Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling on paths and other cycling issues (updated title)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I must have missed something, what's the issue here?

Did you not notice all the cars parked on the bike lane? Maybe they should have had hi-vis stripes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

meeeeh wrote: »
    A quick question. Do people actually watch linked videos? EspeciallyTwitter links. If I wanted to follow tweets I would on Twitter. (I might be weird I even find 'funny' WhatsApp videos tedious. At some stage it's just video pollution.)

On this thread,nope very rarely look at any of the video links.

Did you not notice all the cars parked on the bike lane? Maybe they should have had hi-vis stripes?

Are we watching the same clip? He didn't encounter a single parked car. Encountered a dozen entrances but that's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A quick question. Do people actually watch linked videos? EspeciallyTwitter links. If I wanted to follow tweets I would on Twitter. (I might be weird I even find 'funny' WhatsApp videos tedious. At some stage it's just video pollution.)

No, we just guess what's in them and seem to get it right every time.

Our talents are wasted, maybe it's more constructive if we get together and try win the lotto instead.

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Santry to Dublin Airport.
    Glasnevin to Finglas

Both of these routes have to be the most pathetic attempts at cycle lane design ever! Both are a total waste of time and money.
    Bad cycle lane infrastructure is worse than no cycle lane infrastructure ... because people who know feck all about commuting by bike can’t understand why cyclists do t use these lanes!

There's a very nice Lane going up the side of the airport from old airport road to the first entrance to the airport. The lane between that and the main entrance is not perfect but I cycle it every day without issue.

They lane between the airport and the cloghran roundabout is a joke in fairness and yes, the santry area is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Casey78 wrote: »
    On this thread,nope very rarely look at any of the video links.

I think sooner or later someone tells us what's in them anyway. :D In fairness I don't watch what Gemma O'Doherty and her friends are producing either. They seem to be equally dedicated.

I think sooner or later someone tells us what's in them anyway. :D In fairness I don't watch what Gemma O'Doherty and her friends are producing either. They seem to be equally dedicated.

And as easily triggered.....

>100 views on one of the vids I posted on this thread, so yeah, some people watch them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Don't look at any of the ones posted on here anyways.

ewc78 wrote: »
    Don't look at any of the ones posted on here anyways.

GpXuDLg.jpg

• Advertisement

>100 views on one of the vids I posted on this thread, so yeah, some people watch them.

Yeah but you've clicked on the link 99 times yourself :D
    I'd say GCN are quaking in their boots!

Casey78 wrote: »
    Yeah but you've clicked on the link 99 times yourself :D
    I'd say GCN are quaking in their boots!

You gotta laugh with posts like this trying to be all cool and **** and yet have a fascination with the thread and people in it.

Hurrache wrote: »
    You gotta laugh with posts like this trying to be all cool and **** and yet have a fascination with the thread and people in it.

Dear God, do you actually read what you have written before you post?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

The videos on here are getting a bit tiresome as I don't really understand what new point they are trying to make that hasn't been made already 100 times before. But then to be fair none of this thread makes much sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Yes you missed a lot! You clearly don’t cycle a lot.

Are we watching the same clip? He didn't encounter a single parked car. Encountered a dozen entrances but that's normal.

Try counting the Yield signs.

FinnC wrote: »
    The videos on here are getting a bit tiresome as I don't really understand what new point they are trying to make that hasn't been made already 100 times before. But then to be fair none of this thread makes much sense!

So are we all agreed that drivers driving through late reds isn't all that unusual after all?

There's a very nice Lane going up the side of the airport from old airport road to the first entrance to the airport. The lane between that and the main entrance is not perfect but I cycle it every day without issue.

They lane between the airport and the cloghran roundabout is a joke in fairness and yes, the santry area is a disgrace.

Nice smooth black tarmac is not what makes a good bike/shared pedestrian pavement.

This might help the penny drop! ;)

https://twitter.com/juststepsways/status/1278777179317456899?s=21

FinnC wrote: »

Problem is that people still don't get the point despite it having being made over 100 times. It's evident on the roads and the thread, with the most recent example only being a few posts back.

• Advertisement

Problem is that people still don't get the point despite it having being made over 100 times. It's evident on the roads and the thread, with the most recent example only being a few posts back.

'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.'

'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.'

And yet you continue to visit a thread you have issues with. Certainly is insanity.

And yet you continue to visit a thread you have issues with. Certainly is insanity.

I don't think I expect different results. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Since when has a Yield sign been classed as a parked car? and yes I saw them and did he have to yield at any of them? The only one would seem to be the last one at the roundabout where he yielded to the blue van.

Would you drive down a road in which you have to yield every few metres as you're deemed to have less importance than someone else, or would you take the adjacent road that gives you priority over that other person?

Don't be making stupid arguments for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Would you drive down a road in which you have to yield every few metres as you're deemed to have less importance than someone else, or would you take the adjacent road that gives you priority over that other person?

Don't be making stupid arguments for the sake of it.

I drive on whichever roads get to my destination and follow the road traffic rules as I do it. Don't you?

clutching-at-straws.jpg

No, that's not what you said, you said cars parked.

Yield signs are just normal for cycle lanes. Nothing strange or exciting about the video if that's what it's about

Yield signs are just normal for cycle lanes.

And therein lies the problem, doesn't it? Why would you use one littered with yield signs over an adjacent road?

• Advertisement

07Lapierre wrote: »

First off I cycle daily.

Secondly, I see nothing unusual. Cycle lanes cut in and out. That's the way they are.

So are you telling me that the video in reality, shows me nothing new and absolutely nothing to do with parked cars which was the original comment? I see why people don't bother watching them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement