Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Mea Culpa! Meeting today, no mention of May/June ACMI lease. So the info provided to me must have been wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

If New York in November and early December was anything to go by, they'll have no trouble filling those flights to the US in the summer once the restrictions are softened on both sides. There was some amount of Irish heads on every corner in Manhattan.

I know over this side, the pricing is very strong with EI and most other carriers - nudging on $1k return in most cases for the summer. TAP is the only carrier with 2019 throwback pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

In relation to AerLingus joining the JV with AA/BA etc, will we possibly see aerlingus codeshares in the future with Finnair too? I know they are codesharing with Iberia on the DUB-MAD route but still no sign of codeshares on the american routes. As an example, all Iberia flights to the USA are codesared with finnair ba iberia. Will this happen in AerLingus too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

They're in OneWorld hence the codeshare.

EI, as of right now, are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

While it’s true Finnair are in OneWorld, it’s their inclusion in the BA/AA/IB transatlantic joint venture that facilitates the mass code-sharing across the Atlantic.

Aer Lingus has also just officially joined the joint venture and precedence would suggest Aer Lingus will be code-sharing with all players in the joint venture on flights across the Atlantic and vice versa as it’s designed to be a ‘metal neutral’ deal which includes revenue sharing.

In theory you should be able to book any of the transatlantic services on joint venture carriers via Aer Lingus’ website but this has yet to happen.

I would hope full and proper involvement will follow, it’s only been a couple of weeks since they officially announced their membership. Being part of OneWorld doesn’t appear to be a condition of this, if it is, they’ve jumped the gun somewhat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Sure you can’t even book the Iberia flight on EI website, even though the codeshare. I would think with FR double daily some days, EI would want to have the double offering of EI & IB to Madrid on offer.

It’s the same for the BA codeshares to LHR, you’re offered both BA and EI flights when booking on ba.com but not via aerlingus.com which only provides their own scheduled services.

Im guessing the difference is that despite it being a codeshare, EI is under no obligation to sell BA or IB short haul flights via its sales channels. The transatlantic joint venture however is designed exactly for that reason so that will have to happen for them to be considered full strategic members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

exactly - I know IAG run them as separate airlines but I would think they should have all the IAG options there.

Absolutely. Aer Lingus code shares in this area tend to be very one sided, they’ll only sell flights on other carriers as part of a connection whereas BA and IB appear happy to sell on EI metal whether it’s part of a larger booking or not.

I don’t expect this to change any time soon when it comes to short haul unless it decides to re-join OneWorld.

Again, when it comes to the transatlantic network; the joint venture and OneWorld membership are two different things so we should expect changes and broader cooperation in this area regardless of them being in the alliance or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

You could certainly book BA flights to LCY back in the day before the EI cityjet deal, it is technically possible.

In the current rapidly changing situation selling flights on another carrier is a pain for all involved with cancellations and changes roll in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Some very good fares on sale at the moment if anyone is looking to get away.

Must book return to get the deal, its a huge loss leader but folks are eager to escape right now

Onboard catering is back so I guess if they sell enough chicken and stuffing they can make a profit

Cheapest possible ticket will be 40.44 if you are lucky to get a return option which works

Definitely some of the lowest fares from Aer Lingus in a long time. Very competitive, even when considered as part of a return journey. Good marketing + decent fares.

AMS for example has Aer Lingus at half the price of KLM’s lowest offering and only €6 more than Ryanair’s cheapest.

Extremely good value also considering the 10Kg bag at check in is still included it’s not with Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭HTCOne

I know someone who got a €30 last minute flight to Lanzarote the other day. Definitely some bargains to be had for anyone looking for a winter break. No point in using ID90s at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

Their summer pricing to Nice is off the wall compared to Ryanair, booked for a family of 5 for two weeks in July €820 including 2 checked bags compared to €2083 with a 10kg checked bag for everyone on aer lingus. Pre covid we flew this route at least once a year. EI were usually just a €100 or so more expensive each way. We’d often fly out on FR and return on EI as the arrival time was much more civilised with babies and toddlers. I’ve never seen a price different that big

It looks like EI-CPE is being flown from Nimes,France to Lasham,UK on Thursday and EI-CPH from Ciudad Real, Spain to Lasham, UK on Friday. I am wondering if this is to bring these back into service or to be broken up? Unfortunately I would guess to be broken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭HTCOne

With the recent stories about a potential 20 airframe narrowbody order on the cards and the arrival of 8 LRs (which can have their ACTs removed to create more short haul optimised airframes) and the pending 6 XLRs, its hard to see a future for the 321 Classics.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

As you can see the pricing is all over the place at the moment! I’m guessing algorithms for this are all out of kilter from the past two years but I’d fully expect it to chop and change over the next few months as the market settles again as we’ve seen the past few weeks

Given the future bookings seem to be strong and EI usually keep the fleet tight during the summer peak, I thought it might have made sense to re-activate the 321's for the bucket and spade routes or at the very least have a spare when something goes tech during the summer like having the 319s a couple of years back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I was thinking this and I was asking how the 321neos were being deployed in Europe and it seems there’ll be some availability with them maybe ? I’m guessing someone in the company has some kind of plan..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

If it was for breaking up I don't think Lasham would be the destination. It's a maintenance facility. Kemble or St Athan are the principal UK locations for aircraft dismantling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Poland2020

It’s their end of life in EI colours.CPE and CPH being converted to freighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

If the Amsterdam prices hold, it may well be very possible to do a daytrip to Amsterdam for pennies. Its only 15 minutes on the train to the Centraal station. I did it several years ago for €20 return from Dublin and it was great. Even with the hour difference it was still six to eight hours in the city which was more than worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Back in 2010, I did day trips to Bristol and to Prestwick for €6 return. Those were the days.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

CPE was supposed to go to Lasham at 9am, then 2pm, then 4pm then was cancelled.

So if CPE and CPH are going to be freighters, where is CPG?

According to airfleets, CPH is to be scrapped.

All three are still showing on the Irish register, all 85,000kg MTOW

CPE Nimes

CPH Ciudad Real

CPG Ciudad Real

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

EI-CPE is filed again for Nimes-Lasham today as EIN2535.

EI-CPE in the air currently

• Advertisement

Guess its a heavy check at Lasham and if thats good on to Singapore for cargo conversion?

Advertisement