Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Ballincollig are 6/1 v Nemo in Cork Senior Football this Sunday.

Nemo are definitely a superior side and should win, hence the odds, but Ballincollig would have no fear of Nemo and always raise their game to play Nemo. Last two championship senior football games played between the two, Ballincollig won.

Nemo should win, but Ballincollig might be worth a 5er or 10er because they certainly will be up for it enough to upset them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Fair to say Tyrone club championship is the best in the country by a long shot. Competitiveness, quality, excitement, great viewing.

Dublin would be superior quality. Tyrone teams rarely win their Province and don't ever remember them win the club All Ireland. Dublin teams usually win their province and are a big threat to win the All Ireland thereafter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Dublin would be superior quality. Tyrone teams rarely win their Province and don't ever remember them win the club All Ireland. Dublin teams usually win their province and are a big threat to win the All Ireland thereafter.

You're not bad craic Chalky. The reason that is is because Ulster is fiercely competitive, Kilcoo in Down, Slaughtneil in Derry to name two.
    The battle the tyrone teams have to come through to even get to a final. There have been something like 16 different winners of the senior championship in tyrone every year since 2004. Carrickmore were the last to do it back to back.

Dublin club football is very good at it's senior level among 6/7 teams, but outside of that it's not great. I've watched senior club down here and it leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Corofin and others are much stronger.

Leinster province is crap outside of Dublin. Kildare & Meath club teams can't put it up to ye. So you virtually coast along to the final. Hats off to Ballyboden and others who have done it, but you've an easier ride. That's why they're a threat, not because Dublin club champ is any more superior to any other county.

I'd say if you looked at a few games outside of Dublin you'd see as much passion and intensity that you'd ever see in a dublin club game!

CBear1993 wrote: »
    You're not bad craic Chalky. The reason that is is because Ulster is fiercely competitive, Kilcoo in Down, Slaughtneil in Derry to name two.
    The battle the tyrone teams have to come through to even get to a final. There have been something like 16 different winners of the senior championship in tyrone every year since 2004. Carrickmore were the last to do it back to back.

Dublin club football is very good at it's senior level among 6/7 teams, but outside of that it's not great. I've watched senior club down here and it leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Corofin and others are much stronger.

Leinster province is crap outside of Dublin. Kildare & Meath club teams can't put it up to ye. So you virtually coast along to the final. Hats off to Ballyboden and others who have done it, but you've an easier ride. That's why they're a threat, not because Dublin club champ is any more superior to any other county.

I'd say if you looked at a few games outside of Dublin you'd see as much passion and intensity that you'd ever see in a dublin club game!

I watch games every weekend outside of Dublin. In hurling and football.

I replied to a post that said Tyrone club football was the best in the country by a long shot. I don't agree that it is and used my own county in comparison..You throw 7 top Dublin clubs and 7 Tyrone clubs into a championship together who would you say would come out on top most years?

By the way Corofin are the best club team i've seen and Crossmaglen team from a while back not far behind.

I watch games every weekend outside of Dublin. In hurling and football.

I replied to a post that said Tyrone club football was the best in the country by a long shot. I don't agree that it is and used my own county in comparison..You throw 7 top Dublin clubs and 7 Tyrone clubs into a championship together who would you say would come out on top most years?

By the way Corofin are the best club team i've seen and Crossmaglen team from a while back not far behind.

It would be a great 14 club league / championship anyway I know that much!!

I’m not convinced the 7 teams to progress through the first round would be heavily in favour towards Dublin, I’d say 4/5 Tyrone teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

Castlelyons. Evens & Rockies 7/4 Double in Cork this weekend.

After corofin getting beat last weekend and Ederney beating red hot favorites and Fermanagh stalwarts Derrygonnelly in the final, there are no certs. :D

Castlelyons. Evens & Rockies 7/4 Double in Cork this weekend.

Is that Blackrock?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Is that Blackrock?

Yeah. Have been coming good for last few years. Big physical team.with some great young players Well balanced team. Worth a punt @7/4.
    Glen were poor last weekend against a poor Erins Own team.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Didn't the Glen have about 3 weeks without without a game, I think that's why they were a bit rusty. Fancy a close game and wouldn't be surprised if it ends a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

County final day in Kildare. First up is the IFC final between Kilcock and Clogherinkoe. Bit of talk that Clogherinkoe's main man Jack Robinson will miss the game after pulling his hamstring in the semi last week. I think I would have given Kilcock the nod even if he was playing so Kilcock at 1/2 to go up to senior.

In the SFC, Moorefield play Athy. Lots of controversy here in Kildare during the week at the bias of the referee in favour of Moorefield last weekend, so much so the Celbridge county players threatened to leave the county panel. That never happened and all is well again. Athy were impressive over favorites Sarsfields but were helped by Sash's poor shooting (14 wides). I can't shake the feeling Moorefield will bully Athy and will win with a few to spare. Moorefield at 4/5 is a decent price.

