Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - Lassykk - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Well I've just added the last round of songs to YouTube to have a listen to without knowing who entered what.

On title alone I know 9 so 6 unknowns

Will be back as soon as I can listen through a few times!

I will do the reveal in the order I added to the playlist so that I don't know who's won until the end but when I come to the current Top 3 on the playlist I'll hold them back until the end to keep the suspense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

greenspurs wrote: »
    You have hidden your apparent disappointment too well.. :D
    Is there a problem ?

I have no cards in this battle so no problem at all, just found it very funny you trying to get people disqualified in the previous round and then you submitted Black as a Power Ballad..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Trigger wrote: »
    I have no cards in this battle so no problem at all, just found it very funny you trying to get people disqualified in the previous round and then you submitted Black as a Power Ballad..

:pac:

Is it not a Power ballad?

"power-ballad. Noun. (plural power ballads) An emotional rock song, generally focused on love, delivered with powerful vocals." (yourdictionary.com)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Had some time this afternoon to dedicate to listening to Round 5 and I've marked every song accordingly now. It was a random collection of nominations but given the wide criteria that's no surprise.

I still don't know who nominated each song and won't update my fancy excel formula until I'm doing the reveal.

Thinking of running off the reveal tomorrow night around 7.15 / 7.30 as I don't have time to do it now.

Hopefully there will be a few online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

HOW ABOUT NOW

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »
    HOW ABOUT NOW

Posting off my phone so I can't I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

90s / 00s / 10s Rock / Punk Rock Song - This is my main genre and I'd love to hear what boardies suggest in this category.

last category should be the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

lassykk wrote: »
    In 15th place it's Tusk with Michael Bolton - Jack Sparrow

I have no words for this song ;) I'm afraid I just couldn't get on board with this at all.

oh you poor soul.

*I really need to put more effort into picking songs for these :pac:

90s / 00s / 10s Rock / Punk Rock Song - This is my main genre and I'd love to hear what boardies suggest in this category.

last category should be the best!

Lol, I literally didn't have a clue about this.

I essentially just looked on some of my spotify playlists to see if I could find any 'punk'. I found what I think is one.

tusk wrote: »
    oh you poor soul.

*I really need to put more effort into picking songs for these :pac:

I genuinely didn't know what to make of it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

For what its worth Tusk, I'd have ranked Jack Sparrow pretty highly. Great song.

I genuinely didn't know what to make of it ;)

Get this into you buddy...

tusk wrote: »
    Get this into you buddy...

That's a masterpiece. Any song that references boiled goose more than once is definitely a winner

OK - I'm moving the reveal forward as something has come up this evening unexpectedly.

Will be starting around 2.15 all going well.

Right, here we go with the last round of my Walrus which was a Rock or Punk Rock Song from the 90s - 10s.

I've sorted the list anonymously in random order so these are going to come out randomly (I don't know the results myself yet)

The top 3 current contenders after 4 rounds, when I come to their song, I will hold it back and reveal the top 3 at the end.

In 6th place it's Necro with Good Charlotte - Riot Girl

Grew on me the more I listened to it. I would know some of Good Charlotte's stuff but I actually wasn't familiar with this one. A good track

In 9th place it's Sawduck with This Is The End (For You My Friend) - Anti-Flag

This grew on me too on the second and third listen - not enough to push it higher up the rankings but still a track I enjoyed

In 12th place it's Tusk with The Clash - London Calling

This is a bit old school for me and whilst I enjoy the tune to it's not really my era of music - it was released before the period I requested too but as per previous rounds I'm allowing it ;)

Don't think it will have a bearing on the top 3 somehow ;)

In 3rd place it's greenspurs with Rage against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of

Aw yeah, this brings back fond memories of the occasional times I got to Freakscene in Cork in my teenage years. Brilliant track for a night out.

In 8th place it's ShaneU with Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows

This song was hugely popular in my group of mates when it came out but I must admit I was never a huge fan. Not a bad track by any means but I could take it or leave it.

• Advertisement

In 13th place it's Rothko with Pup - See You at Your Funeral

I'd never heard of this band or this song but it wasn't for me I'm afraid.

In 14th place it's fixXxer with Punky Bruster - Recipe for Bait

I like the main body of this song but there's a lot of shíte at the start and the end of the video and I couldn't find it on Spotify - perhaps that was my inability to search though - the start of the video pushes this way down the list

In 7th place it's Andy125 with Oasis - Wonderwall

I was a bit indifferent to both Oasis and Blur growing up. I like some of both of their stuff. This song is a classic if albeit a bit overplayed when I used to listen to the radio. Middle of the road for Oasis!

In 11th place it's Purple Tin with Melvins - I Want to Hold Your Hand

I'm not a Beatles fan really so wasn't expecting much from this cover but I didn't dislike it but probably wouldn't listen to over and over again

In 15th place is Irish Aris with Marilyn Manson - Mobscene

I do like some of his songs but this wasn't one. I hadn't heard this before and probably won't listen to it again unfortunately!

In 1st place in this round is Strawberry Milkshake with Blink 182 - all the small things

Blink 182's greatest hits are just a collection of songs I absolutely love. It wouldn't be my favourite Blink 182 song but I would prefer to listen to this over any other song in this list. Reminds me of happy times in my teens

Get in Strawbs!!!!!!

In 10th place it's mustang shelly with AC/DC - Thunderstruck

I've never gotten into AC/DC but Thunderstruck is a cathcy tune nonetheless - Good enough for just inside the Top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In 14th place it's fixXxer with Punky Bruster - Recipe for Bait

I like the main body of this song but there's a lot of shíte at the start and the end of the video and I couldn't find it on Spotify - perhaps that was my inability to search though - the start of the video pushes this way down the list

It's a concept album, the whole thing is a story :D Blistering satire of the punk pop scene of the 00s. It's on YouTube but not Spotify.

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »
    It's a concept album, the whole thing is a story :D Blistering satire of the punk pop scene of the 00s. It's on YouTube but not Spotify.

Ah sorry, that's possibly why I didn't get it ;) As I said the middle of the song is actually very good!

Advertisement