Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

franglan wrote: »
    What's the story with bookies voiding bets on games where teams were giving points in the case of Cork Longford and now Antrim Waterford? Both Cork and Waterford have been awarded wins and game points? Is that not the result rather than a voided bet?

Id expect the bet to be voided, game wasn't played .

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Nice to have the GAA back, some nice returns on the first weekend back.

ttF0T1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Nice to have the GAA back, some nice returns on the first weekend back.

ttF0T1.jpg

Well done, but see Rule 3 here

Same As wrote: »
    Well done, but see Rule 3 here

Jaysus it's a good thing I didn't post my brother's windfall last Sunday. 456 return for a 2 Euro bet.

Seriously though, I wasn't aware of the charter, I'll read it now.

Jaysus it's a good thing I didn't post my brother's windfall last Sunday. 456 return for a 2 Euro bet.

Seriously though, I wasn't aware of the charter, I'll read it now.

No bother at all, thread you're looking for is the Aftertiming thread here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

MOD

Aftertiming is a big No No in the gambling forum.

Always has been, always will be.

It doesn't happen that often but can irritate posters when it does.

Let this act as a timely reminder, there's an Aftertiming thread for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Are bookies open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Are bookies open ?

No. All closed today as far as i could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

No real insider info on this other than a gut feel, but looking at the odds for this weekend's hurling two teams are over priced. Laois are 6/1 and plus 7 on handicap against Dublin. Clare are 4/1 and plus 6 on the handicap. Wrong odds imo.

2 point win Laois plus 7
    2 point win Clare plus 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

No real insider info on this other than a gut feel, but looking at the odds for this weekend's hurling two teams are over priced. Laois are 6/1 and plus 7 on handicap against Dublin. Clare are 4/1 and plus 6 on the handicap. Wrong odds imo.

2 point win Laois plus 7
    2 point win Clare plus 6

Funnily enough I'm going with the exact opposite almost.

Laois missing key player Mark Kavanagh and think it'll be a different game with Dubs looking for revenge and the game in Croke Park as opposed to the cauldron like atmosphere that was there in Portlaoise last year.

On Clare v Limerick, Duggan, Conlon, Collins and Colm Galvin are a massive collective loss for Clare. Limerick missing Mike Casey but talk Richie English could line out. Clare can't be as bad as last year all the same so bit more wary of this and would go Limerick -5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Would fancy Limerick to cover the handicap,those 4 Clare lads missing are massive players for them.Think they will cover the handicap comfortably.Laoisand Dublin is a strange one,Dubs dont have the forwards to really hammer Laois but with Laois misaing a few im just not sure ,so will keep away from handicap.

Jennings Selections 24/10/2020:

Kerry -5 (Kerry vs Donegal)
    4pts Evs general

Running Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #10017):[/I][/B]

Jennings Total Points Staked: 125.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -9.29
    Jennings Total Selections: 57
    Jennings Total Winners: 20
    %: 35.08%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 63
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -16.25
    Boylan Total Selections: 34
    Boylan Total Winners: 10
    %: 29.41%

4pts Evs general

I don't understand this. Donegal have proven themselves to be a tough team this year. Why would you be betting on them to ship a six-point defeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

4pts Evs general

I don't understand this. Donegal have proven themselves to be a tough team this year. Why would you be betting on them to ship a six-point defeat?

Looking at a 5 hour trip, Donegal to Tralee. And they're out against Tyrone next weekend in knock out championship so will be minding lads for that. They're safe in the division with an extremely slim chance of winning it. Kerry will be looking at it as a warm up for Cork, have named a relatively strong team and can win the league with a win. Not the most important thing but would be a first senior inter county medal for the majority of the panel.

I wont be backing it but it's not the worst bet I've seen. Evs is a terrible price tho.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Looking at a 5 hour trip, Donegal to Tralee. And they're out against Tyrone next weekend in knock out championship so will be minding lads for that. They're safe in the division with an extremely slim chance of winning it. Kerry will be looking at it as a warm up for Cork, have named a relatively strong team and can win the league with a win. Not the most important thing but would be a first senior inter county medal for the majority of the panel.

I wont be backing it but it's not the worst bet I've seen. Evs is a terrible price tho.

Good points, but Kerry by four for me. No more than that.

My picks for today,
    hLbrzv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Limerick - 6.5 looks very good. Fancy limerick to win by 10+

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Really fancy Waterford +4 against Antrim at 2pm.

Antrim conceded 7 goals last weekend against Wicklow. Neither team have anything to play for. It's a toss of a coin. Get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Really fancy Waterford +4 against Antrim at 2pm.

Antrim conceded 7 goals last weekend against Wicklow. Neither team have anything to play for. It's a toss of a coin. Get on it.

Antrim can still get promoted if they defeated Waterford, there’s a win for either Wexford or Wicklow, and Limerick either lose to or draw with Sligo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 bets for jnterest

Hurling - Limerick, westmeath and Kerry at 8/5
    Football- both Dublin and Monaghan ht/ft at 3/1
    Dublin, Monaghan and Mayo at 3/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Kerry, Kildare & Armagh all to win (Football) 17/10

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Kerry -4 v Donegal looks a fantastic bet this weekend. Donegal are safe and its hard to see them bringing a full team the lenght of the country a week before their massive championship game v Tyrone. Firmly believe they will play a much weakened team and the -4 with Boyles will be long gone by throw in.Punt early!

Kerry coasting home 13 up with a minute left.Donegal dropped 8 from last week including all their big guns.At throw in handicap was 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Kerry coasting home 13 up with a minute left.Donegal dropped 8 from last week including all their big guns.At throw in handicap was 6.

Nice one. U had that well worked out early in the week.

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings Selections 24/10/2020:

4pts Evs general +4

+4 Today.

Running Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #10017):[/I][/B]

Jennings Total Points Staked: 129.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -5.29
    Jennings Total Selections: 58
    Jennings Total Winners: 21
    %: 36.20%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 63
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -16.25
    Boylan Total Selections: 34
    Boylan Total Winners: 10
    %: 29.41%

Jennings Selections 25/10/2020:

Meath (Monaghan vs Meath)
    2pts 11-4 general

No Monaghan goal (Monaghan vs Meath)
    1pt 9-5 Paddy Power

Tyrone (Mayo vs Tyrone)
    2pts 15-8 Boylesports

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Would be interested to get your thoughts on this one back before the leagues started I did a €50 double Limerick 7/4 and Kerry 7/1 to win respective leagues. Kerry obliged today and tomorrow the winner between Limerick and Clare will be crowned hurling winner.

Does anyone have any thoughts if they will pay out on the double?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

Would be interested to get your thoughts on this one back before the leagues started I did a €50 double Limerick 7/4 and Kerry 7/1 to win respective leagues. Kerry obliged today and tomorrow the winner between Limerick and Clare will be crowned hurling winner.

Why wouldn’t they pay you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Were kerry 7/1 to win the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yes, of course they'll pay out. Why wouldnt they :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Oh excellent, thanks I wasn't sure as I believe all the rounds of the hurling league weren't finished at the time of Covid. But Limerick and Clare happened to be top of 1A & 1B at the time.

I haven't got the docket to hand but I have in my mind that Kerry were that price or close enough to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I haven't got the docket to hand but I have in my mind that Kerry were that price or close enough to it.

Other people may correct me but I find it hard to believe that kerry were 7/1 to win the league.

Advertisement