Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female oppression of males

Options
  • 10-05-2020 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Long storied history of men oppressing women of course.

Little discourse in the way of female oppression of men however.

I have little doubt this is a contentious and controversial subject, probably sensitive to many forum users for any number of reasons.

In fact for many it could be considered so outside their realm of consideration they're probably just like,

MtJCPnW.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is this really a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What is this? I don't even...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

This thread is going to be fun.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

By example it's commonly known there's intra-gender oppression particularly amongst females where there's the consideration of promiscuity at hand;

"Slut, harlot, flea-bag" etc.

What does that center around, do ya'll think?

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is this really a thing?

It is, it's just so accepted at this point is become almost subliminal.

The general male to female dynamic, that form of oppression is much easier to identify;

Female to male oppression seems almost counter intuitive given physicality etc.

Which has most of us questioning, "is this really a thing?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

This won't end well.

By example it's commonly known there's intra-gender oppression particularly amongst females where there's the consideration of promiscuity at hand;

"Slut, harlot, flea-bag" etc.

What does that center around, do ya'll think?
    Centres around woman put each other down

Feminism was supposedly to drag all (men & woman) up to an equal footing and to be welcomed imo

It has somehow transformed into self proclaimed feminists screaming abuse at young wans on twitter for not wanting short haircuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

You can guess the poster by the thread title, it was only going to be one of two.

Op, if ever anyone needed to be impressed by a female, it's you! How does this stuff even enter your head?

Long storied history of men oppressing women of course.

Little discourse in the way of female oppression of men however.

I have little doubt this is a contentious and controversial subject, probably sensitive to many forum users for any number of reasons.

In fact for many it could be considered so outside their realm of consideration they're probably just like,

MtJCPnW.jpg?1

That’s because it’s still to come. It’s been ramping up in the last decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Hmm. Is LaptopGremlin and MrFegelien the same person perhaps? Now THAT'S controversial!

.. .. ..

Okay not really.. .. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I know the lockdown is making people more than a bit frustrated but OP, there must be something else you can do other than posting this drivel in After Hours. If you actually wanted a conversation on this odd topic then maybe Humanities might have been the place for it.

Centres around woman put each other down

Feminism was supposedly to drag all (men & woman) up to an equal footing and to be welcomed imo

It has somehow transformed into self proclaimed feminists screaming abuse at young wans on twitter for not wanting short haircuts

Still early, but I'm nominating this for most underrated post of the day.

So many supposed 'feminists' (when in reality they're nothing of the sort) use it simply as an excuse to justify misandry.

Not that it will ever tarnish the work of all those heroines throughout the 1900's who campaigned for equal rights for woman, e.g. the right to vote; but it has somewhat tarnished feminism as a term, though not as an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You should have stuck to prostitutes and all the "high school chicks" you claim to be banging, Laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Seen thread title and then saw who the op was

Yawn

jaxxx wrote: »

So many supposed 'feminists' (when in reality they're nothing of the sort) use it simply as an excuse to justify misandry.

Not that it will ever tarnish the work of all those heroines throughout the mainly 90's who campaigned for equal rights for woman, e.g. the right to vote; but it has somewhat tarnished feminism as a term.

We've had the right to vote well before the 90s!

In hindsight that was a terrible mistake*

*this post contains sarcasm,before anyone kills me

If the laptop gremlin and Mr Fegelian were the same person he's surely an absolute legend..

You should have stuck to prostitutes and all the "high school chicks" you claim to be banging, Laptop.

Ignoring the latter part of that post (which is seriously f*cked up to say the least), this f*cking stigma towards prostitutes p1sses me off to f*ck. What f*cking difference does it make to anyone if 2 consenting adults have sex with each other just because there's money involved? Why should either party feel guilty or 'dirty'? So long as all parties (the one obvious party in particular) are doing so of their own free will 100%, what bees wax is it of anyone else's? Yes human trafficking exists, but it's only one side of that particular coin. There are those that willingly choose to engage in having sex for money, and if you're too stupid to accept that then do the world a favour and f*ck off onto one of Elon Musk's rockets to Mars. Heavy handed tactics like a blanket criminalisation do not work, and you only end up doing more harm than good for both victims of human trafficking and those that choose to have sex for money.

The Elon Musk part not aimed at you Leg btw, just a vent towards the general attitude towards the whole thing.

Digressing a little but this shaming black and white attitude enrages me.

1900's I meant >< Woe betide me for making a typo, jesus.

If the laptop gremlin and Mr Fegelian were the same person he's surely an absolute legend..

In his own lunchbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Not that it will ever tarnish the work of all those heroines throughout the mainly 90's who campaigned for equal rights for woman, e.g. the right to vote; but it has somewhat tarnished feminism as a term, though not as an idea.

Most people who are feminist have no interest in being unkind to men. There are some arzeholes out there who are feminists. If you enjoy the sport of gender wars then you can focus only on them and you're set.

If you care about men and women and addressing the various issues that affect them, then you could focus on that. One indication of caring about the issues is to support lobby groups for those issues. An indication of enjoying the gender wars is to thank a post which characterise feminism as being about twitter-shouting at women with long hair.

1900's I meant >< Woe betide me for making a typo, jesus.
    I've quoted this because it's shorter. I wasn't judging prostitutes or those that avail of their services. The OP has a history of starting incoherent threads about prostitution, that was where the reference came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

aka, toxic femininity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is this really a thing?

It is now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What is this? I don't even...

It must be nice to be able to choose not to even, I literally can't even.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Man's best weapon in the fight against oppression

Yes dear

I agree

I fully understand/support you to make your own decisions

You can guess the poster by the thread title, it was only going to be one of two.

Op, if ever anyone needed to be impressed by a female, it's you! How does this stuff even enter your head?

I'd don't actually frequent boards that much.

Who's the other poster it may have been?

But I guess it shows the different kind of headspace someone like myself vs someone like yourself is in, the different lifestyles we lead, different everyday experiences we have - ultimately different way we think and perceive the world.

How does it enter my head?

I'm blasted with it err'y time I walk the high street.

I know the lockdown is making people more than a bit frustrated but OP, there must be something else you can do other than posting this drivel in After Hours. If you actually wanted a conversation on this odd topic then maybe Humanities might have been the place for it.

Humanities is a dead forum, nobody posts there.

If it's contemporary issue and not related to a specific discipline/trade, AH is the only forum for it.

The heartbeat of boards.ie is AH

I finger blasted some random chick off the street yesterday.

lol

U believe that shit?

You want the details?

Hard to believe, I get it, given the potential for internet bullshit.

I suppose I mention it as a means to highlight just what I outlined above - different headspace, different lifestyle, different responses etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Hmm. Is LaptopGremlin and MrFegelien the same person perhaps? Now THAT'S controversial!

.. .. ..

Okay not really.. .. ..

They almost certainly are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement