Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

They’ve a fair bit to go yet and unless they start coming in from the UK in big numbers it’ll take a while. At that money, I’d be much more tempted than a Taycan and keep extending the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭mun1

The GT is a nice car alright but the Taycan is one of the nicest looking cars around, inside and out. And yes i would pay extra to get my hands on a Taycan. Theres a beautiful silver one on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/201-audi-e-tron-new-2-year-nct/35073989

The cheapest one I have seen in Ireland - bar someone doing long distance regularly this is looking like a good deal. Nice set of wheels when the tyres need replacing like the black one above and dechrome it if thats your thing and its decent for under 30k, and I suspect you could push it a little bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭User1998

Thats been for sale a while, around 6 weeks I believe. Not many private buyers out there willing to part with €30k with no trade in or finance. I’d say a cheeky offer would take it.

Definitely agree regarding the wheels and black wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

"No offers at this price. MAY TRADE FOR TESLA"

That's really interesting to me and lines up with a lot of the conversations around here and IRL, the old guard and what people consider premium vs regular vs cheap has changed a lot in the EV world. The premium guys: Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc have all been sluggish to get going and thought they could charge a huge premium to increase their margin. But folks tend to be trusting the 'EV only' brands to get it more right than the old guard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭User1998

No one is giving him full asking price for that car when you can get this nicer one for €2k more from a dealer with finance facilities, warranty, trade ins etc etc

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/36463189

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

100%, on a related note, I bought my last car from those guys, they have a shed where they store and clean cars but no mechanics on-site. This isn't unusual these days and never had a problem with the car I bought, they have gorgeous stock there, a lot of high end UK imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Curious to know what range people with a 55 e-tron are getting when charging to 80%? I charged overnight and it is showing a range of 241km which is low.

It's only an estimate of 240, you'll get whatever you get based on how you drive it and conditions etc. They all do that

Long term over 10k Kms since 2022 mine is using 26kwh per 100kms so full battery would, on average, give about 350kms

80% of that is 280

I've only owned mine since Feb so haven't had it in the warmer weather yet.

If you're only charging to 80% I presume you haven't got a long drive planned?

I charge it to 100% a lot when I do charge, it's only 11kwh charging on AC it won't damage the battery. It's about once a week and I'll be using it straight away after charging in work.

If yours is home charging it's only 7kwh

I've been doing it on cupra born for almost 2 years and I haven't noticed a problem.

Remember you'll be itching to charge again at about 20% battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eiritated

I see the recall notice on RSA for etron 55 on the battery issue:

“There are 8 vehicles affected in the Republic of Ireland that were produced between 16 March 2018 and 11 March 2022.”

I’m not sure how the 8 are identified and if that number could rise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,781 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yep me too always charge to 100 on ac I'll always be using it straight away, over 27000 km my average consumption is 27kwh per 100km

Interesting there are only 8. I have a 55 e-tron that was probably one of the last manufactured (10/3/2022). No recall notice yet. I believe you can get a notification in the app but I am sure you will receive a letter also.

Where do you check manuf date I got mine later in 2022 but not sure when manufactured

Ask the garage for the car data sheet. It gives you all the car options including the date of manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is there a q4 Etron thread or is it just this? Curious if there’s any price cut coming for it given the other VAG brands discounts. It’s very pricey to begin with when compared to a Q5 IMO.

Any idea what’s causing this sound (around the 9 second mark) between wipes when auto wiping and the rain sensor is on? No error message is showing. It sounds like the wiper motor is going to move but doesn’t move the wiper. When the rain sensor is off and auto wiping on it doesn’t happen. Can someone please test theirs for me to see if they have the same noise happening between wipes. It only happens when on auto wipers with the rain sensor on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It might be the wipers stopping? In my Cupra when the auto wipers are on they don't go completely down when on, I can see them at the bottom of the windscreen. I guess that's them being "on" and when the rain stops or they don't need to move often they then move to the fully down position and make a similar noise.

Also worth noting VW Group cars with auto wipers will go down in wiper speed when stopped, which might prompt them to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Bit the bullet and bought a 2021 50 Quattro with 30k km on the clock.

Beautiful machine. Still working my way though all the settings, not least working out how to set up the charging timer. I think I am almost there.

We do very little mileage , work from home, so range not an issue. Will do 2 Kerry trips a year which will be the max. Will grab a coffee in Barack Obama plaza when doing so.

Probably a lot more car than I need but interiors is so much nicer that the other electric cars out there. They all seem to have the screen sitting proud of the dash which looks very messy to me. Audi is more understated yet just as techy. I feel like I am getting value for memory each time I sit into it.

Given our low mileage I imagine I'll keep it for 10 years at least.

Charge timer is a faff if I’m honest if you can’t set the time in the charger itself it’s easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Woodie40

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Audi are one of the few manufacturers that haven’t changed their interiors for EV era. They are very familiar and you could be in an A4 or A6 once you’re in there. Hence the familiar feeling. I may be wrong here but I also think they are one of the few using real leather?

Anyway, safe driving.

Congrats, nice big comfortable machine. It's all about getting a car that suits your particular usage.

I have a 55 but I haven't troubled the range in a way a 50 wouldn't work for me just as well. Maybe plugging in every 5 days instead of 6 or 7 but that's about it, the extra power in the 55 doesn't really do it for me either after first few times flooring it.

Best of luck with it.

most of the extra power in the 55 is in that boost mode, day to day i dont notice any real difference if im honest the 50 was plenty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’ve heard that on my A6.

That sounds like the wiper moving into position for wiping or moving home because they are not in a wiping cycle anymore.

their is a stand by position and a home postion.

The reason it doesn’t happen when they are not on auto is because the wipers are home and then move to wiping , then continue moving from the wiping position.

that noise is the wiper itself, it’s the same noise as when the wipers change direction when wiping, you can hear the rubber.

I've never driven a 50 but I'm sure it's plenty powerful enough with the EV instant torque.

There's only a second in the 100kmph acceleration

Thanks for all the good wishes.

So I thought I had the power thing licked but no matter what I do it starts charging immediately when I plug it in.

I have a night time rate from 2am-6am and only want the car to charge at that time and that time only.

I have a Zappi and I set the time range there. I set the time on the car to 2am to 6am and set an end time of 5.55am but nothing works.

I am obviously an idiot but it is wrecking my head. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

You obviously took the 7cent enengia rate. Plenty of folks here with a lot of experience. I’d suggest posting outside of this thread as many won’t pop into EV specific if they don’t have an E-Tron. That zappi should definitely be an easy sort. You’re just missing something silly I feel. Hope you get sorted post haste!

Get the zappi sorted the Audi implementation of timed charging is so counter intuitive that the zappi should be an easier fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Always when you have two devices doing the same thing and it isn't working, try and remove one from the equation and concentrate on checking if the other one works.

In other words turn off scheduling on the zappi (always on) and turn it on in the car. And then try the other way around. Obviously do your testing when convenient and not at 2am.

• Advertisement

I tried that but no joy.

Turned off the Zappi setting (so using the Audi settings) and I have it plugged in now and it is not charging but I think I was there before and it will kick off when it needs to start charging to hit the desired 5.55am end time.

It's like the 2am-6am I set in the other part of the Audi interface is irrelevant.

I'll see in the morning.

Advertisement