Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah got that last week, not bad with a cuppa

Picked that up today. The orange flavour is rather nice! Ate most of it 😋. Got €1 off for next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah got that last week, not bad with a cuppa
    One of the app's benefits from Lidl's viewpoint is introducing customers to their own brand products.
    You'll buy it in future, right?

Also that toilet tissue on offer from Thurs is normally €5.60! with €2 off offer
    that's expensive

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

zell12 wrote: »
    One of the app's benefits from Lidl's viewpoint is introducing customers to their own brand products.
    You'll buy it in future, right?

Nope, cause I don’t want to be buying junk, only chocolate I’d buy (rarely would be a twirl).
    Only thing I’ve rebought is the soda bread it’s really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Even if I only avail of one of the app offers a week or even none to be honest the app alone is so handy for the digital receipt. Gonna use it to help me do a weekly and monthly budget.
    Receipts always getting lost or were illegible. So handy to be able to see your grocery spends listed out like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Just went to use the app instore and it wouldn't work, apparently the app is down for everyone and in the other countries too. I rang lidl customer service cos one of my coupons disappeared from the app even though I got no money off and they were so helpful.

Feeling sorry for all the people on the tills and taking calls today!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    Just went to use the app instore and it wouldn't work, apparently the app is down for everyone and in the other countries too. I rang lidl customer service cos one of my coupons disappeared from the app even though I got no money off and they were so helpful.

Down in Longford they said the Internet was down in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Had an error on it yesterday. Closed and reopened and it worked for me within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

North County dublin and same issue. Said they were told it wasn't working at 8am and nothing's changed since then.
    I'd swung in after work, mad dash to get milk, my free bubbly, the chicken that they had none of yesterday and some baguettes for lunch. I left with only my milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

mary_a2020 wrote: »

yeah same for me as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Lidl Ireland Facebook says:

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with the Lidl Plus app. Unfortunately, coupons cannot be redeemed at this time. We are working hard to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Some German fella must of hit the big red "DO NOT PRESS" button. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Lidl Ireland Facebook says:

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with the Lidl Plus app. Unfortunately, coupons cannot be redeemed at this time. We are working hard to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused!

I saw that too, funny a few weeks ago they had something up on there saying cards and key fobs were so last century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I saw that too, funny a few weeks ago they had something up on there saying cards and key fobs were so last century.

Haha you always have to be careful or statements like that will come back and bite you on the behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Lidl stating on twitter that this should be fixed now:

https://twitter.com/lidl_ireland/status/1306269158825512961

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I was in my local around 5pm and it worked fine for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

I was in my local store at about 1:30pm today and I had no issue redeeming my coupon for a free Bubbly bar. Maybe I just got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm getting 300g of mushies instead of paying 89c this week.

They've changed the advertised
    Orange Juice Drink to the much better Orange Juice 1.5l for 96c
    and
    added frozen Sweet Potatoes 500g

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Good deals for me this week, picked up the loo roll (its the one we use), kerrygold, mushrooms, OJ (will see if kids like it), choc ice things and steak. Didn't bother with the wedges, oil or cookies (might get them the wend for a treat for the kids).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Yep, some good deals this week. Nice one Lidl!

I'll be picking up a few of them along with the rest of my weekly shop in Lidl this week so.

We both got a euro off from our scratch cards, no free chocolate bar this week or were we just lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭obi604

Just downloaded the lidl plus app and signed up.
    a lot of content on this thread to read through

high level what does it give you

for sign up, do you get money off a first purchase
    seems you have to manually go in to the app and manually 'activate' each items you want a discount on before you buy - is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

obi604 wrote: »

seems you have to manually go in to the app and manually 'activate' each items you want a discount on before you buy - is this right?

Yes

You don't get money off anymore, that was for lat month for the big launch.

You activate the ones you want, and at the checkout show the qr code to the scanner, it'll beep, every 72 hour shops you get a scratch card with random rewards.

You don't get money off anymore, that was for lat month for the big launch.

You activate the ones you want, and at the checkout show the qr code to the scanner, it'll beep, every 72 hour shops you get a scratch card with random rewards.

Thanks, so I missed out on the money off thing :mad::(

IMHO, its a pain the way you have to go in and manually pick the ones you want each time..............so if you buy something and forget to manually pick this in your app, you get no discount ?

Thanks, so I missed out on the money off thing :mad::(

IMHI, its a pain the way you have to go in and manually pick the ones you want each time..............so if you buy something and forget to manually pick this in your app, you get no discount ?

I missed it too, but it's worth it anyway imo.

Yeah, and do it in store is best because sometimes they add something to the QPon you already activated and that deactivates it.

I missed it too, but it's worth it anyway imo.

Yeah, and do it in store is best because sometimes they add something to the QPon you already activated and that deactivates it.

mmmm, ok, seems a very manual process, having to individually pick each item you want a discount on, id thought if you have the app, it would just discount any stuff you buy thats applicable.

lets say you never go in and activate these coupons, is it worth anything to you at all then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

lets say you never go in and activate these coupons, is it worth anything to you at all then?

What, like signing up to SuperValu rewards card and just never shopping in SuperValu?

Advertisement