Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drug use

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thankfully for the rest of the country at least, these people haven’t yet been able to form a Government, or we’d end up like Canada.

Widely regarded as one of the best countries in the world to live in. Who'd want to end up like that? :rolleyes:

Maybe you thought the South Park movie was a documentary?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I don't assume any drug user is homeless etc.

I firmly believe any drug user is a moron. And nothing will ever change that.
    There are Nobel prize winners that have used LSD, are they morons?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Lyan wrote: »
    Everyone I've known who smokes weed on a regular basis has been a complete waster with no direction in life.
    I have had completely the opposite experience. Many weed-smokers I know are industrious, at the top of their fields and doing very well in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Widely regarded as one of the best countries in the world to live in. Who'd want to end up like that? :rolleyes:

Maybe you thought the South Park movie was a documentary?

How do you measure which country is the best to live in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

From what I see of it cocaine seems to be the drug been pushed night and day by local traveller drug dealers . Young people seem to have giving up going out for a few drinks and instead are spending whatever little disposable they have on cocaine . It’s a national scourge at this stage with many of them showing the usual signs of mental issues ,paranoia, violence , depression etc etc . I was far happier having a few pints when I was their age is all I know .

• Advertisement

LuasSimon wrote: »
    From what I see of it cocaine seems to be the drug been pushed night and day by local traveller drug dealers . Young people seem to have giving up going out for a few drinks and instead are spending whatever little disposable they have on cocaine . It’s a national scourge at this stage with many of them showing the usual signs of mental issues ,paranoia, violence , depression etc etc . I was far happier having a few pints when I was their age is all I know .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They do surveys. Ireland generally rates fairly highly (provided you have €€€ of course.)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How do you measure which country is the best to live in ?

United Nations does a "happiness" report every year.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

Of course, happiness is subjective and its scope is somewhat limited, but it's usually a reasonable indicator. Scandinavian coutries usually occupy the top spots.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Each to their own, but it's a bit arrogant to say that your drug did you fine so why can't everyone else do it.

Cocaine is a dangerous drug and the side effects that you list are very much real and possible - but that's not what happens to everyone. And the same cound be said for alcohol.

I've done both and enjoyed both but both are frankly a bit boring after a while (especially the cocaine).

Each to their own, but it's a bit arrogant to say that your drug did you fine so why can't everyone else do it.

Cocaine is a dangerous drug and the side effects that you list are very much real and possible - but that's not what happens to everyone. And the same cound be said for alcohol.

I've done both and enjoyed both but both are frankly a bit boring after a while (especially the cocaine).

Wouldn’t be interested in taking drugs myself especially if it means supporting traveler drug dealers who seem to control the drugs market all over Ireland outside of Dublin

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t be interested in taking drugs myself especially if it means supporting traveler drug dealers who seem to control the drugs market all over Ireland outside of Dublin

Not my source either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Would the way it’s made, transported etc not put people off it’s use?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Whatever about illegal recreational drugs and merits for and against them, which I’ve debated with people who were very pro and anti, over the past 25 years or so - and I’ve dabbled in a few in my time - there is no shadow of a doubt in my mind that the one legal drug, alcohol, is probably the most dangerous of them all.

Would the way it’s made, transported etc not put people off it’s use?

It puts some off, definitely; but as somsone said in another thread: have you ever seen sausages made?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Junkies or drug addicts tend to be those you see strung out after getting their fix of crack, benzo, opioid such as heroin and even prescription meds with these in them....
    Coke is widely used and anyone that uses it really needs help, as do they all....

I've seen them injecting on the bus, train and on the streets, trousers down, into the penis, into their eye balls with the help of another and a torch.....

It's very very sad to see anyone turn out like them and how their lives are destroyed and family and friends and society as a whole too.

Well, luckily according to Maggie Thatcher, there's no such thing as a society.

Advertisement