Weekend Double:

Kilcock @ 1/2
    Moorefield @ 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Clogherinkoe win by a point. The Heath +3 @1/1 ht in Laois might be worth a punt. They have strong breeze in 2nd half

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Didn't the Glen have about 3 weeks without without a game, I think that's why they were a bit rusty. Fancy a close game and wouldn't be surprised if it ends a draw.

Of course I didn't back it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

ShamoBuc wrote: »

You need a column in the Echo, you've a great read on Cork GAA!

Racing Post Selections back this weekend.

Jennings Selections 17/10/2020:

Kerry -1 (Monaghan vs Kerry)
    3pts 8-11 Boylesports

Under 15.5 Monaghan points (Monaghan vs Kerry)
    2pts Evs Boylesports

Over 34.5 points (Dublin v Meath)
    3pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power

Running Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #10017):

Jennings Total Points Staked: 113.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -11.97
    Jennings Total Selections: 52
    Jennings Total Winners: 17
    %: 32.69%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 63
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -16.25
    Boylan Total Selections: 34
    Boylan Total Winners: 10
    %: 29.41%

Galway Mayo is a hard one to call . Mayo fighting for their division 1 lives , Galway resting players on the bench, but also have the chance to send their fiercest rivals down

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Same As wrote: »

3pts 8-11 Boylesports

2pts Evs Boylesports

3pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power

Running Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #10017):

Jennings Total Points Staked: 113.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -11.97
    Jennings Total Selections: 52
    Jennings Total Winners: 17
    %: 32.69%

Jennings column piece on the Dublin game talking about the wide open spaces of Croke Park and the scoring averages there. Game being played in Parnell Park for Christ’s sake. Man is clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Jennings column piece on the Dublin game talking about the wide open spaces of Croke Park and the scoring averages there. Game being played in Parnell Park for Christ’s sake. Man is clueless

Would explain a lot. Maybe he works undercover for the bookies.

3pts 8-11 Boylesports +2.18

2pts Evs Boylesports +2

3pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power +2.5

Profit of +6.68 today for Jennings.

Jennings Total Points Staked: 121.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -5.29
    Jennings Total Selections: 55
    Jennings Total Winners: 20
    %: 36.36%

Jennings Selections 18/10/2020

Galway (Galway vs May)
    2pts 6-4 Betfair, Paddy Power

Tyrone (Donegal vs Tyrone)
    2pts 6-4 Betfair, Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭mjp

No excuse for him and he a meath man.

• Advertisement

Unders 31.5 points in Tyrone donegal tempting, not sure about Galway Mayo though, could be a high scoring affair ?

Todays Double:

Kildare v Cavan under 32.5 @5/6
    Galway v Mayo over 31.5 @10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

15 points scored already after 16 mins.

Edit in Galway v mayo game

15 points scored already after 16 mins.

Too much scoring going on in Newbridge. 0-7 each after 24 mins.

Mayo have 2-17 at half-time. They have only finished a league game with more than 2-17 twice in the last six seasons (41 games), both against Monaghan.

Incredible!

Profit of +6.68 today for Jennings.

Jennings Selections 18/10/2020

Galway (Galway vs May)
    2pts 6-4 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

Tyrone (Donegal vs Tyrone)
    2pts 6-4 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

-4 today.

Jennings Total Points Staked: 125.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -9.29
    Jennings Total Selections: 57
    Jennings Total Winners: 20
    %: 35.08%

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Kerry -4 v Donegal looks a fantastic bet this weekend. Donegal are safe and its hard to see them bringing a full team the lenght of the country a week before their massive championship game v Tyrone. Firmly believe they will play a much weakened team and the -4 with Boyles will be long gone by throw in.Punt early!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Kerry -4 v Donegal looks a fantastic bet this weekend. Donegal are safe and its hard to see them bringing a full team the lenght of the country a week before their massive championship game v Tyrone. Firmly believe they will play a much weakened team and the -4 with Boyles will be long gone by throw in.Punt early!

Donegal can still win the league

Donegal can still win the league

I think they have an outside chance and would need to beat Kerry and then for Galway v Dublin to end up a draw and then it would go to scoring difference. The fact Donegal are out against Tyrone in their biggest game of the year the following week would lend me to believe they wont be going all out 100% this weekend. The chances of them winning the league are slim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

What's the story with bookies voiding bets on games where teams were giving points in the case of Cork Longford and now Antrim Waterford? Both Cork and Waterford have been awarded wins and game points? Is that not the result rather than a voided bet?

Advertisement