Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

smurfjed wrote: »
    I really have to agree with LEJ, get the train down to Glasgow and flights are €40 one way home. You went there, you tried, now take a realistic look at the situation you are in and make a decision that works for YOU.

Agree with you and Leggy here Smurfjed.

Phoenix, it's time you put yourself first in every way possible, don't settle for half measures , you're worth more than that .

Have to agree with the others here Phoenix.
    Get out, get home or wherever you feel at home.
    Forget this guy, he is not the one for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Kitchen side, having coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

bubblypop wrote: »
    Forget this guy, he is not the one for you.

He's not the one for anyone, by the sounds of it. Lying, cheating scumbag is what he is. Don't waste a moment more on his lies, Phoenix. I know you have invested so much if yourself into this and it hurts and it's hard to do, but you know and have always known deep down that he is not being genuine. You are worth so much more than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I told him he needs to choose between me and her. He says he wants me and that he loves me. So I told him I want him to make that clear to her if it's the case, I want him to text her and say that and I want to see what he says and what she says. He said ok but then still hasn't sent anything so I told him he needs to do it now. If he doesn't pick now and properly pick I am totally done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Break time at the coalface :)

I agree with the others Phoenix, get that sexy ass of yours back to Ireland or wherever and there’s a big Squishy hug waiting for you ((hugs))

I hear Seph is great at the auld hugs ;)

Phoenix, I don't like butting in on other people's relationship issues and you've got to do what is right for you, but from the outside perspective of an older woman who has worn just about every t-shirt that you can collect from assholes, I think you are just giving him more opportunities to lie. You already know the truth. Do you really want to stay with someone who is clearly happy cheating on two women at once? He's not a kid and this isn't his first rodeo - I can guarantee you he's got firm for this. And he'll do it again. This is not a person capable of being in an exclusive, loving relationship.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys! :D

I slept pretty well last night, finally getting off to sleep at around 2am and woke up at 10am this morning feeling a good bit better. The Lemsip and honey seemed to help a lot. :)

Notified work - as I'm working from home anyway at the moment that was grand - and they are completely understanding. They've suggested I take today and tomorrow off and update them on Friday morning.

I've also phoned my doctor and now waiting for her to get back to me regarding if I need to get a test.

Still not 100% - still a bit rundown - but a lot better than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@JK, did you check your temperature this morning? Also if you have a Samsung phone (S10 in my case) it will monitor your oxygen levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Afternoon all,
    Couchside with a Coffee.
    Jupiter, Hope everything works out and Its not the dreaded Covid.
    Phoenix, dump your man, you're better off without him
    Laters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

LOVE IS.... sitting in a hotel room with a Greek Yoghurt face mask because the missus assessed my skin to be dry during a FaceTime call.

LOVE IS.... sitting in a hotel room with a Greek Yoghurt face mask because the missus assessed my skin to be dry during a FaceTime call.

Is this a fancy way of saying you've emptied a tub of yoghurt onto your face? Will you spoon it off and eat it after?

Apologies, I don't know what's got into me lately. I'm blaming the heat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I hope you are optimising the situation by dipping strawberries in the yoghurt for tasty snacks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Are you sure she’s not having a giggle at your expense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is this a fancy way of saying you've emptied a tub of yoghurt onto your face? Will you spoon it off and eat it after?

Apologies, I don't know what's got into me lately. I'm blaming the heat.

You are just asking what the rest of us were hoping somebody else would.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where is everyone?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

Where is everyone?.

Grass just cut..sitting in the melting sun in East Clare...tis lovely !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Chilling with a hot cup of tea (Lyons) contemplating biccies - feeling a lot brighter ;)

Sweating at the thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Heat was unreal today in work :mad: Beautiful weather, but so hot and sticky inside! Argh! :o
    Home 20 minutes and I’ve showered, changed and now I have a huge glass of wine in front of me with about 5 ice-cubes in it! :p
    Ain’t got time for chilling sh1t this evening! :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gardenside with a good book and the birds for company :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

twirlagig wrote: »
    Heat was unreal today in work :mad: Beautiful weather, but so hot and sticky inside! Argh! :o
    Home 20 minutes and I’ve showered, changed and now I have a huge glass of wine in front of me with about 5 ice-cubes in it! :p
    Ain’t got time for chilling sh1t this evening! :D:pac:

I understand that.I worked today near the ovens.And I surely lost weight from all the sweating I had done.But I do love the recent weather here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside sweltering
    Pretzill wrote: »
    cup of tea (Lyons)

tenor.gif

:pac:

I understand that.I worked today near the ovens.And I surely lost weight from all the sweating I had done.But I do love the recent weather here.

Near the ovens? Jesus, you must be roasted! Big glass of wine deserved for you too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

twirlagig wrote: »
    Near the ovens? Jesus, you must be roasted! Big glass of wine deserved for you too! :D
    I was,we were so busy I didn't have much of a chance to drink something cold.Those 8 hours seemed alot longer today.But now I have a cold beer and my fan.And no work tomorrow!

I was,we were so busy I didn't have much of a chance to drink something cold.Those 8 hours seemed alot longer today.But now I have a cold beer and my fan.And no work tomorrow!

You can have them in comfort so! Enjoy the day off - hope the weather is as good tomorrow as today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Sweating at the thought!

It's very sweaty weather alright.....

Where is everyone?.

The pub! :D

Is that right? Heh.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The doc put his finger up my bum today. No other news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement