Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

GavK wrote: »
    I did it and got 91 Christian Eriksen

Not disastrous.

I got cornet from the last one so might give this a miss, I have feck all 83/84 cards in club so would be buying them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

83s and 84s are worth too much to put into them right now.

Icon Pack 10: Sol Campbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Did it for the craic, not trading at all so don’t really know or give a **** about prices atm. Got shapeshifters TAA though so it’s a bit of a loss. Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Did the first party bag and got 89 Headliners Telles - not too bad. Did it the second time and got Winter Refresh Ake - not too good.

Have opened over 100 packs the last few days and managed to pack 12 TOTW cards including Ings 3 times and 7 of this weeks TOTW, nothing spectacular though - highest was 88 Zapata and 87’s 3 times.

Also got 3 Connebel Lib KO players - 89, 86 and an 85 a Herrera Winter Refresh and 89 Alisson and 88 Godin UCL Rares.

Got some 84s and 83s as well so will see if there’s enough to do Foden to guarantee myself a 95 or two 93’s as already did Fabinho.

Pack opening is tiring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Servers down for anyone else?

• Advertisement

If anyone wants easy coins, cam to cm has now joined cam to cf and cf to cam in being extinct.

You’ll get an instant 5k if you have any.

I fecked wasted one last week to get an extra 1 chem in the Mexican league sbc’s :D

Edit: engine chems also going for about 4.3k, everyone using it on zlatan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

do i need to have players set onto aggressive interceptions for them to actually intercept the ball and not stand there looking at the game ? it seems alot of games (even when winning) my players jsut stand there, or even when setting instructions they seem to do the opposite, i understand the work rate etc, but even using someone with low def work rates and telling them to stick to position and stay forward when they are playing cam, they seem to be either on the left wing or just in front of the left back all the time, almost like they are swapping positions with the lb(who is set to stay back when attacking also).

also again on the instructions thing is there actually a point to them at all as players just seem to do whatever the fck they want anyways(even when triggering runs there is just zero response alot of the time).

team atm is

rashford(moments) son
    lucas
    ndombele(sh) bruno (sh)

rodri
    mendy(sh) militao koeman semedo

edit: am div 6 atm almost div 5 so im not losing every game etc to be posting just something that is annoying me.

stopped at 11 wins 6 losses in WL this week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

chips1234 wrote: »
    do i need to have players set onto aggressive interceptions for them to actually intercept the ball and not stand there looking at the game ? it seems alot of games (even when winning) my players jsut stand there, or even when setting instructions they seem to do the opposite, i understand the work rate etc, but even using someone with low def work rates and telling them to stick to position and stay forward when they are playing cam, they seem to be either on the left wing or just in front of the left back all the time, almost like they are swapping positions with the lb(who is set to stay back when attacking also).

also again on the instructions thing is there actually a point to them at all as players just seem to do whatever the fck they want anyways(even when triggering runs there is just zero response alot of the time).

team atm is

rashford(moments) son
    lucas
    ndombele(sh) bruno (sh)

rodri
    mendy(sh) militao koeman semedo

edit: am div 6 atm almost div 5 so im not losing every game etc to be posting just something that is annoying me.

stopped at 11 wins 6 losses in WL this week also.

I have that problem too... honestly just think it’s the way EA have dumbed down AI defending this year. It’s very annoying, so I’ve adjusted to just manually defending myself and not relying on the AI to do anything.

Often times I track back with my CM down the left flank and my LB will just stand there and watch without pressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

I have that problem too... honestly just think it’s the way EA have dumbed down AI defending this year. It’s very annoying, so I’ve adjusted to just manually defending myself and not relying on the AI to do anything.

Often times I track back with my CM down the left flank and my LB will just stand there and watch without pressing.

been doing this alot, it helps slightly but not much,it seems my players only start doing anything when i go team press, and obv thats not a solution :D think most annoying thing is holding lb and pass to play a quick 1-2 and the passing player literally just stop and watch instead of making the run :D:D

chips1234 wrote: »
    been doing this alot, it helps slightly but not much,it seems my players only start doing anything when i go team press, and obv thats not a solution :D think most annoying thing is holding lb and pass to play a quick 1-2 and the passing player literally just stop and watch instead of making the run :D:D

Agree with that. I’ve found myself manually defending and using R1 to get a second player to press as well. Seems to be working fine for me, but careful using it as it leaves gaps in behind so you’ve to time it correctly or you’re ****ed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Are we going to get another objective player like mendy/fernandes or is the promotion finished?

cintec wrote: »
    Are we going to get another objective player like mendy/fernandes or is the promotion finished?

