Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

The aul algorithm isnt going well for them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

What surprised me is that grassmen seem to get less views on their content that farmer Phil and ifarmwefarm etc

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭leoch

i even see it myself from a viewers point of view u get fed up watching some of them after a while or u might stop watching some and then go back watching them after a while so u can see how the viewing numbers may fluctuate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Phil has just under 17M views and 48k subscribers on his channel. Tom Pemberton has just over 100M views and 390k subscribers. IFarm has 7M views and surprisingly 48k subscribers. Grassmen have 77M views and 178k subscribers on their channel.

Geographical location will play a bit into it too. I find Phil's content the best - more varied than Tom's - although I do like the shed building that he has going on at the minute. Surprised that Phil only has a similar amount of subscribers to IFarm WeFarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Phil used to have a good bit more than him, then Ifarm went off spending like there is no tomorrow and that brings in viewers, he's becoming a walking advertisement whereas Phil has watchable content ,even on his instagram story Ifarm is asking people for recommendations for a silo bin, in reality he is saying I'm looking for a silo bin, if any company wants to give me one, get in touch.

Post edited by timple23 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭White Clover

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭leoch

jesus ifarms voice goes threw me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Tileman

To be fair I think adrianni in ifarm is a good presenter and his production values are very good. Last night episode on the tef 20 was good. I wish he would found on what he is good and unique to him rather than chasing the big machinery and demo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Gillespy

The money in youtube is live streaming with superchats. I watch some United Stand, a Man Utd fan channel and it's unreal the money people give. Welkers are the only farm channel I see doing that but very infrequent and very small donations.

• Advertisement

totally get that, but the amount of views on their current stuff in comparison to the other lads is poor (grassmen)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭straight

Grassmen is for kids and tractor heads. Could never watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Suckler

I was nearly afraid to confess that myself for fear of retribution; could never watch more than a few minutes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭einn32

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

A few of the big ones had these really stupid clickbaity titles trying to entice a view for a while. It's no wonder the overall viewership went down.

I'd watch Post10 drain a flood before I'd click on titles like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

You have it there.

If I see a hand over a face and exclamation marks in the title. I won't click on and view.

I haven't been watching much YouTube myself these days. Mostly because busy.

Bit tiring seeing same stuff too and people hamming it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭einn32

Actually back watching Lord Muck again. I used to watch him but stopped. Love watching him get old tractors that have sat for years going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭roosterman71

IFarmWeFarm is dead bloody right to be looking for freebies. Sure wouldn't we all love to get them. All it costs is a few mentions on a camera. He's built up a following and he should use it to it's max while he can. It's a pain in the hole listening to the begging in "I'm not begging - just asking for advice" format. Nevertheless, we'd all bloody do it if we'd the same platform

• Registered Users Posts: 35,820 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

The kit these guys have is insane.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

That is frightening - a dust bowl in the making. It's April and the only green is on the tractors.

Post edited by Lime Tree Farm on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Just like a couple weeks ago he mentioned he was on the look out for a mower to do there own silage

Then farmhand drops out one!

Complete bonkers for him to be going buying gear to make 200 bales of his own

Just doesn't add up, and the big 150 hp tractor too! Non stop busy all the time according to him and goes giving himself more work

Works Sunday as if it was a Monday, says they don't go off on family breaks

It gives young ppl the wrong impression of farming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Playing up to the camera in fairness, hes a handy little set-up where 3 hours at each end of the day would do 99% of the work , has the girls to stand in a gap give him a hand with calves, moving stock etc, their is a carbon copy of him beside us, but the two lads are 17 and 19, thats the gold standard of as easy a job youll make of it at dairying, and on a sidenote any lad that can stay as clean in his work clothes as that man isnt under a ounce of pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ya, that's what I was thinking. No biodiversity whatsoever. I watched another of his videos and he was in their biggest field 5,500 acres.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

In his most recent video he has purchased a diesel cement mixer - looks like he getting ready to pour a base for a meal bin.

Half the reason I watch these videos is to make sure the boss doesn't get any stupid ideas from these videos. Was watching Farmer P's videos of putting up the sheds and thought those land rover cherry pickers are right handy but he runs a tree surgery business too. Most balermen wouldn't have as expensive a set up as that. I'd love to buy a tedder but the thoughts of it sitting for 49 weeks idle doesn't sit well with me. 200 bales at a tenner for mow,bale,wrap, thats 2k a year, thats 5 years of bales to pay for just the mower, 10k for baler and 5 k for wrapper. At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if he buys a second hand fusion and refurbs it (would make good content tbf). For a farming channel he doesn't talk a lot about the livestock. Looking at the video of the mixer I can't help thinking he's robbing Peter to pay Paul, sure it will be handy for a few metres, but to expect to do a complete shed floor with that is madness, what he saves in money he loses in time.

Ya his only pressure is to come up with ideas for videos. Looking at him fixing the mixer you'd think he would bring the mixer to the workshop instead of dragging the welder and all the tools up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Gillespy

That's the problem when the farm doesn't generate enough fresh video content naturally but the ego to make videos takes over.

Or perhaps there isn't that much work involved in the farm, but he loves rooting at machinery and doing that bit of tractor work? Can be half for pleasure for lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

How may is I farm milking?

• Advertisement

Advertisement