Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Jaysus they are really dropping in price i be tempted.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-e-tron-gt-quattro-530bhp-390kw-93-kwh/36404165

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

There's one 4k cheaper I posted the other day.

I posted a while ago wondering when they would hit 60k, I thought that's the price I'd pull the trigger at.

Since then I bought a 2022 Etron 55 from my father, paid him 40k for it, that's the highest offer he was given to sell it which I matched so that's what it stands me.

Other things holding me back is the fact I put 2 labradors in either the Audi or the cupra every single day twice a day and the hatch/SUV opening keeps them out of the main cabin they happily go in the boot and look into the car, I've the parcel shelves removed.

I'm not too taken in by the Etron GT power or handling I'm not into performance driving really, just absolutely blown away by its external looks, it is quite similar to every high end Audi A6, A6, A8, Etron inside.

I wonder would I regret losing the practicality of the SUV. That's if I could even recoup my 40k, and I'd still be paying at least 30k to move to same year GT. But then, the looks !

I anxiously await the A6 Etron, that's either a hatch or an estate, both of which would be suitable for me and it's a next gen EV so more than likely better at being an EV. I think that's what I'll have to do, wait for that and see where pricing is. Going by Merc EQE and BMW i5 sales it's not going to sell at 90k. Etron GT have dropped below 100k now so I'm guessing has to be a dropoff to the A6 Etron.

Might just get rid of the dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

looking at audi Wexford they have taken 20k off the price of a q8 55 etron 241 reg! Down to under 90k now, q6 will need to come in below 80

Would you think an A6 will be cheaper than a Q6? There's usually a premium for the equivalent SUV.

40k for a 2022 reg E tron thats good value when i got mine last June, Depending on the battery size and spec they were going for 60/70k. Can only imagine what i would get for my one now.

• Advertisement

He wanted rid of it, bought it from pension lump sum but he's at retirement age now and it's way too technical for him. He prefers more agricultural type vehicles! 40k is what he was offered from Audi to buy it back, I wasn't having that and although I didn't particularly want it, I said I'd match their offer.

I suppose it would have cost me mid 50s, it was just in February.

I think i will hold on to mine for a while so mate of mine paid €100k for his GT last year.

I'm not absolutely crazy about mine and I did have my eye on something nice in next year or so but the opportunity arose so I took it.....sensible move is to sit on my good fortune myself. I'm just always on the lookout for something nice.

I've always really admired a nice saloon car design and styling but now I've dogs I love the SUV and hatch boot openings and don't think I could go back.

I've never had an SUV/Jeep style car so the E TRON was the first one for me, Sitting up at that height was also new to me as the last two cars were A4/A6.

One thing i hate is if i get a takaway i used to put it in the boot of the car, With the E TRON due to the hatch back the smell comes right through the cabin of the car.

I know first world problems.

First one for me too, A6, 530e, recently and a host of 3 and 5 series (well used and old) before them. Etron doesn't feel very high to me though.

I've never been into SUVs really, was offered an excellent deal on a company X5 before and turned it down and kept the 5 series.

Just ask your chipper for no vinegar and put it on yourself at home !

• Advertisement

Saw an advert on FB Audi looking for people to sell their cars or trade them in, I remember during the lockdown they did something similar. At the time i sent them in pics of the A6 with mileage etc and the next day they contacted me with an offer.

Was curious lans tried it again last weekend this time with the E tron and not even a reply yet, I've no intention of getting rid of the e tron yet sure don't even have it a year.

Is there anyone who would go back to an ICE car or go for another E tron model? For the miles that i do dailly 30km commute to work the E tron is ideal and again the build quality is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Woodie40

^^The build quality is second to none. A proper drivers car.

I'd stick with Etron no problem but I wouldn't be buying another big heavy SUV so I don't think I'll trade up to a Q8 ever. A6 Etron probably next up for me whenever it appears.

Wouldn't buy a Q4.

GT maybe but I feel it won't suit my lifestyle.

Having owned one for 2 months now, it's definitely not a driver's car in the conventional sense of that phrase.

It's a quiet and comfortable 2.5 tonne SUV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’m guessing they’re going to “forget” to reply to you rather than insult you with a paltry offer on the e-Tron.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Woodie40

I have the etron GT, best car I have ever owned.

I took a spin in a q4 didn't think much of it compared to the A6 at the time, Will test drive the q6 whenever it gets to Ireland. One thing i noticed if i was going back to an A6 diesel hardly any S line quattro available.

have you been in the q8? It's no upgrade must be the world's lightest face-lift, same inside, small changes to bumpers and a different badge that's it.

No, never been in one. Yeah just a rebadging exercise really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you could argue that the sensible move would be to jump into a GT now while you have significant equity in the etron?

Shouldnt take too much arm twisting for you to get moving 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Considering a 2020 etron suv. Anything to look out in particular?

See they are rated to tow up to 1800kg. Do they come with a hitch or was it an option?

get the 55 if you can, range on the 50 can be tight ( 230 km or so in winter), hitch was an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

If it's a factory option do you know if a hitch is possible to add later?

https://www.reddit.com/r/etron/comments/17nv9xw/tow_hitch_install/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

this one has been dropping steadily over the last week or 2.

Didnt someone on here say that €60k was the buying point for them.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/36404165

Yes, that red one is starting to get flat spots on the tyres, it’s been for sale for quite a while. Even the silver one in Audi North Dublin at €63K hasn’t budged even though they seemed keen to shift it. I went for a look at it and they were willing to refurb all 4 wheels, extend the warranty to 2 years and throw in a 2 year service pack without pushing too hard. I’m not sure that these have hit rock bottom yet. Plenty 2022 ones with tiny mileage not selling either.

it's a lovely looking car but that red is doing nothing for it!

That Tango red wouldn’t be my first choice either. It’s better than the light blueish grey that seems to be on a lot of them (Kemora Grey I think). It just looks like primer.

• Advertisement

That was me Gumbo, I didn't think it would come around so soon and I bought an etron SUV in Feb from my father for a price I couldn't say no to, he was going to sell to a dealership and myself and the missus were sharing the Cupra and becoming a bit of a pain in the hole so I took the etron.

There were only 2022s in the GT for sale then around 75 to 80k I didn't realise there were 2021s at all.

Tempting at the price now aren't they. Only thing now is the etron SUV and also the Cupra are brilliant for carrying my 2 labradors, they're in it every day and I go to rivers and the sea with them nearly every day and they go in the boot, I have them both lined to keep clean. Id lose that with the etron GT, I wouldn't appreciate the better driving dynamics enough (hence not being bothered with Taycan) and I'd be buying for looks. Interior more or less the same too. At 60k Id be parting with 20k at least to change from etron and 35k to change from the cupra. And both of those are 222 reg plates I'd be going back a year which wouldn't particularly bother me.

I've always had saloons all my life, nice 5 series and A6 but I can see why they're disappearing. My attention probably turning towards A6 etron for next time I change now, maybe even the Avant depending on which body style looks better. Not as special as the GT but probably easier to live with.

Advertisement