Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Trilogy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never played mafia 2 so will definitely get this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never played mafia 2 so will definitely get this.

It's not great and I suspect time hasn't been kind. I'd wait for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Retr0gamer wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I played the PC version a couple of years ago and I think it's class. What is it you didn't like?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I remember waiting a year to get Mafia 2 because of the mediocre reviews. It hit sale, said I'd give it a go and absolutely loved it, raging i waited a year, last time i let review sites put me off a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I played it to completion! Couldn't get into the DLC! Overall a solid 7.5 for me. There wasn't really enough there to warrant a remaster if I'm being brutally honest. Remaster is probably for first time players!

That's all about Mafia II above, never played I to have an opinion on it. Played maybe 4-5 hours of III but it wasn't for me :)

I played one of these but cant remember which, likely one.

My only memory was that the Police chase you for motoring offences, which was a nice touch, as in GTA they ignore every infraction.

I also liked how a single crash would kill you so you had to be more careful at speed.

I cant remember a single thing apart from those so I'll definitely get this.

Be as good as a new game.

I played one of these but cant remember which, likely one.

My only memory was that the Police chase you for motoring offences, which was a nice touch, as in GTA they ignore every infraction.

I also liked how a single crash would kill you so you had to be more careful at speed.

I cant remember a single thing apart from those so I'll definitely get this.

Be as good as a new game.

Pretty sure that was the first game.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I remember waiting a year to get Mafia 2 because of the mediocre reviews. It hit sale, said I'd give it a go and absolutely loved it, raging i waited a year, last time i let review sites put me off a game.

Yeah but you love Days Gone :pac: (I'm joking in case this thread gets derailed).

• Advertisement

Yeah but you love Days Gone :pac: (I'm joking in case this thread gets derailed).

Hey hey hey but i also love dark souls so where the **** does that leave me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I played the PC version a couple of years ago and I think it's class. What is it you didn't like?

Its Retro, just move on. He just has very.... specific tastes. :)

Hey hey hey but i also love dark souls so where the **** does that leave me :pac:

Confused :D

Great game. Not enough Waifus.

4/10

Confused :D

I'm sure there's a camp i can go to to help me pray away the generic, padded, uninnovative sandbox games I've been thoroughly enjoying. Stupid sexy AAA games!

I know. Hard to please :pac::pac::pac::pac: :P:P:P

The first game I ever played that had this was Driver. Not enough open world games of this ilk do it, I reckon. One of the reasons I love Driver (yes, even Driver 3) was because it let you realistically break the law, and not have to go on an absolute rampage to get cops' attention.

I think The Getaway did something like this as well though my memory is rocky.

PlayStation Store Aus have the games up now. The Trilogy bundle for 100 Aus dollars (about 60 euro). They have Mafia 2 and 3 definitive editions for 50 each (30 euro). All 3 have a release date of the 19th (tomorrow), no sign of Mafia 1 which is backed up by an Australian release date seen earlier but why release the Trilogy when the 1 at game isn't ready. Very strange but I'd happily drop 30 quid for Mafia 2 tomorrow.

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP1001-CUSA03617_00-MAFIATRILOGYLTOB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PlayStation Store Aus have the games up now. The Trilogy bundle for 100 Aus dollars (about 60 euro). They have Mafia 2 and 3 definitive editions for 50 each (30 euro). All 3 have a release date of the 19th (tomorrow), no sign of Mafia 1 which is backed up by an Australian release date seen earlier but why release the Trilogy when the 1 at game isn't ready. Very strange but I'd happily drop 30 quid for Mafia 2 tomorrow.

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP1001-CUSA03617_00-MAFIATRILOGYLTOB

46 gigs just for 2, FFS!

46 gigs just for 2, FFS!

A lot bigger than Mafia 2 on ps3 that started at 7gb. Hopefully this means it was beefed up a bit instead of just enhancing the lighting. I can't remember what size the dlc was not wouldn't have been that big.

• Advertisement

Someone on Reddit bought Mafia 3 definitive edition and it's just downloading the dlc's as he already has mafia 3 base game installed. Looks like nothing was done to improvement, just free dlc.

Someone on Reddit bought Mafia 3 definitive edition and it's just downloading the dlc's as he already has mafia 3 base game installed. Looks like nothing was done to improvement, just free dlc.

Well...it is a current-gen game. I can't imagine what they would've done to improve it. Anything that game needed done was done, Mafia 3 is what it is unfortunately lol

Well...it is a current-gen game. I can't imagine what they would've done to improve it. Anything that game needed done was done, Mafia 3 is what it is unfortunately lol

Playing it yesterday, some bits looked like i was playing Driver 2 or 3, absolute horse **** for this gen, missing road, awful pop in, plenty they could have done. Anyway, I'm glad they didn't spend any time on it, you can't polish a turd.

I think I'd rather pay 60 for Mafia 1 and 2, in other words I think I'll probably buy Mafia 2 this week, and then pre-order Mafia 1 some other time, and completely avoid Mafia 3. It wouldn't be nice playing 2 then 1 (or 1 then 2) then 3. Dirty taste in the mouth would be left.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I guess it depends on how you'd class a game, it doesn't have online or when you have the story finished you really just want to stop playing because there is nothing really to do after...but in terms of storytelling it's up there with the best. Now, I only like playing movie style based games so maybe I'm a bit biased here.

There is a bit of nostalgia on my side also with Both Mafia 1+2 so personally can't wait!

Mafia 2 is looking very glitchy. Watching a stream and Vito keeps shaking, looks really weird. Day one patch just dropped but the guy says it still has some buggy problems. I'm gonna wait for another few streams tomorrow before deciding.

https://m.twitch.tv/tha_mitchplays

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Mafia 2 is looking very glitchy. Watching a stream and Vito keeps shaking, looks really weird. Day one patch just dropped but the guy says it still has some buggy problems. I'm gonna wait for another few streams tomorrow before deciding.

https://m.twitch.tv/tha_mitchplays

Typical, that would be unplayable. I did read somewhere that 2K Czech were the ones working on this (1+2) so thought that it would be great regardless. Does seem there was an update to fix it. Still don't know the price for these but If you already own mafia 2 it's kind of hard to justify paying 25-30 again for it when it only looks a bit better...

What time do new games typically drop on Xbox One? Not on the store yet.

What time do new games typically drop on Xbox One? Not on the store yet.

The game isn't supposed to go live until the announcement trailer today at 5pm our time. Aus psn store pulled the game.

• Advertisement

The game isn't supposed to go live until the announcement trailer today at 5pm our time. Aus psn store pulled the game.

Ah for feck's sake lol Looks like I've to stay on Animal Crossing a bit longer today :pac:

Advertisement