Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post C19 Confirmed Races

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

Lovely venue. Should do one on the beach some evening

Is it a hilly spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭UM1

Thursday club back again in mondello 10th sept
    www.popupraces.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

crisco10 wrote: »
    Is it a hilly spot?

Ish- so you are not going to run a distance PB :)
    Assuming its the same 5k route as the parkrun course - see link. 60m over 5k aprox.
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4170717160

It is a lovely spot for running though.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Hoping to announce soon a full marathon on the road and a half marathon on the same route in late October near Lisburn Co Down.

Will keep you posted but its being considered by the relevant authorities for traffic etc etc.

Full details will be listed on the Championchip Ireland web site and FB page in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hoping to announce soon a full marathon on the road and a half marathon on the same route in late October near Lisburn Co Down.

Will keep you posted but its being considered by the relevant authorities for traffic etc etc.

Full details will be listed on the Championchip Ireland web site and FB page in due course.

Any chance of some events in the Derry/Fermanagh/Omagh direction or is the demand there?

• Advertisement

Any chance of some events in the Derry/Fermanagh/Omagh direction or is the demand there?

Its been tough just getting enough runners near the population centres to enter to make it feasible to run events so far. I'm not getting anywhere near the numbers I thought would have done the runs. It was my thought that with nothing else happening runners would be there in droves but alas not.

I expect it would be worse if I went to the country areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Ish- so you are not going to run a distance PB :)
    Assuming its the same 5k route as the parkrun course - see link. 60m over 5k aprox.
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4170717160

It is a lovely spot for running though.

Beware! A mountain runner's hilly-ish course is a road runner's hills from hell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Is the Longford Royal Canal marathon still going ahead on October 31st? Could be a option for some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Any ideas if the Clonakilty Marathon is going ahead in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

MY BAD wrote: »
    Is the Longford Royal Canal marathon still going ahead on October 31st? Could be a option for some

I hope it will but I seen on their Facebook page that 850 entries were sold across the different race distances so I'll be highly surprised if it does.

• Advertisement

Championchip Ireland got approval today from PSNI for a route around the roads near the Down Royal racecourse to hold a full marathon, half marathon and 10km on Oct 24th.

The 10k would be one lap, half marathon would be a small loop and then 2 laps and the marathon 2 small loops and 4 laps. Uses part of the Lisburn Half Marathon course.

The venue is available, the PSNI are in agreement, just need to sort out traffic management.

Its the same weekend as the virtual Dublin Marathon, Half and 10k so working on a collaboration with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Cona wrote: »
    Any ideas if the Clonakilty Marathon is going ahead in December?

Interested in this as well. Would do the half. I guess they can't say until new restrictions announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Championchip Ireland got approval today from PSNI for a route around the roads near the Down Royal racecourse to hold a full marathon, half marathon and 10km on Oct 24th.

The 10k would be one lap, half marathon would be a small loop and then 2 laps and the marathon 2 small loops and 4 laps. Uses part of the Lisburn Half Marathon course.

The venue is available, the PSNI are in agreement, just need to sort out traffic management.

Its the same weekend as the virtual Dublin Marathon, Half and 10k so working on a collaboration with them.

Is entry open to this now?

sideswipe wrote: »
    Is entry open to this now?

Not just yet but will be in the next week or so. I will post a link here when its available.

Our multi terrain marathon and half marathon at Shanes Castle near Lough Neagh on Sept 26th is still open to entries until Monday 21st. If you enter by Monday night at midnight you're guaranteed a medal and t shirt. Its mostly concrete and tarmac but with a bit of gravel. Water station at 4 miles, 7 miles, 17 miles and 20 miles.

There is no upper limit on numbers taking part in NI but we start in waves over the timing mats to enforce social distancing. Its 2 laps for the marathon and 1 for the half marathon.

http://https://athleticsni.org/Fixtures/ChampionChip-Ireland-Running-Series

Road marathon and half and 10k still being sorted for Oct 24th but PSNI have said yes and traffic management is all ok so will launch next week once we deal with Mo Farah at the weekend.

sideswipe wrote: »

Did the 1st night of this last night, would recommend the subsequent editions. Challenging course but well organised and beautiful surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

Thanks for that. Whereabouts will the end of Oct one be? Sorry if it was answered already in the thread.

Best of luck sorting out that Farrah lad!! :)

ToriV wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Whereabouts will the end of Oct one be? Sorry if it was answered already in the thread.

