Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

greasepalm wrote: »
    One does collect a lot of machines just to make coffee,pods,pods and more pods expensive way and the plastic we dump.

https://www.evergreen-capsules.com/products/capsule-nespresso

https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/brewing-equipment/aeropress/aeropress-coffee-maker/

Wonder how many other ways we can save.

Nespresso pods are aluminium. And recycled by I assume most users?

It’s only most of the cheap generics are plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

893bet wrote: »

Must check mine as i thought they were plastic,good to know and empty out contents first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

893bet wrote: »

Most people that I know just throw them in the bin, sad but true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Del007 wrote: »

I used to have a Tassimo and the amount of plastic I was throwing in the bin sickened me so I switched to a DeLonghi bean-to-cup. My switch might have been made a little bit easier by the Argos deal I got a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Mr.S wrote: »
    Nespresso also provide recycling bags that you can bring back to them, or you can put them into any Parcel Motel for free, or have them collect it when they deliver other pods. We do it about once a month, effortless.

Or, you can cut them open, get rid of the coffee grounds, give a wash and then put them in the green bin (I think).

We'd be the same, order pick up of bags of used pods everytime we order, pure laziness not to get them picked up & recycled from your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Del007 wrote: »

That's sad to hear.

It's no big deal to collect the empties in the bags, then have them collected at the same time as you get your coffee delivered.

I see it as being almost as simple as putting stuff in the green bin, so think it's something that we can all easily do, to help the environment a little.

Thanks,

G.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

garrettod wrote: »
    That's sad to hear.

It's no big deal to collect the empties in the bags, then have them collected at the same time as you get your coffee delivered.

I see it as being almost as simple as putting stuff in the green bin, so think it's something that we can all easily do, to help the environment a little.

We put the empties in the bag and then take them to BT.

It makes me smile no end to think I'm bringing my rubbish into BRown Thomas for them to deal with.

Small, pathetic victories.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thread title is misleading, has this "bargain alert" expired?

Mods, perhaps mark it expired please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Can't get this to work, expired I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Seems to be... needs to be tagged as so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Free machine and they will put a saddle on you and ride you bareback for the capsules. Women will buy them in their droves and fair play to the young marketing chap who came up with this. I'd give him instant promotion. Houses all over Ireland will be getting them as Christmas presents, west Kerry won't know what him them. Thousands of them will be for sale on Done Deal around May when the husband finds out his wife has been rode crossways

Advertisement