Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

3d4life wrote: »
    Dear Sir / Madam

Attached please find quick reference page to be used when making plans to dodge the black dog

Yours,

The Mad Hatter

https://www.avoca.com/en/stores-and-cafes

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Kitty I'm glad to hear your Mam is doing ok :)

Cat Lady, hope the migraine feck off lively..

Kowloon, hope your puddy shows up soon..

To the rest of ye, morning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Galavanting around the county :D Didn’t cross any borders today today :D Hope your mam is better Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Couchside, drifting in & out of Snoozeville.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’ll send them up, he’ll be only delighted that I got more work for him :p they’re nearly there with it now, hoping to be done by Tuesday or Wednesday so fingers crossed!
    Mam is good, managing away here, finding it hard to not being able to do anything for herself I’d say though

I’m delighted to hear that your Mam is doing OK, I’m sure that you will give her all the support that that she needs.

I guess that my mistake Was that I didn’t hire a “builder”, I hired a “contractor”. After two weeks of relative silence where I had told him multiple times that the house would be locked last Friday and requested that he was finished, well today we had a long WhatsApp chat when he asked for access tomorrow to finish things.

When I asked why the tiles were still on the wall, he was waiting for my wife to come and pick new tiles, totally forgetting that i have a message from him saying that he was going to pick up the tiles in June.

When I asked why the kitchen cupboards didn’t touch the ceiling as requested by my missus, well he didn’t like the idea so didn’t do it.

This went around in circles for over an hour, but in the end, my house is locked with new locks and only my sister has access and she isn’t letting the guy near the place. I really loathe the fact that a new €6500 pure Oak staircase was left with paint on it, as were the skylight windows. As they say, we live and learn, but this is one experience that i dont want to ever have to repeat.

Next time I shall get a BUILDER :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the car with my OH, on a leisurely drive around the Wicklow Mountains. :)

Did a bit of shopping in Avoca Kilmacanogue earlier and got some nice food to go.

Happy Sunday all!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Aww no Kowloon. How long is he missing? I hope he shows up. :(

She was sick early this morning and asked to go out. She doesn't go past the garden really. If I leave to walk anywhere or go to the neighbours she gets upset and sits on the wall meowing until I'm out of sight. Sometimes she's still there waiting when I get back. Very much a home cat.

522565.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Autosport wrote: »
    Hope your mam is better Kitty
    smurfjed wrote: »
    I’m delighted to hear that your Mam is doing OK, I’m sure that you will give her all the support that that she needs.

Thanks guys, tough enough on me having all the responsibilities fall to me but I suppose that’s what being an adult is.
    I guess that my mistake Was that I didn’t hire a “builder”, I hired a “contractor”. After two weeks of relative silence where I had told him multiple times that the house would be locked last Friday and requested that he was finished, well today we had a long WhatsApp chat when he asked for access tomorrow to finish things.

When I asked why the tiles were still on the wall, he was waiting for my wife to come and pick new tiles, totally forgetting that i have a message from him saying that he was going to pick up the tiles in June.

When I asked why the kitchen cupboards didn’t touch the ceiling as requested by my missus, well he didn’t like the idea so didn’t do it.

This went around in circles for over an hour, but in the end, my house is locked with new locks and only my sister has access and she isn’t letting the guy near the place. I really loathe the fact that a new €6500 pure Oak staircase was left with paint on it, as were the skylight windows. As they say, we live and learn, but this is one experience that i dont want to ever have to repeat.

Next time I shall get a BUILDER :)

Our own builder said that the other day, he said if we had gone with a contractor it probably would’ve cost twice the price it has, but since he’s an actual builder he did a lot of the work himself and got in plasterers, electricians and plumbers for the bits he couldn’t do. We were actually incredibly lucky with the builder we got, makes sure everything is done right and doesn’t cut corners, plus he’s a nice guy which helps when he’s in your house 6 or 7 hours a day! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Cat Lady, hope the migraine feck off lively..

Kowloon, hope your puddy shows up soon..

To the rest of ye, morning :p

thanks grem :) tis fecking off now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

thanks grem :) tis fecking off now

Woo hoo! I magic fecked it off :pac:

Deskside, boooo-urns

• Advertisement

I hope PuddyTat makes her way home, Kowloon. My cat went AWOL for 16 hours and we were out searching frantically, only to find him asleep on the doorstep when we got back.

Fingers crossed for the same for you.

Also migraines are the worst :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,829 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home , such a gorgeous evening , weather like today is good for the soul :)
    Am shattered , lazy evening ahead I think .

Oh noes :( Site is acting up again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭thomil

Anyone order a 503? I've got plenty to share...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Slow to load pages, 503s all over the place and the thanks button is only working intermittently.

Time to either fix, or shut down, the Touch site.

I

I guess that my mistake Was that I didn’t hire a “builder”, I hired a “contractor”.

I don't know smurfjed, my experience is that 90% of them (whatever they're called) will break your heart... I'm still exhausted thinking back on some of the theatrics I had to pull on one of mine, and I was staying nearby and on his case EVERY DAY. The trauma fades with time :pac:

In from a chilled pub dinner with friends. I saved last unwatched episode Yellostone to see me through the Glenroes. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, I dusted off my set of decks and was playing some vinyl, speakers aren't working properly though.
    thomil wrote: »
    Anyone order a 503? I've got plenty to share...

I'll trade you for my database error.....

Deskside, I dusted off my set of decks and was playing some vinyl, speakers aren't working properly though.

I'll trade you for my database error.....

I'm getting them now and tried to edit my post a couple of times to add it in. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside about to watch the news, wonder what it will be about:)
    503 errors and database errors are doing my head in:(

Slow to load pages, 503s all over the place and the thanks button is only working intermittently.

Time to either fix, or shut down, the Touch site.

Desktop site equally bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭votecounts

Oh noes :( Site is acting up again
    you're sacked:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cali_girl wrote: »
    to see me through the Glenroes. :)

Did you know that dinny (Joe Lynch) from glenroe was from Cork ?

:pac: :pac:

Any news on the cat Kowloon?

It's a fecking clusterfcuk.

Time to have a whip around to raise funds to fix the site.

True , think everyone would donate .
    Tried to thank your post but haven't succeeded yet .

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Thanks button only works now and again for some reason.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Thanks button only works now and again for some reason.

OH FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I tried to thank a few posts but failed.

You'll just have to accept my warm regards instead. :P

• Advertisement

Start a go fund me leggings and give me the account details......I'll mind them :cool:

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement