Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've seen a good few standard Mk8 around West Dublin. Seem to see it more than any other 212 reg cars around. The first models looked to be the eTSI which is the DSG so the more expensive option, was surprised to see them as so few standard models are DSG. Haven't looked on the Beep beep.ie sales stats but I wonder how the Golf is holding up sales wise. ID.3 and ID.4 selling very strong on the EV side of things.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Folks selling my 162 golf R if anyone is interested. Trying to sell by word of mouth before I go down the dung deal route.

One owner, DSG, Stage 1 revo, 72k kms, winter pack, panoramic sunroof, oryx white, never been through a car wash.

Sitting on revo rf19s but have cadiz 19 also if preferred. Wrapped in michelin PS 4s tyres with 2k km on them.

Full service history with detailed invoices .

Will be serviced before sale.

Thx

Post edited by Muppet Man on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Sold this morning. Thanks all for your interest,and apologies if you missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

That didn’t take long! Great sellers market right now.

Have you a replacement in mind?

• Advertisement

Not for a little while yet Joe. "Small" building project to take care of.

Everything is bloody dear these days, even timber :(

I'll be back soon enough with something interesting. I'll be monitoring events here.

Muppet man

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

Well done on the super quick sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How much was it for sale for?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

3 new Clubsports in Frank Keane's.

Some lucky owners will be picking up great cars.

Drove a 2015 Golf R the other day and it didn't have the MODE Button to left of gearknob. Did some cars not come with the ability to swap between COMFORT, RACE, INDIVIDUAL?

• Advertisement

Early (pre 152) cars didn't have it. And you only get "Comfort" if DCC was spec'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

I don't have it on mine.

To be honest along with keyless entry it was one of those things I never really was bothered about when buying.

Car has plenty of choice for me with normal and sport mode and I'm happy with that 😛

I know some will say that if I drove one with it I'd feel different but I've driven my brothers S3 with it which is essentially the same car and can't say I'd lose sleep myself over it, and he also barely changes between modes. Nice to have but down the list for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Its handy to be able to close the valves in the exhaust in eco or partially close them in normal mode. I'd definitely find it was something i'd miss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

Opposite, I wanted them open at all times 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭Casati

Anybody here buy or drive a manual GTI MK8? I have yet to see one in the flesh or see a review of one but Im getting more tempted as it I wouldn't mind buying one decent performance manual before they are all gone- any thoughts?

If anyone is selling or thinking of selling a 2016+ R or Mk7.5 GTI PP, give me a shout via PM please. Manual, low mile cars preferred. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭User1998

VRT increase of 4% just announced. So aprox €2,500+ increase to the price of a new R from Jan 2022

I'm glad I have my car registered now and not in January!

That's a serious hike on an already very expensive car. My understanding was that only the top two bands are being hit by 4% but maybe I'm wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

"The 20 band table will remain with an increase in rates, with a 1% increase for vehicles that fall between bands 9-12, a 2% increase for bands 13-15 and a 4% increase for bands 16-20."

I see petrol stations were upping the price by 4-5c this weekend too in preparation for the budget, just over €80 to fill the other day. €1.589 to €1.659 in 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

Anything over 146 grams per 100km is hit by 4% so basically that includes anything warm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭User1998

Is the R not in the top two bands? I assumed it was as its something like 30% VRT? If not it will be a 2% increase. Still not ideal

GTI is (was) 26% and R was 31%. So I guess they are now 30% and 35% respectively. Its making what are already very pricey cars just very unrealistic.

Used values will continue to hold firm or even stay rising so if that's the case.

Top 5 bands are increasing by 4%, not the top 2, so anything over 146 g/co2 per 100km is getting a nice increase

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That's ridiculous.

Anything even remotely interesting is getting taxed to the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cetera

Another €2,500 on my R order for 2022!!! Already stretching my budget so need to weigh up my options!

I understand the need to decarbonise as a society but these taxes on new cars are counterproductive. We will have people holding onto older - and more polluting -cars for longer now. Our electricity network is already struggling and charging infrastructure is still way off; not to mention the lack of public transport in rural areas…

Anyway, rant over…I just don’t want to say goodbye to the combustion engine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Can’t wait to see what my dealer comes up with in his next quote😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭carsfan2

The government has obviously decided to abandon the carrot approach and just beat the motorist with a big stick to move us all to electric nirvana.

those of you with performance golfs are quids in though.

I reckon there may be a good few golf r/gti’s registered in December!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Mine may well be one if it gets here in time. Build week 44 as far as I know but that could change as build week and delivery has been really unreliable going by others. Read that some lads in the uk who ordered in spring are being told spring 22 now after being given several other earlier build dates.

We do seem to get them a lot quicker so hopefully that holds true.

Advertisement