Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Hi to you all. Looking for a recommendation of you knowledgeable people. I'm looking to get a milk frother for this machine. Would really appreciate if you could suggest a suitable one. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

clickhere wrote: »
    Hi to you all. Looking for a recommendation of you knowledgeable people. I'm looking to get a milk frother for this machine. Would really appreciate if you could suggest a suitable one. Thank you.

Nespresso aerocino is the one. There is a deal on it occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

leanin2019 wrote: »
    From 29 Flavours you could have gotten something you like, maybe?

22 Standard Flavour (does not include 5 "barista creations" and 2 "master origin" blends):

3cc5f52ed066803bc0ca5dc97a68a1a8.jpg

But how do I try them, without getting the machine and buying the varies capsuls to try them?

Assume that I buy a selection box with one of each for example, to find that I don't like the majority of them, that's a waste of money imho.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Lavazza A Modo Mio MilkEasy Milk Frother

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

aisling86 wrote: »
    Got a track and trace notification today. Didnt order anything since my machine. Roll on Monday! I'll be dying to see what they are randomly sending me!

So I've recieved a duplicate order. When I asked them to amend my delivery address they must have put it back through their system or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

garrettod wrote: »
    But how do I try them, without getting the machine and buying the varies capsuls to try them?

Assume that I buy a selection box with one of each for example, to find that I don't like the majority of them, that's a waste of money imho.

I think you can visit a boutique and try them. Not sure though.

But I like the stormio. It's an 8 but very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Aldi do an aerchino knock off from time to time that works fine.

An even cheaper alternative that works great for a cheap hack is if you have a french press knocking about, heat some milk and use the plunger to froth the milk by going up and down through it. Works just as well as these other contraptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Mr.S wrote: »
    The aeroccino is the one to go for, but a little pricey.

I also don't find it great if you only want a small bit of milk (ie 1 coffee). Probably cheaper generics available.

I use the aeroccino all the time and love it. Don’t ever have coffee without it. But one big thing to be aware of (and I’d guess it’s the same no matter which aeroccino you’d buy) is that different milks froth very differently. I thought mine was broken when I got it but turns out normal full fat milk doesn’t froth well, something to do with the protein in the milk. The best is actually Slimline milk, and own brands from Tesco and ALDI are even better than Avonmore. It’s crazy, some of the regular milk comes out like fizzy bubbly milk and it’s horrible, where the slimline is thick and creamy.
    Even the time of year affects the milk and how good the froth is.

Somewhat off topic but it took me a while to realise this and not think that the frothier wasn’t faulty!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

clickhere wrote: »

https://powercity.ie/product/200091

This is the one I bought to go with it. Very happy with everything I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sillysocks wrote: »
    I use the aeroccino all the time and love it. Don’t ever have coffee without it. But one big thing to be aware of (and I’d guess it’s the same no matter which aeroccino you’d buy) is that different milks froth very differently. I thought mine was broken when I got it but turns out normal full fat milk doesn’t froth well, something to do with the protein in the milk. The best is actually Slimline milk, and own brands from Tesco and ALDI are even better than Avonmore. It’s crazy, some of the regular milk comes out like fizzy bubbly milk and it’s horrible, where the slimline is thick and creamy.
    Even the time of year affects the milk and how good the froth is.

Somewhat off topic but it took me a while to realise this and not think that the frothier wasn’t faulty!

I have found that SV own brand milk is better at frothing up than all others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Duvetdays wrote: »
    https://powercity.ie/product/200091

This is the one I bought to go with it. Very happy with everything I bought.

Thats the one to Go For

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Mine arrived last week, really happy with it cheers OP. This was a great BA, seeing as I already had one of these machines and end up buying the capsules anyway.

Vertuo is streets ahead of the older capsules as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

oh man, coffee making methods goes over my head. seems to be a few people in the know here.

But whats the cheapest way to get decent coffee. i know there is instant coffee but is there a way to not spend much on getting a decent cup of coffee at home.

are some of the instant coffees good. i see some people with plungers and coffee grinders. i see pump machines. nespresson, de longi some other cheap capsule machine. please help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

oh man, coffee making methods goes over my head. seems to be a few people in the know here.

But whats the cheapest way to get decent coffee. i know there is instant coffee but is there a way to not spend much on getting a decent cup of coffee at home.

are some of the instant coffees good. i see some people with plungers and coffee grinders. i see pump machines. nespresson, de longi some other cheap capsule machine. please help.

It would depend on what you enjoy .... have you tried any coffee that you enjoyed ?

What some people might like you may not, so “good coffee” is subjective, I wouldn’t consider myself a coffee connoisseur but I enjoy a cup, it’s been quite a while since I have had a good cup, one of my friends is creating their own, last I heard she was visiting ethically run coffee farmers in Peru, must drop her a text sometime and ask for an update (she may have been forced to shelve the project due to covid, but she may have gotten it up and running)

• Administrators Posts: 53,366 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The big benefit to Nespresso machines is the variety of coffee available, and it is by far the most convenient way to get a decent cup of coffee.

