Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭obi604

What, like signing up to SuperValu rewards card and just never shopping in SuperValu?

no, shop away in Lidl and buy things. and scan your lidl plus card etc - will this offer any savings?

im just on about not going in and manually sifting through all the offers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

obi604 wrote: »
    Thanks, so I missed out on the money off thing :mad::(

IMHO, its a pain the way you have to go in and manually pick the ones you want each time..............so if you buy something and forget to manually pick this in your app, you get no discount ?

Best thing to do is to just activate them all when you get them. Anything you don't buy will just stay activated until it expires or is used. Only caveat to that is they sometimes make additions or changes to some of the vouchers so you're better to just open the app before you shop and make sure everything is activated.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

i find it great for the digital receipts too as always shop in lidl, on the scratch cards I keep getting the odd 50c or €1 off, better than nothing as I shop there anyway.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    what is the point in activating the coupons if you are not going into lidl ?
    personally i activate them all as im walking from the car and get whichever items i want

I never said anything about not shopping in Lidl, im just on about not having to manually go in each time to activate coupons on the app.

So, shop away in Lidl and buy things. and scan your lidl plus card etc - will this offer any savings?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

As mentioned above , it will give you a scratch card every few days. I think all the questions have been answered now ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Claimed my 34c jellies with my shopping

Won a 28c pack of rich tea

Livin the high life!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

123654789 wrote: »
    Claimed my 34c jellies with my shopping
    Won a 28c pack of rich tea
    Livin the high life!
    Did you miss out on the e1 off scratchcard win?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    but you did

lobi604 - lets say you never go in and activate these coupons, is it worth anything to you at all then?

you get digital receipts and a scratch card

go in to the app I meant, not the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

zell12 wrote: »

I'm in Lidl multiple times a week but I never get any of the money off scratch card prizes, I wonder if you have to be doing a big family shop to get them?

zell12 wrote: »

I did :(
    I looked at the receipts (handy that) and my last scratch card wins were rich tea, jellies, seed mix, 50c off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thargor wrote: »
    I'm in Lidl multiple times a week but I never get any of the money off scratch card prizes, I wonder if you have to be doing a big family shop to get them?

I've got regardless of what I was buying and sometimes I'm only spending a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

123654789 wrote: »
    I did :(
    I looked at the receipts (handy that) and my last scratch card wins were rich tea, jellies, seed mix, 50c off

I'd boycott the place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Rich Tea biscuits on the scratch card for me too.

I did get the €1 last time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Thargor wrote: »

I'd say ring customer service that doesn't sound right, I get them every 3 days

Did my first lidl plus yesterday.
    Did scratch and win and got a pack of biscuits.

Have to activate this it seems

Then next time I shop and scan Lidl plus, When I buy them, I presume It just takes them off the bill is it.

Obi604, yes exactly this

mmmm, ok, seems a very manual process, having to individually pick each item you want a discount on, id thought if you have the app, it would just discount any stuff you buy thats applicable.

Well it allows you to control what coupons you wanna use and when. It takes 2 seconds and gives u control. Brilliant I think!

lets say you never go in and activate these coupons, is it worth anything to you at all then?

yeah big time. The coupons are only part of it... the digital receipt is class and I see other countries have really good offers from other companies too hopefully that comes to Ireland too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I would assume the reason for the manual activation process is to explicitly draw your attention to the products so that you then actively seek them out, increasing the chances of a purchase.

Otherwise, people may not bother looking at the app at all.

I could be wrong of course.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

This app is great. How many store's have to manually change prices on the display. Now Lidl can use the app without having to get a worker to print off new prices ect.

Anyway i made a noob mistake of shopping 71 Hours after the last time. Got no scratch card. But the savings on the product's is good.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    Well it allows you to control what coupons you wanna use and when. It takes 2 seconds and gives u control. Brilliant I think!

You could just activate them all as soon as you get them. If you don't use them they stay activated untill they expire. Pretty simple.

Limpy wrote: »
    You could just activate them all as soon as you get them. If you don't use them they stay activated untill they expire. Pretty simple.

Not true

If they change something on an offer it deactivates. This happens pretty often, like adding or removing a 2nd product. You've to activate again or no discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Next weeks offers are up in the leaflet section of the app.

Can’t link on my phone ..

Not much in it for me this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Next week!
    €1.50 off whole roast chicken in a bag.
    €1 off Pizza Rusticia/Contadina/Gustova.
    €1 off Heinz baked beans can.
    €1 off Danone Strawberry Actimel.
    €1.50 of Deluxe Manuka Honey.
    €1 off Orlando Premium Complete Dog Food 3kg.
    €1.50 off Tayto Cheese and Onion 12 pack.
    50% off white Italian style Baguettes.
    50% off Naturis Orange/Apple juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Free pack of rich tea today, I feel so valued!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So biased against cats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Next week!
    €1.50 off whole roast chicken in a bag.
    €1 off Pizza Rusticia/Contadina/Gustova.
    €1 off Heinz baked beans can.
    €1 off Danone Strawberry Actimel.
    €1.50 of Deluxe Manuka Honey.
    €1 off Orlando Premium Complete Dog Food 3kg.
    €1.50 off Tayto Cheese and Onion 12 pack.
    50% off white Italian style Baguettes.
    50% off Naturis Orange/Apple juice.
    7tUXCM1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    yeah big time. The coupons are only part of it... the digital receipt is class and I see other countries have really good offers from other companies too hopefully that comes to Ireland too

Didnt Lidl used to do cheap hotel breaks? Not sure if they still do but it would be good if they showed up in the app
    Limpy wrote: »
    Anyway i made a noob mistake of shopping 71 Hours after the last time. Got no scratch card. But the savings on the product's is good.

yeah I made that rookie mistake when it first came out. iirc I was 7 minutes short of the 72 hours and I missed out on a euro off, the fume!

Otherwise I was in yesterday and got the ice creams, free bubbly chocolate bar and OJ. But I completely forgot about the 99c offers they had on, meant to get the two soya sauces, worchestershire sauce and tube of Colgate but walked out without even thinking of them :mad: They'll likely be gone when Im back again next Thursday or Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Baggly wrote: »
    So biased against cats :D

#tabbylivesmatter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭uli84

No kinder bueno in my local, is the receipt showing instantly?

Advertisement