Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The official CAA website does not show it as registered yet, though it is not always bang up to date. The aircraft has not flown since delivery on 26 March, by the way.

https://siteapps.caa.co.uk/g-info/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The "VeriFLY" app that you are strongly encouraged to use (I don't think its actually compulsory) is absolutely awful. Worst UI design in the world

Forced to take a selfie not upload a better pic.

UI opens to a QR scanner that is not, and does not handle, the major thing you're going to be doing with it - scanning a DCC.

The idea of adding a "trip" is unintuitive and then gives you a list of what to do that is designed like options to bring you to those things - but isn't. You have to back out and go back in again.

Only two airlines are using it, EI and AA. Hopefully nobody else does!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭x567

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Just used it along with the group of us who went on holidays. No issues at all, and scanned our DCC no problem. Didn’t take a selfie, uploaded a photo of my choosing.

Flashed it to the staff at the boarding gate and sailed onboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Aer Lingus will resume SNN-LHR from September 13

The daily service will use an A321LR 6 days of the week with an A320 on Mondays.

It will operate for 10 weeks during the closure of Cork Airport for runway works.

I actually booked this flight for late October as I haven't been home since January 2020. I'd normally fly into Cork so it'll be nice to use Shannon for the first time in a few years! One slight concern I have is that I booked these last week when it was showing as twice daily, I'd opted for the late flight out of LHR and while it's still on sale via the website, none of the press releases mention it going to twice daily at any stage so think I may get moved to the earlier departure.

The US Department of Transport has (finally) issued that Aer Lingus UK should be licensed and recognised as a foreign air carrier.

It must now wait 21 days for any objections to be filed before receiving final approval.

It allows Aer Lingus UK to open reservations to US originating passengers, for Aer Lingus Limited to market and sell tickets for Aer Lingus UK, to feature the EI code and to apply the BA code to agreed services as part of the prearranged code share.

Interestingly, the Department still expects Aer Lingus UK to transition to the independent marketing and sale of flights and use its own designator code. Aer Lingus Limited has been given exemption authority to market and sell flights for Aer Lingus UK until March 2022.

I believe the ‘EG’ code was mentioned a few months ago in relation to Aer Lingus UK, I’m guessing the US DOT are expecting Aer Lingus UK to begin using this code as their primary identifier and to initiate sales and marketing from their Belfast office while Aer Lingus Limited (EI) is used like a code share.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2020-0250-0011

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

Anybody know why the Chicago EI123 went back on stand yesterday followed by fire truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Engine failure on take off roll, stopped and returned to gate, replacement A330-300 deployed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I posted this in the Cork Airport thread but maybe someone here would know please.

We moved from Basel to Glasgow last Feb and were looking forward to finally not having to get the aircoach from Dublin to Cork to see the family. Of course, then Covid hit and Stobart went bust so the options from Edinburgh and Glasgow are gone.

Does anyone have any news on Aer Lingus filling even the Edinburgh to Cork route once the runway is finished??

• Advertisement

I’d say it’s unlikely in the short term. If Aer Lingus weren’t willing to take it on during the summer, I doubt they’ll be interested in it for the winter months.

The earliest opportunity for its return would be the next Summer schedule and that would be heavily dependent on the progress Emerald Airlines makes as it gears up for launch as the new Aer Lingus Regional operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

That's a shame. The Edinburgh-Cork was pretty popular I thought with (I think) two flights a day.

I was hoping that they didn't bring it back in the summer with the low air traffic generally mixed with the runway renewal and would hear something for the winter but I guess next Spring/Summer is most likely.

LRH is doing a test flight in DUB today as EI990. Is this to keep it air worthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

I’m fairly sure -LRH hasn’t operated any revenue flights yet. I think it was originally down to go to Manchester. Looks like they are putting it in service in Dublin in the meantime

LRH seems to have been stored in DUB since its delivery flight.

DEI & DEO arrived in Shannon this evening for parking since ORK will close and DEN is due into SNN later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

LRH enters service shortly with EI.

G-EILA is supposedly due to position to Manchester next week ahead of the new base opening in late October so I wouldn't be surprised to see it carry out a few familiarisation flights in meantime.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Twitter says that this is happening tomorrow. EI-2202

Being reported Biden is to lift the Travel ban in November for vacinated travellers. This should be good news for Aer lingus and restoring TA flights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Not just TA flights, short haul too with transit pax.

• Advertisement

No doubt a relief for Aer Lingus, lets hope they can manage to maintain a consistent schedule throughout the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

We had return flights booked for just after Christmas from Dublin to Miami with EI. Several weeks ago, I came across a story in local Florida news to say EI would not service Miami this Winter. About 10 days ago, I could no longer access the manage my booking section of the website and the flights now do not turn up on a search. I’ve heard nothing from Aer Lingus though. I know that Aer Lingus are understaffed but I’d really like to have confirmation of the cancellation sent to me and an offer to refund/voucher. I’d like to book an alternative flight. Does anyone have any idea why they are taking so long to confirm to passengers that certain routes have been suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

This may change now on foot of today's news however, EI had only intended on operating the service between Dec 21 and late Mar 22 regardless. They will definitely be in touch as they have obligations to fulfil, may not be that quick unfortunately however.

Tentative route resumption dates, frequencies TBC;

Dublin-Newark, NJ (A21N) | 14/11/21

Dublin-Orlando, FL (A333) | 27/11/21

Dublin-San Francisco, CA (A333) | 12/12/21

Not yet available are DUB-LAX, DUB-MIA, DUB-SEA in addition to DUB-BDL, DUB-PHL, SNN-BOS and SNN-JFK, the latter four won't be resuming until April 2022. I'd expect capacity and frequency increases on DUB-BOS, DUB-IAD, DUB-JFK, DUB-ORD and DUB-YYZ approaching Christmas and Indeed resumption dates could also be brought forward. The booking engine still needs to be updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Great TA update above, thanks! Is DUB-MSP expected to return? I wonder did that barely launched route ever get a chance to prove itself economically before the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Does anyone know the exact date for the new US measure? I have heard both "early" and "late" November. You would think the airlines would want a fixed date for scheduling

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thats the issue. The official statement said "early". But it seems that the CDC have to set up the track & trace system.

So I'm guessing that they won't give the date just yet. Nov 1st, 8th, 15th are Monday's, does the 15th count as "early"??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

People here in LHR are asking will it be before or after Thanksgiving Day, Thursday Nov 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

if you try to search flights from Dublin to San Francisco or Los Angeles it won’t show anything whatsoever. On the app it says oops we don’t have flights on this date when previously SFO showed direct and connecting options from December and LAX was just showing indirect options until March. I’m guessing they are doing something with these routes as it’s only like this since the announcement from the US still nothing at all though on the schedule for either SFO or LAX

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Likewise, used it ourselves, no issues whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Let’s hope they’re being re-instated sooner rather than later

Advertisement