Hopefully so. I’ve very little interest in doing wl again with current red rewards so have enjoyed the mendy and bruno objectives instead.
    Much better rewards too.

Saw rumours there last week that Mount/Aarons were in it as SBC/objectives. Hope an Ousmane Dembele pops up sometime soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Hopefully so. I’ve very little interest in doing wl again with current red rewards so have enjoyed the mendy and bruno objectives instead.
    Much better rewards too.

Same I was nearly done with this game but enjoying the grind for the summer heat players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've seen nothing on Twitter to suggest we're getting a new objective player today.

I would presume they would do a big one for each league and it's been on Wednesday so far.

That fut donk guy is hinting to it being a French player so I’m guessing it’s dembele.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah we've only had 4 French SBC/Objective players this promo, could do with a few more :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Offline for a month and a half as was away for work. My team has fallen a million miles behind. Will have a crack at the Bruno objectives but I was at div 7 and jesus the team's I'm coming up against. It's no fun when you're just getting trounced time after time. Burst my balls to do the prime icon and got Pirlo.... Now have very little left and a weak side... Zlatan looks a bit easier so I might do him first to help with getting a few wins

You know what they say lads, 11th time is the charm!

INtjqeY.png

What is the point of this?

If you don’t like him you can’t even put him into an sbc at 74 rated

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1278372931530350592?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You know what they say lads, 11th time is the charm!

INtjqeY.png

About time you got someone!!!
    What is the point of this?

If you don’t like him you can’t even put him into an sbc at 74 rated

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1278372931530350592?s=21

WTF are they playing at?? :confused::confused::confused:

This new SBC is so dumb, it's clearly trying to play off some Silver card nostalgia but what's the point in having an incredibly high stat Silver card when there is no game mode that requires a maximum of Silvers anyway. This is just a card with pretty average stats for this stage in the game that doesn't even function as SBC fodder.

Mr Moon wrote: »

WTF are they playing at?? :confused::confused::confused:

There’s an objective that requires silver players for a 50k pack reward, but objectives are in online friendlies so looks relatively easy.
    I can only think we’re going to get bombarded with silver objectives now?
    If not, it makes no sense to have a 120k sbc to make an easy objective for a 50k pack slightly easier.

I swear to god if they start giving out a bunch of upgraded Silvers but still limit them to the top 5 leagues and popular nations :mad:

There’s an objective that requires silver players for a 50k pack reward, but objectives are in online friendlies so looks relatively easy.
    I can only think we’re going to get bombarded with silver objectives now?
    If not, it makes no sense to have a 120k sbc to make an easy objective for a 50k pack slightly easier.

They’ve even limited the online friendlies to “classic” match only, just you know, in case people might have a little bit of craic playing mystery ball, swaps etc.

You’re grand ea, I can live without my diego costa from a 50k pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Savage stats for a 74 though, plus he would replace as Moura as his seeds are significantly better. But does he play as well?
    Will wait for a review and make the plunge because why not :)

Apparently summer heat ends tomorrow?
    That’s a pity.
    Really nice promotion.

Blazer wrote: »
    Savage stats for a 74 though, plus he would replace as Moura as his seeds are significantly better. But does he play as well?
    Will wait for a review and make the plunge because why not :)

Apparently summer heat ends tomorrow?
    That’s a pity.
    Really nice promotion.

Is it not just that there’s a new batch of best of cards in packs tomorrow? We only got a new vote yesterday for summer heat and sbc for that is tomorrow at 6 so would be strange for an sbc to come after promo ends.

We should also get another free pack tomorrow based on our engagement.

The "Best of" cards were listed as a "Re-release 1", which implied there'd be a second batch.

But I'd worry they'll do the second batch during the next promo (Futties?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Did anyone do Foden? Got enough players to complete it but wondering if he’s any good or just leave it and go the extra mile for Ericksen

Advertisement