Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Credit where its due to LIDL, I've only been using the App for the past few weeks and I've made a noticeable saving on my grocery bill each time. Plenty great offers on every day items like eggs, potatoes, washing detergent. With all of the talk of price pressures on families, I feel like LIDL are doing their bit to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Let's just be honest, they are only doing it to attract business (new and repeat customers) and also to get customer data on buying patterns etc.

It's really not "to help people out", and to be clear I wouldn't expect that of them - they are a business whose goal is to maximise profits (and they have this obligation to their shareholders) not to be a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭crayon80

Does anyone do parkruns?

https://www.lidl.ie/information/parkrun

Free product every week bu putting a code from the newsletter into the app

To receive the coupon code and redeem the exclusive weekly parkrun coupon on Lidl Plus, follow these instructions;

1. Register with parkrun and opt-in to receive their e-mails
    2. The coupon code for each week will be communicated every Wednesday via the parkrun newsletter
    3. Open the Lidl Plus menu by (i) tapping the “More” button (3 small dots) located in bottom right hand corner of app home screen; (ii) selecting “Redeem code” option from the list; and (iii) enter the promo code in the box and tap the “Verify” button
    4. User receives a coupon for a choice between two free healthy products available each week
    5. Activate the coupon in the treats section of the app before shopping and scan your Lidl Plus card at the till when collecting the item

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Haven't seen this before, but I just signed up so I'll see how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I returned a retractable dog lead that broke recently using the digital receipt. Only problem was finding it on a months worth of receipts, I knew I bought it in December but the problem in finding it was it didnt say dog lead on the receipt, instead it had a 'brand' name and the words dog lead were cut off. But I was able to identify it as I remembered the price. Other than that the staff member accepted the return without problem.

• Advertisement

Anyone know with the 'treats' is the discount only one per transaction or can you buy 2 or 3 and get the discount on each? Could do with stocking up on some stewing beef for the freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Only one per voucher. My partner and I both have the app on our phones so we can stock up if it is an item we would use.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Interesting, did the till operator wait for you to locate the actual receipt in the app or did you search for it before going to the store to return the item?

I had returned something before using the receipt in the app and they scanned the barcode of the receipt in the app just the same as scanning the barcode on a paper receipt to return.

Then on a later occasion, the store manager was on the till one day and just chatting about Lidl plus app while checking out, I got the impression from what he was saying about returns that you wouldn't need to find the receipt in the app, you would just scan your QR code and the system would know you had the receipt. Maybe I picked it up wrong though, I hadn't tried it.

Although if I remember correctly, previously, before Lidl plus, I had asked about returning something when I couldn't find the receipt and they asked if I had paid with cash or card because if it was a card and I could give them the card number they could regenerate the till receipt. I think that was in Lidl, might have been Aldi though...

I don't use the app, but shop there a fair bit. I like the way they treat their employees, which seems better than standard in retail. Also, they just sent 10 million euros in humanitarian assistance for people impacted by the situation in Ukraine. Sure, they want to make money, but Lidl is not the worst, IMO.

Might get the app after all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is this nice?

White Chocolate and Strawberry Crisp In-store price: €1.79 Lidl Plus price: 90c Product size: 200g

• Advertisement

No I searched for the item on my digital receipt before I left the car to go inside- no way was I holding up a Lidl queue just looking for it at the till! I didnt know they could scan QR code to find it and neither did the till operator. Not sure how that would work as Id thrown out the items packaging so there was no barcode to match it against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭Nollog

i got one before, i dont like it but my taste is probably different to yours anyway. not a fan of strawberry and white chocolate.

Way to go chocolate bar 50% off today only on the app. It's made by Tony's chocolonely - very creamy chocolate. The carmelised almond and sea salt is my pick of the flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

It says it's for female users of the app - do they know something I don't? I suppose I could just say that today I identify as female?

WayToGo - €1.99 reduced to 99c today only

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Must be to make them feel special on International woman's Day 😁

1. The coupon code for each week will be communicated every Wednesday via the parkrun newsletter

Still no newsletter arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Been getting these for years, the weekly newsletter appears late on Wed afternoons.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Code is PARKRUN001 it’s bananas or protein balls

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

First card this week

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

And you never shared them with us! Burn the witch! 😁

• Advertisement

Free Chocolate! 1200 calories, 82g fat. yum!

Curious how the fairtrade bananas disappear from stock on the same morning that the parkrun code offer is launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭crayon80

YES!! I was in early and all the other bananas were there. No fruit shorties all week, they haven't had those tissues in months. None of the eggs on offer were in stock yesterday but I bet they're back today 😒

I like the app etc but you'd wonder sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭newincity

lol just back from my lidl and not a fairtrade banana to be found!!

I got the tissues last week, got that treat again this week and they are gone so maybe it is just a supply issue but you would wonder.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Same here with the fair trade bananas. There isn't even shelf space for them.

Jaffa Cakes 300g or Chocolate 100g on scratchcard

One is going to be tubby

• Advertisement

Still Water 500ml or Cup a Soup 80g on scratchcard

also fairtrade bananas in stock

Advertisement