Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slave Trader Edward Colston's statue torn down in Bristol

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

joe40 wrote: »
    The people who would fly a flag like that are the English far right Hooligan types.
    The irony is they hate the Irish and now we have clowns here supporting them.

Honestly couldn't be worse than the clowns that go around putting black squares as there profile pics and kneeling infront of black people thinking its gonna do something to end racism.

The irony here is black supremacy runs deep in BLM and you ve clowns here in Ireland on there hands and knees tryna attone to appease them.

Embarrassing scenes on all sides!

GF death wasnt even racial motivated till BLM made it about race.. they are currently trying to fight the mythical made up white privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cupatae wrote: »
    Honestly couldn't be worse than the clowns that go around putting black squares as there profile pics and kneeling infront of black people thinking its gonna do something to end racism.

The irony here is black supremacy runs deep in BLM and you ve clowns here in Ireland on there hands and knees tryna attone to appease them.

GF death was even racial motivated till BLM made it about race.. they are currently trying to fight the mythical made up white privilege.

if you think people are kneeling in front of black people you seriously misunderstand what is going on.

if you think people are kneeling in front of black people you seriously misunderstand what is going on.

Its hard to misunderstand vids of it.

Its hard to misunderstand vids of it.

you appear to be unable to distinguish "kneeling with" from "kneeling in front of"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Absolute vermin!!!!

EbMRbU6WkAAGxuM?format=jpg&name=large
    img

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Absolute vermin!!!!

EbMRbU6WkAAGxuM?format=jpg&name=large
    img

The share the exact same mentality as those who carried out the “cultural revolution” in China and hardcore Islamic fanatics. Totally demented.

The share the exact same mentality as those who carried out the “cultural revolution” in China and hardcore Islamic fanatics. Totally demented.

Honestly, the view you've just expressed is pretty demented...

you appear to be unable to distinguish "kneeling with" from "kneeling in front of"

Im afraid its you who is unable to distinguish it clearly lol

Honestly, the view you've just expressed is pretty demented...

Mindless violence, destroying historical sites to push there agendas, delusional ideology (white Privilege...world out to get em,defund police ect) i can see how someone could mix em up.

Im afraid its you who is unable to distinguish it clearly lol

i'm sure you can provide some evidence that white people are kneeling to black people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

GF death was even racial motivated till BLM made it about race.. they are currently trying to fight the mythical made up white privilege.
    So all those thousands/ millions of black people are deluded.
    How can sitting here 1000s miles of way know what their lives are.
    Do you not see the sheer arrogance of that position. They're protesting in massive numbers but you can sit in judgement and tell them they have nothing to protest about.

It is also very easy to latch onto the silly stuff or violence, we can all find fault with that.
    But that does not represent the ordinary black people trying to get police reform and wider societal fairness.
    I fully support those people, I'm not going to let nonsense on Twitter take away from that.

All lives matter is a blatant attempt to undermine BLM. That's all it is. Everyone supports all live matter, it is a given. BLM are not saying other lives don't matter.

But you already know that.
    Wilful ignorance, is the worst type of ignorance.

i'm sure you can provide some evidence that white people are kneeling to black people?

Im sure you could just looked it up urself theres tons of this nonsense going on or are you just pretending its not happening.

Some fine examples there in that vid... the woke cult in full flight.. sure doesn't look like "solidarity" to me but what ever..

So all those thousands/ millions of black people are deluded.
    How can sitting here 1000s miles of way know what their lives are.
    Do you not see the sheer arrogance of that position. They're protesting in massive numbers but you can sit in judgement and tell them they have nothing to protest about.

It is also very easy to latch onto the silly stuff or violence, we can all find fault with that.
    But that does not represent the ordinary black people trying to get police reform and wider societal fairness.
    I fully support those people, I'm not going to let nonsense on Twitter take away from that.

All lives matter is a blatant attempt to undermine BLM. That's all it is. Everyone supports all live matter, it is a given. BLM are not saying other lives don't matter.

But you already know that.
    Wilful ignorance, is the worst type of ignorance.

I dont think half of them understand what they are protesting at this point, they are targeting everything from Paw patrol to Jesus, how this ends racism is beyond me.. you then have this myth of white privilege.. being used to pit people against one and other,

Statistics alone refute most of the systematic nonsense but its hard to virtue signal and get outraged if you cant try burn the system down..

Tell me hows giving the police forces less more gonna lead to a better police force?

