Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Noticed that the 2nd hand prices for the e-tron are lower than the diesel A6 even though the e-tron is higher spec (full leather seats, Audi virtual cockpit for example). Do you think the discrepancy is down to the lower range of the e-tron or are the A6 prices artificially high.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Leave it all silver. Haven't you heard, black packs are very uncool these days? 😀 All the Porsche owners are speccing silver wheels and zero window tint at the moment. Classy is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Hey guys

Looking at an e-tron with the price drop on the 2020 models. Any issues getting insurance? I currently have an A6 but am getting no quotes when I am trying the online estimates.

Who are people with? Do i just hit up a broker. I am 37 with clean Irish license btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I insured a 22 one with RSA last week, a 55 model with higher bhp. 500 and something euro.

Used chill I think, was happy enough with quote and stopped shopping around

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Thanks got an quote from RSA (123.ie) similar to yourself if i decide to go ahead. Thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I found doing the online quotes the car was coming up as a coupe, Rang Aviva and they entered in the car manually as what is on the log book.

And got the insurance for €500 old man at 50 full licence full NCB.

Not great pictures, both cars grubby and dirty at the moment.

Had the 2 cars charging side by side today in work. Both under 20% this morning, born finished 2 hours ago the Etron still going, just finishing up now.

So about 48kwh into the born today and 77kwh into the Etron so far according to the charger app. It's about 30c per kWh so that's 2 cars charged for a week or so for about 35 euro (but free to me personally). Should get 300kms from each of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

You’re obviously desperate to avoid getting “employee of the month” for February. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭creedp

Jaysus your employer must be screwing his customers if he's happy to throw money at employee's like that. Are all his employees invited to bring their multiple cars to fill up for recreational use? Could fellow boards colleagues drop in now and again by any chance??😇

Family business lads :) lucky position to be in I suppose

The one beside them is a Mitsubishi something or other PHEV, I forget what the model is called, (outlander maybe?) that is just granny charging

The Cupra is a (BIK free) company car, under the threshold this year and we will have a look at next year. I there is BIK, I will buy it and claim expenses

Etron was a personal purchase

I do use them for work anyway.

120kwh of electricity at about €35 for 600kms driving is still less than I was spending on fuel when I had a diesel card for the A6 in a week, about €60 for 450kms or so in that.

We have an EV only policy here now for company cars, only 1 X5 diesel left on fleet but will be going soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

WOuldn't it be cheaper compared to diesel on the road?

Plus dont they some tax back with the electricity they use or something like that?

Can claim VAT back on the electricity but we also do that with diesel.

Revenue currently have no plans to charge BIK for work charging, so it's tax exempt income for me too I suppose, legally.

Yeah it's cheaper overall to fuel EVs obviously, on a standard day rate it's about 36 euro for 600kms which I got today, regardless of it being 2 cars rather than 1, on diesel that would be about 80 euro for same distance on a 40mpg 2 litre kind of car.

We have two company chargers in work most of the EV fleet are ID4, I just jump on the charger first thing in the .morning around 0630 for a few hours. Or when working the late shifts hop on it about 1700hrs when everyone gone home.

Saw a post on FB in one of the E tron groups about a battery recall from 2019 -2022.Not sure if its for the US or Euro ones anyone hear anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Looks like US and UK anyway as I have seen someone in the UK got a letter from Audi UK. Anyone on here receive a letter or get notified in the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'm looking into getting a new E-Tron at present Audi finance have dropped their APR to 4.9% so explored some finance options.

On the quote they gave me they bundled in

Service plan

Smart

Carmour paint sealant

RTI.

Does anyone bother with this stuff, the sceptic in me thinks they are mainly gimmicky and where the salesperson gets decent commission?

Examine the detail in the service plan, sometimes they can be good value if tyres etc. are included. Rest of it is will definitely be a waste of money.

You are better some of the time getting a proper ceramic coating done by external garage. I have found some of the garages literally rub their arses on the car :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The service plan will most likely be non negotiable, but don’t bother with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Could always try to get a longer service plan into the deal. If it covers tyres then it could be useful and sweeten the deal

• Advertisement

Did they not offer an extended warranty ? I heard something about the service plans being compulsory if buying a new EV.

Audi Ireland don’t sell extended warranty cover. You might be able buy it from Audi UK if you’re prepared to use say Audi Portadown for warranty work.

My last 2 cars A4&A6 quattro I bought an extended warranty of them, That was from an Audi dealer in Dublin.

Perhaps this was some warranty product sold by the dealer like Mapfre/CarProtect rather than an Audi one ? Approved used cars sold through Audi dealers here usually have 1-2 years Audi warranty on them but in my experience cannot be extended. I’ve tried.

Maybe it was one sold through the dealer at the time I just bought it for peace of mind, Current E tron bought from non Audi dealer had some extended warranty but didn't cover battery or the motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭jiminho

See quite a few of the GTs in the 70-80k range with low mileage and only 1-2 years old. That’s a steep price drop from the 120-130 starting price. Do you think their depreciation will even out over the next 2-5 years or are those prices still going to plummet more?

Like all high end cars the depreciation over the first few years is high. It evens out over the years but still would be higher than most cars

I think before on combustion a guide I was told was 4k per year for some cars and 6-7k per year for high end

Im watching the prices closely at the lower end, not looking at what's happening at 80+. They tend to disappear from done deal at around 75k for the 2022 models.

I see 2 models now with 21 plates for 70k, that's the cheapest I've seen. The red one has decent mileage for a 3 year old and will prob need to drop further towards 65 to get a buyer.

Although I've seen them disappear and reappear, could be to do with finance and insurance problems.

They're gorgeous cars on the road, I was following one the other morning and I missed my turn into work looking at it

Meanwhile back in SUV land........I know its the smaller 50 battery but this is a good looking etron for small money for someone that doesnt need big range

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-e-tron-technik-50-quattro/36463189

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nice set of wheels makes all the difference, those dark pics make the contrast colour on the arches etc look less noticeable youd want that colour coded aswell but get that done and its a fine car.

Advertisement