Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I doubt that's a consideration, especially in our modern enlightened world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be confident in casting those views yet, noticeable uptick in bookings for North America inbound Travel next Summer, this would be welcome relief for our Hospitalty and Tourism sectors with a much needed bounce back for those sectors.

CBP won't operate at full capacity either if schedules don't, so unfortunately queues should be expected. If vaccine occurs on schedule especially in the United States and the booked travel trends continue I'm much more hopeful for Summer 2021. One flight with EI next Summer from LAX in June lists 5 J seats free out of 30.

Fingers crossed - would love a trip to Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Fingers crossed - would love a trip to Boston.

Me too! :(

Me too! :(

I reckon September would be a safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I reckon September would be a safe bet.

Which year?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Beltza

john boye wrote: »
    A very minor thing really but isn't ELA St. Patrick? Would they have the aircraft named after the patron Saint fly on a UK reg or will they change it I wonder?

EDY and ELA are the two older -300s in the new livery. Might be a reason to pick them for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

DUB-PHL/BDL look to be off sale for next summer.

Noxegon wrote: »
    Which year?

Fair question! I’d hope Sept 2021 things will be so much better with all vulnerable and some of the general population vaccinated. Would still expect masks on flights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

DUB-PHL/BDL look to be off sale for next summer.

A shame for BDL but PHL could be catered for via the joint venture with American if they continue the route.

Beltza wrote: »
    EDY and ELA are the two older -300s in the new livery. Might be a reason to pick them for this.
    I honestly doubt that was a consideration. May be more to do with the leasing contracts on them.

The A321LRs are all in the new livery......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

ELA/EAV are old spec -300's, of the 11 in the fleet, 6 of the fleet are the HGW/242 variant, 4 of which are crew rest fitted. So there are 5 they can pick from

Having a consistent livery is always a good thing for optics, but someone has probably looked at the heavy check schedule to ensure they don't need a trip to BOD anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Plus, neither EDY or ELA have a consistent livery anyway. Both feature mis-matched engine cowlings so livery presentation probably isn’t the deciding factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

A very minor thing really but isn't ELA St. Patrick? Would they have the aircraft named after the patron Saint fly on a UK reg or will they change it I wonder?

Of all the pedantic reasons out there that has to take the 2020 award!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

A shame for BDL but PHL could be catered for via the joint venture with American if they continue the route.

I'd say they have made an agreement with BDL to return as the contract to operate doesn't expire until late 2022 or else they might be on the hook for paying funds back. Subsidy free as per the agreement for 2021/22 unless the deal has changed.

JV has little to do with it, if they have 8 A321s (x2 SNN, x2 MAN, 1x IAD, 1x YYZ, 1x EWR and the final possibly splitting JFK/BOS if they can't support x2 A330s. PHL/BDL top of the list stopped for 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭john boye

Of all the pedantic reasons out there that has to take the 2020 award!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry if it put you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Sorry if it put you out.

Not at all, but plenty of things going on for EI staff like keeping the lights on and paying the mortgage for them to be worried what name is on the side of an aircraft that has a UK reg! Bigger picture and all that.

Seeing lots of anger towards BA and EI online over overbooking fiasco last night.

There was an EI flight at 8.55pm. (A330)
    Video on twitter shows dozens of people waiting for info in T5 at LHR.
    Looks initially as if BA oversold seats on the EI aircraft. Would be interesting to see footage of what T2 looked like.
    I could be wrong but that's my impression.

I’m not sure what the complaining is about, all those in LHR last night were breaking Tier 4 restrictions to not travel.

I’m not sure what the complaining is about, all those in LHR last night were breaking Tier 4 restrictions to not travel.

In fairness, could have been Irish returning home rather than London residents fleeing Tier 4.
    Certainly a mix of both groups.

Tenger wrote: »
    In fairness, could have been Irish returning home rather than London residents fleeing Tier 4.
    Certainly a mix of both groups.

And regardless a safe process is being created by DFA to repatriate anyone without residence in UK coming home. I have very little sympathy for the many transferred onto that flight so they could actually escape London Tier 4, it was overbooked by BA and they will get funds returned. Many continuing to transfer to NI bound services, refusing to speak to RTÉ at Aldergrove for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement

A couple of family members came home last week from London. They had planned it beforehand. Home for 10+ days before the 25th to allow time for isolation and testing.

Anyone booked to come home for Christmas on the 20th/21st isn't leaving much time for testing, results and the 5 day isolation period.

On the other hand its easy for me to judge not knowing circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

A321N EI-LRE due for delivery XFW-DUB this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭x567

I may have missed this being commented on here, but I saw a headline earlier today saying EI’s entry to the BA/AA/etc Atlantic JV has now been approved (article content was behind a paywall). Any thoughts / intel on what this means in practice if/when normal times start to resume?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

x567 wrote: »
    I may have missed this being commented on here, but I saw a headline earlier today saying EI’s entry to the BA/AA/etc Atlantic JV has now been approved (article content was behind a paywall). Any thoughts / intel on what this means in practice if/when normal times start to resume?

Here's an article with no paywall. Hopefully somebody might be able to give an informed opinion on what'll mean for them.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-airlines-aer-lingus-idUKKBN28V2WL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

EI to operate BA's LHR-BHD between Jan 1-March 28.
    EI-DVK, EI-DVL, EI-DVN (Operated on wet lease with BRITISH AIRWAYS PLC)

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Airlines/Licensing/Foreign-carrier-permits/Article-250-permits-issued/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Possibly a circular solution to allow EI to continue operating flights from BHD

BA wet lease them from EI, thus allowing a EI to operate in the UK domestically without a UK AOC.

EI then contracts BA to provide aircraft and crew to operate the BHD service

Bar the paperwork is a nil cost. EI has operated wet lease for BA and vice versa in the past

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Possibly a circular solution to allow EI to continue operating flights from BHD

BA wet lease them from EI, thus allowing a EI to operate in the UK domestically without a UK AOC.

EI then contracts BA to provide aircraft and crew to operate the BHD service

Bar the paperwork is a nil cost. EI has operated wet lease for BA and vice versa in the past
    As with the Ryanair vs CAA dispute that kind of set up isn’t acceptable on a long term basis with with CAA, which is fair enough too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

EchoIndia wrote: »
    A321N EI-LRE due for delivery XFW-DUB this afternoon.

Is LRE going into storage for a while or will it operate DUB-BOS/LHR as well?

Is LRE going into storage for a while or will it operate DUB-BOS/LHR as well?

It will operate the same routes are the other A321LRs.
    EI will be relying on their cheaper operating costs this summer.

• Advertisement

https://paxex.aero/aer-lingus-launches-uk-subsidiary-applies-for-us-route-authorities/

“ The initial Aer Lingus UK fleet will consist of four aircraft. The carrier will transfer two of its A330-300s (reg EI-EDY, EI-ELA) to the UK arm. It will also register a pair of new A321LR planes due for delivery in February and March 2021 directly to the UK operation.

In the slots application for the Manchester base the company indicated one A330 and three A321LR planes would fly transatlantic routes next summer. This application could indicate an up-gauge of one of those aircraft from A321LR to A330.”

Advertisement