a genuine lol

Sardonicat wrote:
    Ah don't, I love The Beatles. We should have a Fab Four sing song

I bags George!

I bags George!

I think George was bagged for the last time in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Home from work and definitely having wine later, every single thing today drove me over the f**king edge...a silent office but one person very loudly crunching an apple ( it must have been as big as a turnip because it went on for ages), another person sucking on a water bottle straw when the bottle was obviously empty and a someone sulking looking for attention, sweet mother of God I thought I'd actually lose it and its still annoying me now...wtf is wrong with people.

Dearest Duvet, you'd kick me to touch so.
    My darling child has told me I eat apples at an annoying volume too :(

To thine own self be true

kowloon wrote: »
    I think George was bagged for the last time in 2001.
    : )
    As a Python collaborator, he would approve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Woke up to the fantastic news that the two girls who drifted out to sea last night have been found and are ok!.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    : )
    As a Python collaborator, he would approve.

A founder of Handmade Films, so he has links to gems like Withnail and I and Time Bandits as well. I don't care so much about the music but without him some of my favourite films would not have been funded.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home , just about to take shoes off and have a cuppa before I do anything else .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Glitchside :rolleyes:

I'm hot, tired and bored, a winning combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside watching prime time, i may need to invest in air con for the house. sweating buckets today:)
    hope every is all right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'm hot.

And modest!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside, close to volatile with annoyance, almost positive it's justified too. ARGH :mad:

I've got myself worked up by engaging in a thread full of know-it-alls who actually know nothing about what they are advising about. Need to calm down now and think happy thoughts. Just had a cuddle from Gilbert which helped bring down the blood pressure but now my Goth frock has ginger hairs all over it. He's worth it though.

I think I'll have a hot choccy when I've got Dad settled. I know it's very hot but I find it so soothing. I need it for my mental health - yes I'm going with that reason.

@Grem sending you a virtual Gilbert to cuddle to ease your tension.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm hot,

Pic or gtfo !

Deskside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Stacey Dooley Investigates Russias War On Women , on Watch channel .
    Jesus, anyone who's blood pressure is already risen , it might be best to avoid this .

ETA,
    The thanks button is still temperamental.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement