Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - Lassykk - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

In 11th place it's Strawberry Milkshake with Through the barricades - spandeau ballet

Again like Winds of Change I do like this song but thought it was a bit quiet and slow paced for a Power Ballad. Hadn't heard it in years so was nice to get a chance to revisit it

In 4th place it's ShaneU with Mr. Big - To Be With You

Always been a fan of this song and knew when I saw it on the list it would score highly. Nice and cheesy just like a Power Ballad should be ;)

In 12th place it's Purple Tin with Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory

Despite being one of the few concerts I've been to I'm not actually a massive Bon Jovi fan. Probably not my favourite song by them either unfortunately.

In 3rd place it's Necro with Guns N Roses - Don't Cry

One of my favourite Guns N Roses songs sees Necro shoot up the rankings after 3 mid level rankings before this - I discovered Guns N Roses when I was about 16 and absolutely loved the Live Era album. Wouldn't be as big a fan now but this is still a cracking song that I would listen to regularly

In 13th place it's Rothko with The Cars - Drive

This song isn't a bad track but not one that I've ever been a massive fan of so unfortunately had to mark it down the bottom of the pile.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh I do like that Bon Jovi song. If I was submitting one I'd have gone Bed of Roses maybe though....

Currently sweating about my own entry now

Edit: Never mind. WOOO!!

In 2nd place it's Irish Aris with Heart - Alone

This is a song I would be belting out on the dance floor if it came on. Just think it's such a catchy tune. Great pick

In 14th place it's mustang shelly with Celine Dion - It's all coming back to me now

I feel bad scoring this in 14th as I do actually like the song but it wouldn't be one of favourites. I actually like 14 of the 15 songs in the list which was good going I thought

I'm going to finish this out as I have time (have to go at 11.45) and will be back then later on for any discussion on my picks :)

In 15th place it's Tusk with Michael Bolton - Jack Sparrow

I have no words for this song ;) I'm afraid I just couldn't get on board with this at all.

• Advertisement

In 1st place it's Greenspurs with Pearl Jam - Black

This is actually my favourite song of all time so I couldn't not give it top spot. I actually googled what defines a Power Ballad as I don't think it fits my exact thoughts on what a Power Ballad usually is but it's just a musical masterpiece to me. I still get chills when I listen to it and my best musical moment is when Pearl Jam played it live at their concert in Italy that I attended a couple of years back. I'm gutted they had to cancel their upcoming European tour as I had pit tickets for London :(

Lassykk Walrus

Name OHW Inst Acc PB Total
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 14 7 15 11 47
    y0ssar1an22 13 10 14 9 46
    cj maxx 10 11 13 6 40
    greenspurs 6 15 3.5 15 39.5
    Andy125 9 12 10 7 38
    Necro 7 8 6 13 34
    ShaneU 15 6 1 12 34
    Irish Aris 1 9 9 14 33
    mustang shelly 3 13 12 2 30
    Tusk 11 5 11 1 28
    Strawberry Milkshake 4 14 2 5 25
    fixXxer 8 1 5 10 24
    Rothko 12 4 3.5 3 22.5
    Sawduck 2 3 8 8 21
    Purple Tin 5 2 7 4 18

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

lassykk wrote: »

This is actually my favourite song of all time so I couldn't not give it top spot. I actually googled what defines a Power Ballad as I don't think it fits my exact thoughts on what a Power Ballad usually is but it's just a musical masterpiece to me. I still get chills when I listen to it and my best musical moment is when Pearl Jam played it live at their concert in Italy that I attended a couple of years back. I'm gutted they had to cancel their upcoming European tour as I had pit tickets for London :(

Great choice.

I remember them playing it in the Point in 2000 .. Eddie walked along the amps along the side of the stage and dived into the crowd.
    Epic song …

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Going into the last round it's all to play for with Also Starring LeVar Burton and y0ssar1an22 very close at the top.

I am going to listen to the last list of songs blind (without knowing who nominated) so I can be as fair as possible in the results.

I have them in an excel sheet and I'm just going to hide the posters name until the end.

Will be a while till I do the final round as have to listen through a few times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In 10th place it's cj maxx with Scorpion - Winds of Change

I like this song but I thought it didn't have the power of a Power Ballad if that makes sense. It's actually a song I would have on my Spotify rotation often enough

Scorpions were actually one of the bands that I thought (before settling for Heart's Alone) but not this song, I was thinking either Still Loving You or Holiday.

But fair play everyone, great choices all around!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Coming third to those two songs is not one bit surprising, both brilliant. In particular I think Heart - Alone might be one my fave power ballads ever, only reason i didnt submit it here was i had entered it to Triggers Walrus.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Great choice.

I remember them playing it in the Point in 2000 .. Eddie walked along the amps along the side of the stage and dived into the crowd.
    Epic song …

I saw them play the Point in 2010 just after they released Backspacer and I was so disappointed they didn't play Black.

When they did in Italy it made up for it though!

Not so sure about their new album to be honest. I'm hoping it grows on me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 3rd place it's Necro with Guns N Roses - Don't Cry

One of my favourite Guns N Roses songs sees Necro shoot up the rankings after 3 mid level rankings before this - I discovered Guns N Roses when I was about 16 and absolutely loved the Live Era album. Wouldn't be as big a fan now but this is still a cracking song that I would listen to regularly

I came very close to choosinh November Rain. What a solo :cool:

Necro wrote: »
    Coming third to those two songs is not one bit surprising, both brilliant. In particular I think Heart - Alone might be one my fave power ballads ever, only reason i didnt submit it here was i had entered it to Triggers Walrus.

Top 3 now were all absolute belters. Nothing was going to beat Black once nominated but Heart - Alone is the real definition of a Power Ballad to me.

Really enjoyed this round!

• Advertisement

I came very close to choosinh November Rain. What a solo :cool:

November Rain would have put you second. My favourite Guns N Roses song especially the live extra long version!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »

Is Trigger doing a Walrus???

fixXxer wrote:
    Is Trigger doing a Walrus???

:pac:

He is...ish. in fairness he did a tusk and took in about 7 million entries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Well, I think any songs that don't fit the exact criteria that you required should be eliminated .

boo hiss! :pac:

ah no, only messing. i'll defer to you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 5th place it's Also Starring LeVar Burton with Scandal feat. Patty Smyth - The Warrior

This was a new track to me which was the only one from the list bar the song that came 15th - Another cracking entry which made the top 5 and I really enjoyed this

I'm glad you hadn't heard it before. Tough category to submit something unique in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:confused:
    Well, I think any songs that don't fit the exact criteria that you required should be eliminated .

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Trigger wrote: »

You have hidden your apparent disappointment too well.. :D
    Is there a problem ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

I'm glad you hadn't heard it before. Tough category to submit something unique in.

Wasn't expecting any unknown songs so was pleasantly surprised to get at least one!

Trigger wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

November Rain would have put you second. My favourite Guns N Roses song especially the live extra long version!

Great tune. But there is one thing about Slash's solo that I have always hated
    it ends :pac:

Advertisement