Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staycation Ireland.. Anyone doing it

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Will cost you extra this year for your test in and out, then a fine on the way back and quarantine in your own home.

dont care, it'll be worth it, staying in Ireland isnt a holiday for me it's misery with the rotten weather and last year you couldnt even have a beer without ordering food and you had to leave after 105 minutes and back to the hotel room with nothing to do, no thanks, it's abroad for me.

anyway come the summer they'll be doing away with these fines, otherwise Belfast airport will become extremly busy with holiday makers from down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,850 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

dont care, it'll be worth it, staying in Ireland isnt a holiday for me it's misery with the rotten weather and last year you couldnt even have a beer without ordering food and you had to leave after 105 minutes and back to the hotel room with nothing to do, no thanks, it's abroad for me.

anyway come the summer they'll be doing away with these fines, otherwise Belfast airport will become extremly busy with holiday makers from down south.

So basically all you want to do is drink on a holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Maybe just maybe he would like to go to a premises sit down, have a drink, read the paper, watch the Tv, have a chat whatever like an adult, without having a meal that he probably doesn't want

and where did i say this?

you think a holiday is just drinking yeah :confused:

i'll be going away anwyay, let the holier than thou people and begrudgers stay at home and whinge till their hearts content,Ireland is a nation of begrudgers.

Spent a week in West Cork, and a week in Kerry last year,
    the weather while we were in Kerry was great, we made up with a couple of friends of ours in Kerry, and the kids really enjoyed playing with their buddies while on holidays, they later declared in the best holiday ever,
    We usually go to campsites in France for a couple of weeks,
    booked W Cork and Kerry again this year, along with a couple of other families, makes it easier when the kids have their friends to play with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Completely missed where they said that?????

Also having a few beers without the accompanying dinner can be part of a good holiday vibe, not the primary goal but nice nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

bladespin wrote: »
    Completely missed where they said that?????

Also having a few beers without the accompanying dinner can be part of a good holiday vibe, not the primary goal but nice nonetheless.

I'll never understand holiday snobbery.
    People like different things out of holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Anyone seeing anything for under €400 a week 2 bed self catering during July & August?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Anyone seeing anything for under €400 a week 2 bed self catering during July & August?

Not even when there wasnt Covid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Not much choice. Ryanair cancelling flights from derry to edinburgh in July for...We regret to advise you that due to ongoing changes to UK Civil Aviation Authority policy, at very short notice, we have no alternative and are forced to cancel your flight(s):

• Advertisement

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Not even when there wasnt Covid :)

There is always deals to be had!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Cape Clear wrote: »

Cheapest I've seen, along west coast at least, is c.€90 per night

I've seen a couple of camsites out west charge €350+ for a week and that's bringing your own accommodation in the form of a tent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Last week there were holiday homes availble online for €500 a week in kerry at end of june and into early july.

So if you look early enough there is value to be got

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Some better news today, Leo's booked a holiday home in Sligo for his staycation (August) and is looking forward to outdoor pints.
    https://evoke.ie/2021/02/04/extra/leo-varadkars-good-news-about-summer-staycations

Some better news today, Leo's booked a holiday home in Sligo for his staycation (August) and is looking forward to outdoor pints.
    https://evoke.ie/2021/02/04/extra/leo-varadkars-good-news-about-summer-staycations

So have we. Whats your point?
    We'll have decking, bbq and 5 mins from the beach and village.
    Even politicians are entitled to time off

Point is we had the possibility of not being allowed on a staycation yesterday outside our own county by Tony and Leo comes out today to say he's booked one in Sligo.

Point is we had the possibility of not being allowed on a staycation yesterday outside our own county by Tony and Leo comes out today to say he's booked one in Sligo.

That's not what Tony said

That's not what Tony said

What did he say then, as I head it and thought I misheard it but then it was published in the Irish independent.
    Please tell us what he said if you think he said something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭josip

Funny how Leo and Tony often come out with conflicting statements in quick succession.
    I get the feeling there's a bit of friction there.

fdevine wrote: »
    Cheapest I've seen, along west coast at least, is c.€90 per night

I've seen a couple of camsites out west charge €350+ for a week and that's bringing your own accommodation in the form of a tent :rolleyes:

Got sorted for July under €400 in County Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I would never book camping in Ireland more than a few days in advance.
    If it rains there is nothing more miserable than camping in Ireland :)
    If it doesnt rain it can be great fun.

It's only rain, you won't melt! I've been camping in sun, rain, thunder and lightning, everything. If it's raining, we the right gear, and just get on with it. Some days we might just stay in the tent and play board games, read a book, and just relax. I find the sound of rain hitting the tent quite soothing and calming.
    Last year, we camped in Doolin. Had a couple of days of sunshine and we were on the beach. Had a couple of days of rain and we went to the beach and walked the cliffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

josip wrote: »
    Funny how Leo and Tony often come out with conflicting statements in quick succession.
    I get the feeling there's a bit of friction there.

Neither of them know. Making it up as they go along the lot of them.

cee_jay wrote: »
    It's only rain, you won't melt! I've been camping in sun, rain, thunder and lightning, everything. If it's raining, we the right gear, and just get on with it. Some days we might just stay in the tent and play board games, read a book, and just relax. I find the sound of rain hitting the tent quite soothing and calming.
    Last year, we camped in Doolin. Had a couple of days of sunshine and we were on the beach. Had a couple of days of rain and we went to the beach and walked the cliffs.

Pretty much sums up camping when its raining.

If that works for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Pretty much sums up camping when its raining.

If that works for you :)

Actually sounds bloody awful....... Board games in a tent?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Actually sounds bloody awful....... Board games in a tent?!

Right back to the Father Ted caravan scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Last year, we camped in Doolin. Had a couple of days of sunshine and we were on the beach. Had a couple of days of rain and we w
    ent to the beach and walked the cliffs.

Did you manage to see The magic road and St. Kevin's stump? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gilly1910

Is that just for one night??

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

You can holiday in Ireland but it's just not a proper enjoyable holiday.

some of us just dont like the rain mate,each to their own and all that.

• Advertisement

Some seem to think that this is the moancation thread.

Advertisement