Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Back to what I love best in the lower level hurling Divisions

Wicklow @ 9/4 away to Tyrone (Division 2B Sunday) - Paddy Power - I'm guessing Wicklow will do an overnight job, so I wouldn't worry about the morning travel. Since their disaster start to the league, Wicklow have picked up back-to-back draws at home to Roscommon and Derry. The draw against Derry in particular was really impressive with Derry not far off their starting team. Now that Wicklow have the majority of their best players back in the panel, I fancy them here. Nothing to play for mightn't help, but Tyrone have been poor-ish in the Division this year.

Donegal @ 5/4 home to London (Division 2B Sunday) - Paddy Power - London have lost both of their away matches in the division. Granted, if they beat Donegal they do get a final spot, but I think Donegal might have the slight edge here.

Roscommon @ 4/1 away to Derry (Division 2B Sunday) - Paddy Power - Derry guaranteed 1st spot. Motivation probably not at an all-time high and will likely give a lot of 2nd string players a go. Not sure how poor their 2nd string players are, but 4/1 says I'd give Rossies a go at that price. Rossies can still get top 3 (and therefore Division 2 next year) if results go their way which should be something to push them for a result.

Monaghan @13/8 away to Cavan (Division 3A Sunday) - Paddy Power - These matches when Mayo and Sligo aren't involved are such a toss-up. I'd probably have this match 10/11 for both sides, so the 13/8 attracts me. Shouldn't be much in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭laketreeroger

anyone know if bookies open today? Have a decent amount to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Westmeath - 5 and Tipp - 5 today

Tipp 4 up at ht against the breeze and lose by 5!!

• Advertisement

Very little sneaky value to be found in the Ring/Rackard/Meagher Championships which all get underway this weekend, however I do think that London @11/8 vs Tyrone (Boyles) is the value to be found

Traditionally they get their bad performances out of the way in the League, and they did that against Roscommon. They beat Tyrone comfortably in the League (albeit a home match). It definitely is worth noting that their 3 losses in the League were all away matches, however they are nicely up-and-running at this stage and they did win away to Tyrone in the Christy Ring last year (comfortably), so I'll go with London as a fancy for the weekend at the lower level competitions.

No value to be had in Rackard, with Roscommon, Donegal and Mayo all certaintly (in my eyes) getting off to winning starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Nicely done, London 2-23 Tyrone 2-12, excellent write up.

Nickey Rackard

Sat 27th April: Louth +10 (Home to Mayo) @ 10/11 Paddy Power

Historically over the last couple of years, Louth rarely suffered from a trimming. Although they aren't near the level of getting promoted, they put in a game performance away to Roscommon who are 100% gonna be in the Top 3 (losing by 6), and unlucky to lose by 1 point at home to Armagh in their last match.

In their 2x home Rackard matches last year they Lost by 3 and Drew the other. In the National League this year at home they Won by 3 and Lost by 8 (to Sligo).

A dirty 3 hour trek for Mayo here. They should be winning, but could see it more along the lines of 7 or 8 points, so I think 10 is a more than fair line for Louth to beat.

Sun 28th April: Roscommon -2 (Away to Armagh) @5/6 Paddy Power

Really bad 2024 for Armagh so far all being told. Horrible league and really were lucky to get away with a 1 point win away to Louth. Rossies HAVE to win this match to give themselves a shot at getting a final spot from their last 2 matches, whereas Armagh probably know they won't get top 2 and probably know they won't be getting relegated (that'll be Monaghan or Louth). Added to that, if Roscommon have a good first half they'd need to start pushing in terms of Score Difference. They had a solid/unflattering 6 point win at home to Louth and then a good 10 point win away to Monaghan. Can see a 5 or 6 point win for Roscommon here potentially. Armagh win would surprise me a bit.

Lory Meagher

Sun 28th April: Fermanagh win (Away to Warwickshire) @11/8 Paddy Power

Dunno on this. I don't get Warwickshire at all. Fermanagh have good coaching staff. Maybe the fact they've to fly the night before makes it a bit awkward, and Warwickshire did beat them in the League final by 5 points but I think conditions were rancid. Fermanagh probably an evens shout here, so 11/8 seems good (they're 21/20 on Boyles for example).

Roscommon since gone 2/5 Straight win and -3 on the handicap market, so probably a little less value there now.

• Advertisement

Armagh - 5 and Louth - 2 for me this weekend

Advertisement