Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post C19 Confirmed Races

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

The O wrote: »
    €25 for a 5k in the middle of nowhere!

Whats location got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ultrapercy wrote: »
    Whats location got to do with it?

If its a well run race and the money is going to a club to help improve their facilities, I would happily pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Snodge

Where did you see this? its only 200 allow including players, line staff etc

Read an article, maybe I picked it up wrong and it's that the GAA were calling for 500 to be permitted, apologies if so

Snodge wrote: »
    Read an article, maybe I picked it up wrong and it's that the GAA were calling for 500 to be permitted, apologies if so

Yeah GAA was asking for 500 to be allowed at big matches in big stadiums, ie Croke Park etc

Dublin graded full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

The Spartans Way Marathon Festival had to be postponed due to the new Govt restrictions

Just the way it is at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

The O wrote: »
    The point is fairly clear - €25 for a 5k is a rip off.

If it was 10 mile for 25 euro would it be a rip off too? :confused:

Charlestown, Mayo 10km September 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Kilbeggan 10 mile cancelled. Starts and finishes in Westmeath but half the route is in Offaly so no choice but to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭Trampas

EC1000 wrote: »
    Kilbeggan 10 mile cancelled. Starts and finishes in Westmeath but half the route is in Offaly so no choice but to cancel.

Rules state you can transit through the county but shouldn’t stop. You’d be fine once you don’t bonk and have to stop ;)

I thought they were pushing the rules around 200 max at event with 2 waves as still same event no matter what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Wexford Half cancelled now too! Argh! It's all trending in one direction unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

April 2021 lads, chalk it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Achill has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Trampas wrote: »
    Rules state you can transit through the county but shouldn’t stop. You’d be fine once you don’t bonk and have to stop ;)

I thought they were pushing the rules around 200 max at event with 2 waves as still same event no matter what they say.

Both water stations 5km and 10km were in Offaly
    A large volume of entries were from Offaly.
    Transiting through a county means via transport, not running , especially not organizing 400 people to do it...

It's a pity, I was sign up and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

April 2021 lads, chalk it down.

September 2021. Just got notification for Madrid Rock n Roll Full and Half

We can transfer our entries to the next 3 events Sept 26th 2021, April 2022 or April 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

There's a marathon going ahead in Enniscrone Co Sligo October 4th...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Amsterdam marathon still going ahead - seems ambitious to me but fingers crossed, I think Europe needs a large enough marathon to go ahead as a test case almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Amsterdam marathon still going ahead - seems ambitious to me but fingers crossed, I think Europe needs a large enough marathon to go ahead as a test case almost.

Announcement to be made on it this day next week, from living in The Netherlands not a hope it takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

OOnegative wrote: »
    Announcement to be made on it this day next week, from living in The Netherlands not a hope it takes place.

Cheers - figured as much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

The days of a big city marathon weekend with all it entails seems to be getting further out of reach the longer time goes by, very hard to accept that it will unfortunately be the last in the queue for clearance.

The excitement of the packed expo with family present means huge numbers. A thing of the past now.

The gathering in pens with thousands at the start line chatting to randomers you've never met while passing the hour or so before the start.

The massive crowds often a few deep in places and kids passing out sweets/drinks.

The mass of broken but overjoyed bodies at the finish and the mosh through families leaving the finish area to carry on our way and bask in the moment.

It's the most depressing part of the situation for me along with missing packed houses on a summers day at the inter county hurling championships.
    To be among that many people for a sporting event you are taking part in is magic. Nothing can replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Is the Staff Relay Series still going ahead in September? Nothing cancelled yet...

• Advertisement

Did anyone hear/ does anybody know any more info on this or if its going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭patob

rizzee wrote: »
    Is the Staff Relay Series still going ahead in September? Nothing cancelled yet...
    Cancelled until next year I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

The days of a big city marathon weekend with all it entails seems to be getting further out of reach the longer time goes by, very hard to accept that it will unfortunately be the last in the queue for clearance.

The excitement of the packed expo with family present means huge numbers. A thing of the past now.

The gathering in pens with thousands at the start line chatting to randomers you've never met while passing the hour or so before the start.

The massive crowds often a few deep in places and kids passing out sweets/drinks.

The mass of broken but overjoyed bodies at the finish and the mosh through families leaving the finish area to carry on our way and bask in the moment.

It's the most depressing part of the situation for me along with missing packed houses on a summers day at the inter county hurling championships.
    To be among that many people for a sporting event you are taking part in is magic. Nothing can replace it.

Vaccine and all of this disappears in the morning basically....stay positive and get rid of that negativity serves no purpose.

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Vaccine and all of this disappears in the morning basically....stay positive and get rid of that negativity serves no purpose.

Vaccine will come but be a year or so before all get it. Priority cases first etc. Unless you have underlying issue u be waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Vaccine will come but be a year or so before all get it. Priority cases first etc. Unless you have underlying issue u be waiting

Yep, no overnight solutions here even with a vaccine it will take some time for all non-essential activities to return. I've been positive up to now but reading some leaks that the government are going to reduce numbers that can meet outside back to 15 this morning has me pissed off- that would see the end of any hope of races and possibly club training if it's true......f**king poxy virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

sideswipe wrote: »
    Yep, no overnight solutions here even with a vaccine it will take some time for all non-essential activities to return. I've been positive up to now but reading some leaks that the government are going to reduce numbers that can meet outside back to 15 this morning has me pissed off- that would see the end of any hope of races and possibly club training if it's true......f**king poxy virus.

That would be surprising: I have not seen any evidence that recent rises are due to gatherings outdoor.

echancrure wrote: »
    That would be surprising: I have not seen any evidence that recent rises are due to gatherings outdoor.

But evidence doesn't seem to bother the government. No evidence on restaurants spreading it but they shut them all down in a few counties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ratoath half cancelled.

I'm sure a lot more will be after todays news.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

Add The Medic Half & 10K in Monasterevin to the cancelled list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Not sure I get it. Outdoor gathering back down from 200 to 15, but 15 v 15 GAA matches are ok?

Advertisement