That just summarize the logic of whats going on and people like urself.

The (ridiculous) arguments being put forward by BLM and the woke followers at this point are just stupid. They want people to be equal but they also want to tell people what words they can and cannot say ie.All lives matter , white lives matter, and what ever else nonsense they find offensive.

I dont think half of them understand what they are protesting at this point, they are targeting everything from Paw patrol to Jesus, how this ends racism is beyond me.. you then have this myth of white privilege.. being used to pit people against one and other,

Statistics alone refute most of the systematic nonsense but its hard to virtue signal and get outraged if you cant try burn the system down..

Tell me hows giving the police forces less more gonna lead to a better police force?

That just summarize the logic of whats going on and people like urself.

The (ridiculous) arguments being put forward by BLM and the woke followers at this point are just stupid. They want people to be equal but they also want to tell people what words they can and cannot say ie.All lives matter , white lives matter, and what ever else nonsense they find offensive.

Again the arrogance. "Half of them don't even know what they are protesting" The black population in America know what they're protesting about, who are you to tell them they don't understand?

Who is targeting paw patrol or Jesus?

You're just picking up random stuff on Twitter and trying to make out that is what the protests are about.
    I saw a video of white people whipping themselves. Yeah that was idiotic in the extreme, black people were telling them to cop on.
    Stupid things have been said, absolutely but I'm not about to judge everything on that.

Sure you'll find video clips of people supporting any point of view.
    Two black guys on YouTube, expressing an opinion you agree so now they're representative of millions of black.
    But the actual millions protesting... They don't understand.

That is called confirmation bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I dont think half of them understand what they are protesting at this point, they are targeting everything from Paw patrol to Jesus, ...................

You've a few sources for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Danzy wrote: »
    He is eejit but he is also one of the most prominent, If not the most prominent BLM activist in America.

It's just run of the mill insanity that woke left activists come out with now.

Everything must burn.

Still small time.

I think too many people are over estimating the umph that both BLM has and anyone associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Again the arrogance. "Half of them don't even know what they are protesting" The black population in America know what they're protesting about, who are you to tell them they don't understand?

Who is targeting paw patrol or Jesus?

You're just picking up random stuff on Twitter and trying to make out that is what the protests are about.
    I saw a video of white people whipping themselves. Yeah that was idiotic in the extreme, black people were telling them to cop on.
    Stupid things have been said, absolutely but I'm not about to judge everything on that.

Sure you'll find video clips of people supporting any point of view.
    Two black guys on YouTube, expressing an opinion you agree so now they're representative of millions of black.
    But the actual millions protesting... They don't understand.

That is called confirmation bias.

Go on then pin down the issue what's the protest aim to achieve and give concrete irrefutable examples of the extreme racism and systematic racism that all these millions of black people are facing every day.. you happily poke holes in others argument but you see no fault what so ever in the BLM .

Do you agree with telling people they can't say certain words from now ? You actually aren't allowed to utter the words "white lives matter" or "all lives matter" it's punishable and you ll be labeled a racist do you agree with this ?

I'm afraid BLM and the woke aren't as righteous and flawless as you make them out to be.

You are clearly biased because you condone everything that BLM does but shoot down anyone that speaks with Abit of logic about how ridiculous some of the things they are doing are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

So is white lives and all lives matter racist then?

Can you not see how ridiculous the whole thing is at this stage..BLM is attacking everything from paw patrol to Jesus and everything in between and you wanna talk about embarrassing..

What's embarrassing is the amount of woke sheep that are out there.

While I personally think that all lives matter is a fair expression, there's no mistaking what saying white lives matter is supposed to mean.

And inflammatory digs of that kind are certainly no helpful in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

keano_afc wrote: »

It is, though assholes will be assholes.

It has to be said that a few twitter users and some asshole are not the same as an actual policy by BLM.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    While I personally think that all lives matter is a fair expression, there's no mistaking what saying white lives matter is supposed to mean.

And inflammatory digs of that kind are certainly no helpful in any way.

I think there all stupid statements all lives matter purple lives matter... It's all nonsense but the fact that one group of people are allowed to dictate to people what they can and cannot say is the problem.

If you wanna shout BLM and I wanna shout purple lives matter beside ya neither are incorrect and no one should have a problem or the right to tell anyone else what to say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Go on then pin down the issue what's the protest aim to achieve and give concrete irrefutable examples of the extreme racism and systematic racism that all these millions of black people are facing every day.. you happily poke holes in others argument but you see no fault what so ever in the BLM .

