Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wow, Boris talking all restrictions gone by June 21st??! We won't be able to watch them going to gigs while we're still streaming ****, will we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭endainoz

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Wow, Boris talking all restrictions gone by June 21st??! We won't be able to watch them going to gigs while we're still streaming ****, will we?

It's good news anyway, who knows we might be in a decent position ourselves by the end of June. Won't be as far as they will be of course but things should be going in the right direction by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

endainoz wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/DuDX6wNfjqc

I'm just gonna throw this here with no context

Edit: Split confirmed by their publicist......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchfork.com/news/daft-punk-call-it-quits/amp/

Lads I'm a bit devastated

Dammit. Seeing them sometime, somewhere was on my bucket list.
    Hopefully it's just an arty way of them announcing a tour...!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can't let this moment pass without....

https://youtu.be/nZYQluJW-dM

Seriously though, how ahead of its time was Homework?

****ing class

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/udvYSd2TIkg

New video of the alive tour from 2007. Great quality

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And now all the emotions of skipping them for the Killers at Oxegen 07 come flooding back and hit harder now. Back then thinking ah ill catch them again :( and worst of all The Killers were fairly ****e that year(Dont think they were ready to be headliners at that stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Stillill42 wrote: »

fingers crossed, but at the same time it's another big gamble from the british government:
    https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1363888315997556740

d58715b0-9e72-425e-9a42-fb7b10a26c78.jpg

fingers crossed, but at the same time it's another big gamble from the british government:
    https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1363888315997556740

d58715b0-9e72-425e-9a42-fb7b10a26c78.jpg

I guess the tories will throw caution to the wind once all at risk are fully vaccinated and let the regular folk make their own choice. It's a bit like the Sweden approach except with vaccines I guess. With all that being said though, they will have a large portion of the population vaccinated by early summer anyway so I guess it could still work.

Also there is more real word data on efficiency out there and I could see governments going with the single dose of the pfizer one instead of two seen as it seems to be quite effective. I still think an awful lot of this optimism is hinging on the J&J getting approval next month and them being able to fill all the orders for them. Interesting few weeks ahead.

Yea its great news to hear but as said its quite a gamble too. Also i know the UK has plenty of bands that could do live shows in the summer but I cant see a lot international bands just coming over to the UK, they would want to hit up other places in Europe, plus with Brexit there are talks that bands would need to apply for a different visa to tour the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

And now all the emotions of skipping them for the Killers at Oxegen 07 come flooding back and hit harder now. Back then thinking ah ill catch them again :( and worst of all The Killers were fairly ****e that year(Dont think they were ready to be headliners at that stage)

That's gas, did exactly the same thing myself in 07! We had taken a mate under our wing who really wanted to see the Killers and my wife had only seen Daft Punk at Marlay Park the year before, so said we'd do a solid. Stood at the back of the main stage and could see the lights of 'Stage 2', wishing we were over there.....little did we know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Brian Wilson was in the tent alongside Daft Punk in 2007. I reckon there were less than 250 people in there for his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Le Bruise wrote: »
    That's gas, did exactly the same thing myself in 07! We had taken a mate under our wing who really wanted to see the Killers and my wife had only seen Daft Punk at Marlay Park the year before, so said we'd do a solid. Stood at the back of the main stage and could see the lights of 'Stage 2', wishing we were over there.....little did we know!

I also made this mistake. Always thought I'd get the chance to see the again. Raging!!

dmm82 wrote: »
    I also made this mistake. Always thought I'd get the chance to see the again. Raging!!

No wonder the killers weren't great that night....they had a crowd full of people wishing they were at Daft Punk!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Wooderson wrote: »
    Brian Wilson was in the tent alongside Daft Punk in 2007. I reckon there were less than 250 people in there for his show.

After Daft finished I was walking back to the campsite and heard two lads arguing because one of them had convinced the other to go see Daft when he didnt realise Brian Wilson was on elsewhere. I told him Brian Wilson would probably be back and he tried to convince me he hadnt played Ireland in years. I told him he had played the Marquee in 2005. He told me he was from Cork and Wilson had never played there.

Brian Wilson was back in the Marquee again in 2014.

So **** that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Reading & Leeds to go ahead in 2021.

Obviously alot of hurdles still to overcome for Electric Picnic but the most hopeful I have been in a long time that the fesitval, in some form, will go ahead.

I dont no if they ever played but id love to see Travis at EP. They just came on Radio Nova and I forgot how good they were imo

I dont no if they ever played but id love to see Travis at EP. They just came on Radio Nova and I forgot how good they were imo

Saw them at the first Witnness. Cracking tunes...but Fran doesn't half rabbit on!!