Buying bags of ground beans would probably work out a lot cheaper, but it's also more work every time you want a coffee. Depends how motivated you are for that cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

How has delivery of machines been for everybody? I ordered a machine (Creatista) 8 days ago. Still no delivery. Several enquiries later no date still given. Had hoped for delivery 2-4 days as suggested in header on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Ordered Sunday 28/6 got the machine the following Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭event

awec wrote: »
    The big benefit to Nespresso machines is the variety of coffee available, and it is by far the most convenient way to get a decent cup of coffee.

Buying bags of ground beans would probably work out a lot cheaper, but it's also more work every time you want a coffee. Depends how motivated you are for that cup!

Not if you have a bean to cup machine

I am very happy with the machine also! Only issue is I can’t get cheap pods to feed visitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

I just want to thank you all for the suggestions on which milk frother to get. I ended getting the Lavazza one in power city. The reason it has taken so long to get back to you all is when I received my Nespresso machine it made 3 cups of coffee and that was it. Got on to the help desk to try and reset it but no luck. They sent a courier to collect it the next day and sent me a new one 4 days later. I'm delighted with the machine and the choice of milk frother. The customer service was very good and thanks again to 893bet for a great bargain alert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

893bet wrote: »
    Add 200 x vertuo capsules.

Then add one of the 199euro vertuo machines.

Machine will be free at checkout!

Mod Edit:> https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/

Any deals on the Vertuo at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Any deals on the Vertuo at the moment?

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/offers/vertuo-promotion

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Vertuo machines back to €99 with 100 free capsules (10 sleeves), on the Nespresso IE website.

Slightly cheaper on Amazon at £80

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PD9ZMKT/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fabt1_dlC_weWPFb46X3Q6J

Plus 2 months free if you want to sign up for a sub, not required though.

Signed up for the old style machine on subscription this week. Seems like a good deal, given that we had a machine and always do buy capsules direct. We got a €180 machine for €1 plus 25 a month charge. If we leave before the 2 years then we pay for the machine. Happy with that as have had a machine for years anyway.

Didn’t go for Vertuo as capsules are a lot more expensive and we’re happy with the classic for now . Hopefully they don’t discontinue the pods anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

sillysocks wrote: »
    Signed up for the old style machine on subscription this week. Seems like a good deal, given that we had a machine and always do buy capsules direct. We got a €180 machine for €1 plus 25 a month charge. If we leave before the 2 years then we pay for the machine. Happy with that as have had a machine for years anyway.

Didn’t go for Vertuo as capsules are a lot more expensive and we’re happy with the classic for now . Hopefully they don’t discontinue the pods anytime soon.

I did the exact same a few months ago, as my old machine was starting to leak, and had been with me for years.

The new machine feels a little lighter on quality tbh and there's something funny about the water container, it's a slightly different shape.

You'll notice with your new machine that it's programmed to put a bit less water in the cup. I actually suspect that they've also reduced the coffee in each capsul, so have also reduced the water, so the coffee doesn't taste a bit watery.

I'll be interested to see what you think, when you get your new machine.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    I did the exact same a few months ago, as my old machine was starting to leak, and had been with me for years.

The new machine feels a little lighter on quality tbh and there's something funny about the water container, it's a slightly different shape.

You'll notice with your new machine that it's programmed to put a bit less water in the cup. I actually suspect that they've also reduced the coffee in each capsul, so have also reduced the water, so the coffee doesn't taste a bit watery.

I'll be interested to see what you think, when you get your new machine.

We already got the machine, delivery was really fast! Am happy with it.
    You know that you can program the buttons to release as much water as you want from each one?

We got a Citiz which is bigger than our old one and actually feels better quality, it’s black and chrome and seems very sturdy. Our old one was dripping slightly too but was quite old and well used so didn’t owe us anything! We always use the stronger capsules and haven’t noticed them any more watery lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I ended up buying an older nespresso machine from Amazon warehouse in September. I paid €58, didn’t get any promos of free coffee. The machine was perfect. There was a mark on the box like as if a sticker had been pulled on it.
    I am delighted with it. :)

Hard to fault Nespresso CS.

My machine broke after 3-4 months. Rang them. They collected it for repair 4 days later and dropped off a replacement machine during repair. Returned two weeks later.

Repair didn’t last a month. Again the arranged for collection and drop of replacement machine. Then they emailed to say they weren’t going to bother. Dump the old machine and a new one was on the way.

Must be profit in the coffee....

Mr.S wrote: »
    Definitely. We spend a small fortune on the pods now with lockdown / working from home.

Yep! We were a bit shocked when we added it up when we were checking for the subscription what our normal spending about would be. At least the classic pods are a bit cheaper, and cheaper again than all the takeaways (although don’t think Nespresso replaces a nice coffee out, a good stop gap though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

One does collect a lot of machines just to make coffee,pods,pods and more pods expensive way and the plastic we dump.

https://www.evergreen-capsules.com/products/capsule-nespresso

https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/brewing-equipment/aeropress/aeropress-coffee-maker/

Wonder how many other ways we can save.

Advertisement