Do you agree with telling people they can't say certain words from now ? You actually aren't allowed to utter the words "white lives matter" or "all lives matter" it's punishable and you ll be labeled a racist do you agree with this ?

I'm afraid BLM and the woke aren't as righteous and flawless as you make them out to be.

You are clearly biased because you condone everything that BLM does but shoot down anyone that speaks with Abit of logic about how ridiculous some of the things they are doing are.

Context matters.

If you are the hero in a disaster movie and a godzilla / asteroid / martian is about to wipe out town A or town B depending on what button your sidekick presses on the destructor beam and you say "but all lives matter" and you spot another spare destructo beam that saves everyone then it's fine.

If however you are responding to a BLM protest of some kind and say "all lives matter" then you are being racist.

It's really not difficult to understand unless you are being stupid on purpose.

"All lives matter" I 100% agree with that statement. Absolutely, definitely agree that all lives matter.

No one I know doesn't agree. Does that satisfy you.

The issues are police brutality, especially the killing of unarmed civilians, not posing a danger at the time of the shooting.
    Black people feel their community is disproportionately affected that is how these protests started. That is the root cause.

I'm not going to sit a few thousand miles away and tell them they have nothing to complain about. Or that they don't understand what they're protesting.

I live a good life here in Ireland, how come I don't worry about been labelled a racist.

I think the guy who put out the tweet about the churches is a clown, (BLM or not )I'm not worried about been seen as a racist for that opinion. If anyone does that's their problem.

robinph wrote: »
    Context matters.

If you are the hero in a disaster movie and a godzilla / asteroid / martian is about to wipe out town A or town B depending on what button your sidekick presses on the destructor beam and you say "but all lives matter" and you spot another spare destructo beam that saves everyone then it's fine.

If however you are responding to a BLM protest of some kind and say "all lives matter" then you are being racist.

It's really not difficult to understand unless you are being stupid on purpose.

"If however you are responding to a BLM protest and say all lives matter you are racist"

You can see how stupid it is to call someone racist for saying all lives matter , ironically enough that includes black lives aswell so by proxy you agree with them... But in the warped logic this is some how racist.

Now if someone rocks up and says black lives don't matter then they are racist .

The whole thing is ridiculous tho start to finish this idea that black people are being slaughtered in the streets and homes... En masse

Then you ve a bunch of woke white people saying they are helping fight white privilege a mythical ability somewhere out there in the universe !

No wonder black people think the world's against them you have woke people telling them white people are better than them on skin color alone and that they are helping them to fight said white privilege that doesn't exist.This of course is in no ways factual because no white person is better than a black person based on skin color it's a myth.

Then they want to defund the police , amazing logic again, let's give the police less resources and hope for a better police force.

At some point some of you are gonna have to take off the BLM goggles and look at things logically

"All lives matter" I 100% agree with that statement. Absolutely, definitely agree that all lives matter.

No one I know doesn't agree. Does that satisfy you.

The issues are police brutality, especially the killing of unarmed civilians, not posing a danger at the time of the shooting.
    Black people feel their community is disproportionately affected that is how these protests started. That is the root cause.

I'm not going to sit a few thousand miles away and tell them they have nothing to complain about. Or that they don't understand what they're protesting.

I live a good life here in Ireland, how come I don't worry about been labelled a racist.

I think the guy who put out the tweet about the churches is a clown, (BLM or not )I'm not worried about been seen as a racist for that opinion. If anyone does that's their problem.

So it's not about race then it's police brutality ok , and you say black people are disproportionately targeted ,

Would it be fair to say that as a minority they make up a disproportionate amount of the violent crimes committed ? There are significant statistics to back this up , and there for have more interactions with the police and higher chances of a negative interaction? This of course is always over looked.

Do you think the police are getting a fair shake in all of this ? I certainly don't think they are.

You ll happily sit a 1000 miles away tho and tell everyone else there wrong and correct them cause you think you know best.

I think the legitimate points that BLM had originally are being lost in the maelstrom of nonsense being created by the woke and virtue signallers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Nermal

Tony EH wrote: »

The intent behind both statements is simply to make one's opponents look ridiculous, because they are impossible to reasonably disagree with.

