Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Whistlindiesel is a channel I found recently which is good for reviews/durability tests and modified vehicles.

Couldn't agree with you there...
    I think he's an idiot of the first order.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

He is a first time farmer with a corporate background in radio. He and his wife took over the running of the ranch after her stepfather died and left it to her mother.

Base price wrote: »
    He is a first time farmer with a corporate background in radio. He and his wife took over the running of the ranch after her stepfather died and left it to her mother.

Very high production values, a real pro, makes sense as he comes from radio

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭youllbemine

Just remembered there was a channel run by a lad from Dublin but he was farming with a relation at the weekends in Cavan iirc. Anyone any idea what channel it might be or if it's still on the go. I remember it was interesting seeing as he was from the capital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭einn32

I see the funky farmer has had someone dump a pile of rubbish on his land. Sickening and it's not the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Diarmuid B

Just seen Farmer Phils new video there, scandalous to see the narrow lane way he had to try squeeze down with the two mowers. Surely they should refuse the work unless the farmer has the lane widened or at least the branches cut back? And then the tree stump sticking out of the ground that they need a teleporter to lift the mower over.. shouldn’t go anywhere near that job until they’re sorted for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnnyw20

Diarmuid B wrote: »
    Just seen Farmer Phils new video there, scandalous to see the narrow lane way he had to try squeeze down with the two mowers. Surely they should refuse the work unless the farmer has the lane widened or at least the branches cut back? And then the tree stump sticking out of the ground that they need a teleporter to lift the mower over.. shouldn’t go anywhere near that job until they’re sorted for them!

I was thinking the exact same. Don’t know who’s worse, the farmer who expects them to go down that lane or the Stewart’s for taking on the job year after year.

A run of a hedge cutter or a jcb to remove that stump would go a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Came across a lad witha channel called Franklin County Forage, which seems interesting.

Diarmuid B wrote: »

He got the mower wedged one year. It's in a video. I don't know how many hours they lost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Lads like him think things like this is normal hardship is there middle name, i know a big tillage farm near me he was asked why had he two combines not a large one he said for transport monuverability time he works better with the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

einn32 wrote: »
    He got the mower wedged one year. It's in a video. I don't know how many hours they lost!

Think it says more about them and the way they work. If they are cutting that field year after year would they not do something about the stump and not waste time having to go and lift the mower in and out with a machine and man wasting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

Think it says more about them and the way they work. If they are cutting that field year after year would they not do something about the stump and not waste time having to go and lift the mower in and out with a machine and man wasting time.

Makes for a great video though which it's all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭White Clover

We don't know all the details. The farmer they're cutting for may only have a ROW along that route.
    You're a great man for knocking lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

We don't know all the details. The farmer they're cutting for may only have a ROW along that route.

I'd agree. There's usually a reason for everything, might'nt be a good one but a reason all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭cjpm

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'd agree. There's usually a reason for everything, might'nt be a good one but a reason all the same.

For sure. They aren’t afraid of a bit of rooting and tearing but they sure as hell aren’t idiots. There is no way Father Phil wouldn’t have that cut back if it was possible. ROW I’d imagine and plenty of them have awkard clients along them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭endainoz

You'd nearly think they'd offer to run the hedgetrimmer on it for free just to make it handier. I guess the fancy pottinger one they had on hire wouldn't have as much of a problem though. There was fair pressure on his mirrors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

It looked a big field at the end of that narrow road so not as easy to turn down. Ten foot trailed mowers are a pain on a lot roads. A nine foot would fly down roads like that.

At least the place where he wrecked the front mower last year was tidied up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

If it was a ROW then does he have right to straightforward access to the land without risk of damage to vehicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭White Clover

endainoz wrote: »
    You'd nearly think they'd offer to run the hedgetrimmer on it for free just to make it handier. I guess the fancy pottinger one they had on hire wouldn't have as much of a problem though. There was fair pressure on his mirrors too.

Often heard Phil saying that they do all contracting services except hedge cutting. You can be sure there's a valid reason why they haven't sorted that stump and the hedges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

endainoz wrote: »

If Phil cut it once you can bet no one would cut hedges there again. That's the problem with ROW's. Most contractors would not go down there and I would not blame them. No need for a teleporter, just say you can't get down

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

Often heard Phil saying that they do all contracting services except hedge cutting. You can be sure there's a valid reason why they haven't sorted that stump and the hedges.

In all honesty it's not the contractors problem to sort out, unless they are paid to rectify matters

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭leoch

Maybe it's a case of they didn't want to turn it away as they don't have a lot of customers

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

Came across a nice little channel today worth a look, called Finnegan’s Farm.

https://youtu.be/QknfbjyMypo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Tileman

Starting watch just a few acres recently. American guy who speaks very well on the threat to society by the commercial toon of factory farming. Very good communicator. Good old vintage stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Been watching the clips from Lucky Hill farm these past few days.

Very smartly done and put together.

It's a lot of his adventures making and using biogas from an ibc tank.

https://youtu.be/IX7jxpsTEeM

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Unidentified user

Dan and Rachel gingell, teagasc, farmer Phil, Tom pemberton and my favourite was Keane farm life but they have nothing up recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

This a great channel on YouTube to watch, its called I Farm We Farm.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwvRQN2iIOY82Q1ZsuV2OEA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Tileman

Ah that’s out a couple of years now. Is one of the main 3 in Ireland along with farmer Phil and gerry 6420. It use to be some thing different but is just becoming the same as the rest with big tractor and doing silage videos and machinery demos. In the beginning he had something different to offer where he was showing how a smallish family farm ran.

• Advertisement

I see farmer Phil saying his views aren't as good the last few weeks and he noticed it on other farming channels too.

Advertisement