Best of luck sorting out that Farrah lad!! :)

Its based at the Down Royal Racecourse near Lisburn so dead handy to the A1 from the border.

Starts and finishes in the grounds of the race course and incorporates the race course roads in the 4 laps of the route. Each lap is just over 10k each.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

Its based at the Down Royal Racecourse near Lisburn so dead handy to the A1 from the border.

Starts and finishes in the grounds of the race course and incorporates the race course roads in the 4 laps of the route. Each lap is just over 10k each.

Sounds great! Thanks for that - appreciate it!

The Down Royal Marathon on Oct 24th will have a full measured marathon, half and 10k.

It will run in association with the virtual Dublin event on that weekend meaning if you enter any of the 3 virtual Dublin runs you can enter the Down Royal at a reduced rate and get an official time and get your medal and beanie handed over on the day.

Save the date in your diary and I will post again when the entries open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I know every country is different, but a 5 mile race took place here yesterday in Enschede(close to German border) with nearly 2,000 runners completing it. Corona cases are on the rise here again also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

MY BAD wrote: »

That's cancelled now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

That's cancelled now

Wasn't expecting anything different but :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

If you are looking at options, it's not a marathon but half of something might be better than nothing.

Tralee Marathon fb page
    We are pleased to confirm that the deferred Tralee Summer Solstice Half Marathon will now go ahead on October 25th. Registration will re-open in the next few days. The following restrictions will be in place for the event:
    > For operational reasons only the Half will take place. The 10K will be deferred to a later date, entrants from the 10K will be transferred to the Half, or if they prefare to the new date for the 10K (date to be announced soon).
    > The event will be limited to 200 entrants in line with Athletics Ireland recommendations.
    > Strategies will be put in place to discourage spectators.
    > The race will start in 4 waves of 50 runners (socially distanced).
    > Participants will have their numbers posted out to them.
    > Start is on Basin Road, Tralee. Finish on Neil Armstrong Way Tralee.
    > Finisher Medals & Tech Tops for all Finishers.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Hi all

Has anybody who registered for the Coolock 10k in Aug managed to get their money back? I have heard it is on in October but that does not suit me.

I have tried the gym group associated with it but they sent me to Myrunresults, who are not responding my query. I also got no email about possible change of date, etc. Wondering if this was a bit of a scam. Quite disappointing.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Hi all

Has anybody who registered for the Coolock 10k in Aug managed to get their money back? I have heard it is on in October but that does not suit me.

I have tried the gym group associated with it but they sent me to Myrunresults, who are not responding my query. I also got no email about possible change of date, etc. Wondering if this was a bit of a scam. Quite disappointing.

Thanks

They are waiting on what race organisers decide. If the race is organised, they will only offer partial discount as they have already purchased gear and merchandise etc. It will probably go virtual. 33 euro for a virtual race an absolute scam in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Seannew1 wrote: »
    They are waiting on what race organisers decide. If the race is organised, they will only offer partial discount as they have already purchased gear and merchandise etc. It will probably go virtual. 33 euro for a virtual race an absolute scam in that case.

€33 for a 10km is a scan also.

No chance in hell that is taken place in October or any race in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Any info on whether Run the Line on mid-Nov will happen this year? I'd hoped it might but that hope is fading :(

I'm currently on week 13 of a marathon training plan which targets that weekend although the main reason for starting that was my running had become fairly aimless over the lockdown period.

opus wrote: »
    Any info on whether Run the Line on mid-Nov will happen this year? I'd hoped it might but that hope is fading :(

I'm currently on week 13 of a marathon training plan which targets that weekend although the main reason for starting that was my running had become fairly aimless over the lockdown period.

To be fair, that is a pretty socially distant race! ;) When I did it, I think I literally didn't see anyone else for the second half other than marshalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Sadly Run The Line has gone the same way as every other event :(
    It is clear to us now that hosting a large scale event in Glencullen Adventure Park (GAP) not only goes against the most recent government advice, but also puts members of the public, our supporters and volunteers at increased risk. This is something we simply cannot do.

Instead, we intend to host RTL as a 'virtual' race. Everyone can compete from their own locality, and run the race along city streets, country lanes, mountain tracks, seafronts, or any other myriad places where we all go to clear our minds, fill our lungs, and push our bodies to the limit. Participants in our virtual race will receive a T-shirt once they have sent their time for the race. Remember, the distance can be split up over a number of runs!

Advertisement