Saw them at the first Witnness. Cracking tunes...but Fran doesn't half rabbit on!!

When they played "Turn" and the heavy guitar segment kicked in - still get hairs on the back of my neck thinking about it..

everlast75 wrote: »
    When they played "Turn" and the heavy guitar segment kicked in - still get hairs on the back of my neck thinking about it..

Agreed, absolutely brilliant! Are they still even going?

Beck before them also amazing. I may have dreamt this, but was there a massive plastic cup 'fight' where everyone threw them in the air? Seem to remember it being a thing back then during outdoor gigs (before recycling/cup deposits)

Wish they would bring back the souvenir cups, when you got money off your next pint if you brought it back. Had two from EP 2008 for years but they eventually cracked.

• Advertisement

Agreed, absolutely brilliant! Are they still even going?

Beck before them also amazing. I may have dreamt this, but was there a massive plastic cup 'fight' where everyone threw them in the air? Seem to remember it being a thing back then during outdoor gigs (before recycling/cup deposits)

Wish they would bring back the souvenir cups, when you got money off your next pint if you brought it back. Had two from EP 2008 for years but they eventually cracked.

Yea they have gigs in the UK for this summer and in 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

All this talk of international acts, I'd be over the fricking moon with the best of British & Irish.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    All this talk of international acts, I'd be over the fricking moon with the best of British & Irish.

Thats the thing, will all these international acts fly over for just 2 shows(R&L)? Now i know its still 6 months to the festival but unless other countries have the same % vaccinated so they could do a festival/show in that country etc will most come over just for one weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haven't dipped my head in here for a while but god I'm glad I did. The past few pages were great reading back on the memories of the first/last picnics and your favourite day of the weekend! Reading about the Friday feeling of arriving and settling into Stradbally with a can looking through the timetable really gave me a smile.

Didn't realise there were a few other teachers on the thread over the years! I enjoyed a good run of EP from 2013-2019 but feared my days were over now that I will have school on the Monday after but good to see it doesn't necessarily rule you out ;)

First year in 2013, got down nice and early but a friend was driving down later with the majority of my gear/drink etc, two of us ended up spending about 4 hours in the carpark as she couldn't remember where she parked, could hear Wu Tang Clan take to the stage as we wandered around drinking cans. Eventually found the car and made it back in time for Fatboy Slim :pac:

As much as I love the Friday feeling of a festival sometimes I feel like the excitement gets too much, more often than not I drive and I feel like I can't settle until I'm there. Saturday is the day for me - a full day to go at it, stories from the night before, no concerns about driving the next day, usually music you want to see from 12 through until 4am. Ahh what I would give to have one to look forward to this summer.

Just Irish would be fine as was discussed here last year, there is enough talent in the country to easily fill a great lineup. We will see how it pans out, hope Melvin dosent regret saying the lineup will be released in March! I don't think anyone would complain if that was delayed for another month or so as things are still very uncertain.

I'd trek down to Stradbally to see the opening of a packet of crisps at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'd trek down to Stradbally to see the opening of a packet of crisps at this stage...

At last, an audience for me.

Just Irish would be fine as was discussed here last year, there is enough talent in the country to easily fill a great lineup. We will see how it pans out, hope Melvin dosent regret saying the lineup will be released in March! I don't think anyone would complain if that was delayed for another month or so as things are still very uncertain.

I suppose he has to cover himself, like if they didnt announce the line up and we fast forward to Sept and "if" we were told oh yea the festival could have went ahead there would be uproar while at least if he announces the line up and it doesnt happen its not his fault.

I actually forgot the line up was coming next month

I suppose he has to cover himself, like if they didnt announce the line up and we fast forward to Sept and "if" we were told oh yea the festival could have went ahead there would be uproar while at least if he announces the line up and it doesnt happen its not his fault.

I actually forgot the line up was coming next month

I had forgotten myself until this morning!

Anyone care to take a guess at the headliners for the craic? Assuming it does happen of course, I think they would be really difficult to predict. I know they said they wanted to bring similar to last year's but who knows how many of that will be retained.

• Advertisement

I had forgotten myself until this morning!

Anyone care to take a guess at the headliners for the craic? Assuming it does happen of course, I think they would be really difficult to predict. I know they said they wanted to bring similar to last year's but who knows how many of that will be retained.

Daft Punk...it's all a big ruse!!

Advertisement