Unfortunately, some institutions are so far gone that they engage in ridiculous behaviour without any shame.

https://twitter.com/BurnleyFCPolice/status/1275165006800224261

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

"If however you are responding to a BLM protest and say all lives matter you are racist"

You can see how stupid it is to call someone racist for saying all lives matter , ironically enough that includes black lives aswell so by proxy you agree with them... But in the warped logic this is some how racist.

Now if someone rocks up and says black lives don't matter then they are racist .

The whole thing is ridiculous tho start to finish this idea that black people are being slaughtered in the streets and homes... En masse

Then you ve a bunch of woke white people saying they are helping fight white privilege a mythical ability somewhere out there in the universe !

No wonder black people think the world's against them you have woke people telling them white people are better than them on skin color alone and that they are helping them to fight said white privilege that doesn't exist.This of course is in no ways factual because no white person is better than a black person based on skin color it's a myth.

Then they want to defund the police , amazing logic again, let's give the police less resources and hope for a better police force.

At some point some of you are gonna have to take off the BLM goggles and look at things logically

The people shouting all lives matter or white lives matter don't believe it and only use it to try and disrupt black lives matters statements. Otherwise people would have cared about all lives matters on a day without blm events. Since that does not happen I have to conclude that all lives matter are lying.

Course if we take your approach it can make sense if we entirely ignore what people mean when they say these things.

But sure tell black people they are wrong a out their life experiences. They have all been befuddled by woke people and no one is truly mean to them

So it's not about race then it's police brutality ok , and you say black people are disproportionately targeted ,

Would it be fair to say that as a minority they make up a disproportionate amount of the violent crimes committed ? There are significant statistics to back this up , and there for have more interactions with the police and higher chances of a negative interaction? This of course is always over looked.

Do you think the police are getting a fair shake in all of this ? I certainly don't think they are.

You ll happily sit a 1000 miles away tho and tell everyone else there wrong and correct them cause you think you know best.

I think the legitimate points that BLM had originally are being lost in the maelstrom of nonsense being created by the woke and virtue signallers.

So you accept that BLM had legitimate points. That something we can agree on.
    I'm not telling anyone they're wrong I'm saying I won't tell the thousands/ millions of protestors they're wrong or that they don't understand what they're protesting about without understanding their lives.

That is exactly what you were doing in your posts.

I do think American law enforcement needs serious reform. They are too militarised, to aggressive and too deadly. If the black community feel they are victimised I'm going to accept that.

Crime follows poverty that is why this issue is about wider inequality issues for long term solutions.

As for the "nonsense by woke virtue signallers" I agree there is a certain element of that, but that is a side issue.

Even the actual BLM movement is too disparate, and some of their demands are unworkable or not feasible.

They're lacking good leadership Which is a problem.

My big worry is that things won't be addressed and a real armed militant BLM group develop.

That is largely what happened in NI. Legitimate issues weren't addressed. Hard-line measures were used on protestors resulting in 30 years of troubles.

Civil discontent on this scale usually has a justifiable cause, and force alone does not defeat in the long term.

Christy42 wrote: »
    The people shouting all lives matter or white lives matter don't believe it and only use it to try and disrupt black lives matters statements. Otherwise people would have cared about all lives matters on a day without blm events. Since that does not happen I have to conclude that all lives matter are lying.

Course if we take your approach it can make sense if we entirely ignore what people mean when they say these things.

But sure tell black people they are wrong a out their life experiences. They have all been befuddled by woke people and no one is truly mean to them

Well provide me facts of this oppression then, and reasoning behind it, I'm not seeing black people being slaughtered on the streets in mass by police force,

I'm not seeing this massive systematic racism that everyone's shouting about

Prove it show me the facts ,

But of course we always focus on the big bad system for all there woes , we willfully leave out any other contributing factors like personal decisions, culture ECT

They shout about the police killing them but ain't nobody shouting about the facts that they make up a minority but do the majority of violent crimes , why's that ?

Cause the race thing is a crutch and without it the whole thing falls flat on it's face and there left with nothing but the reality and facts and no one to blame but themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Did anyone see the white lives matter banner that was flown over burnley v city game...
    Burnley fan claims responsibility for 'White Lives Matter' banner
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/burnley-fan-claims-responsibility-white-22236653

Hepple wrote: "I'd like to take this time to apologise .. TO ABSOLUTELY F ** NOBODY!

"It's now apparently racist to say white lives matter."

Advertisement