Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spacex first human launch 27th May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

The skies are never this clear when these things happen so hopefully it launches

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

That's what they are saying.look just below the moon.im no expert but im going on what I'm reading.

yes.look towards the moon
    514484.png

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

Hi all,

Hope everyone has been safe & well.

The table listermint posted is from www.heavens-above.com and by clicking on the time in a generated list it will display a chart showing an object’s path across the sky.

First, select your home location on the site via a search and hit the “update” button under the map. Then go back to the site’s home page and select ISS, Crew Dragon, or Brighter Satellites. From the generated list you can find what passes are visible. The ISS is only in our evening sky another few days and won’t be seen at all in June because passes are in daylight.

The 2nd pass of Crew Dragon tonight will be about as bright as the middle star in the handle of The Plough. First pass is in bright twilight and really won’t be seen unless brighter than predicted AND if you just happen to look in the right spot.

Fingers crossed for a safe flight for Bob and Doug.

Sorry i’ve been off-air for some time - and not in touch with one Boardsie despite promising to do so. Heart trouble this time last year flared up again the first few months of 2020.

John (Flannery)

Noctilucent cloud season is also with us, with some reports already from Ireland. Great tutorials on NLCs at ...

http://www.nightskyhunter.com/Noctilucent%20Clouds.html

https://www.stephencheatleyphotography.co.uk/blog/

https://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/advice/skills/noctilucent-clouds-what-they-are-and-how-to-see-them/

... or follow @NLCalerts

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

That's what they are saying.look just below the moon.im no expert but im going on what I'm reading.

Sky is still bright for that first pass 20 mins after launch so it will be very difficult spot the capsule. Far easier to try for the second pass at 11:27pm - though it will be lower in the sky. See my other post for how to generate predictions and charts for your home location.

Clear skies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

weather is still no go at the moment. lets hope it improves more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Go for propellant loading!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

"Astronomy Ireland is predicting that at 9:53pm the world's first privately built space craft will cross Irish skies, just below the Moon, 20 minutes after being launched from Florida."

Just that it's not the world's first privately built spacecraft. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

scudzilla wrote: »
    Loving the stormtrooper space suits :pac:

i actually think they are awful looking things. Wellies and a beekeeper outfit...boring and far from iconic.

Ludo wrote: »
    i actually think they are awful looking things. Wellies and a beekeeper outfit...boring and far from iconic.

A couple of Seven of 9s would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ludo wrote: »

Once they provide the same protection and do the job every other spacesuit has done who cares how they look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That heavens above website seems to of crashed?!

I’m gonna watch it take off on NASA YouTube And head out after 15 mins and look south middle of sky (see if I can find the moon if it’s not too bright). Does that sound about right?

Will it be high in sky? Wondering if looking outside or bedroom window upstairs is better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Weather looking dodgy at the launch site

A lot of lightening around the area unfortunately.

Weather looks bad. Going to scrub it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

bolox

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not happening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cancelled due weather

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Weather looks bad. Going to scrub it looks like.

Yep, they've just asked for another 10mins after the launch time to see if if clears more, but that's not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

No go. back Saturday

JL555 wrote: »
    Yep, they've just asked for another 10mins after the launch time to see if if clears more

It's an instantaneous window. He was saying if we had another 10 minutes we'd be Go today.

• Advertisement

Booooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Damn it.its clear skies here : (

That's it. Scrubbed. No chance of seeing of it on Saturday as it'll be much earlier at around 20.22.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

fk it anyway cock piss lovely in ire

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A no way. Was so looking forward to that. That's a pity.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I don't get it, why cancel because of low cloud, it's not like they're driving the thing and have to see where they're going

scudzilla wrote: »
    I don't get it, why cancel because of low cloud, it's not like they're driving the thing and have to see where they're going

Lightening in the area. Can't take chances with that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have satellite dish pointed at 13E Hot Bird Nasa TV is in HD and UHD

https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=nasa

HD Hot Bird 13C 11373.00 H DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 3/4 59.9 Mb/s

UHD Hot Bird 13B 10727.00 H DVB-S2 8PSK 30000 3/4 65.3 Mb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Also NASA TV is available as a Kodi add-on, and probably as an app on smart TVs as well

At least one Apollo launch got struck by lightning which knocked some electronics offline for a while, so they don't want to take a risk with that.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Lightening in the area. Can't take chances with that.

"Apollo 12, Houston, try SCE to Auxiliary, over."

Advertisement