Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

There a few countries that I wouldn’t believe, Belarus , China , India among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Jack1985 wrote: »

Personally I had thought prior the achilles heel was that EK fly from multiple points in India via DXB to Dublin and have ample capacity at the moment to fill - Of course the flights mightn't even be going full stop as they could have been pulled by Uni's.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Universities used this as a way of getting better prices from Emirates / Qatar. There is no way that an ad-hoc charter flight like that can complete price wise against a scheduled service.

Has the A321LR got the range to operate to AUH over Egypt and Saudi ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MonkeySpanner

Have Aer Lingus announced any reduction in service recently?

I’ve flights booked to ACE in mid September but I checked the current prices out of curiosity this morning and it’s showing a lot of dates (including my own) as sold out.

I find it hard to believe they’ve sold out judging by reports of other people on flight occupancy at the moment and if I log in to my booking all seats are available to purchase.

Does it look like my flight will be cancelled or moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Sold out typically means an existing flight has been cancelled.

The busiest A320 flight I've been on since March was 106 passengers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

smurfjed wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the Universities used this as a way of getting better prices from Emirates / Qatar. There is no way that an ad-hoc charter flight like that can complete price wise against a scheduled service.

Has the A321LR got the range to operate to AUH over Egypt and Saudi ?

My sentiments exactly. It had been envisaged that it would have operated with a tech stop.

• Advertisement

I don't think a A321 was good idea regardless, students moving here for study wouldn't be light on the luggage and the LR is restricted in this area due the AUX tanks taking up hold space.

Since Aug 1st you need a clear COVID test to land into UAE so going via Emirates might not be practical

A330 would be far and above the best solution in terms of range and load

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

When does Aer Lingus usually publish their winter schedule? Trying to plan TATL xmas flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Doylers wrote: »
    When does Aer Lingus usually publish their winter schedule? Trying to plan TATL xmas flights.

Honestly I would say you are being very optimistic of any meaningful TATL flights before the end of the year, leaving aside the US border restrictions. I hope I am wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Which city you hoping to fly to?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Which city you hoping to fly to?

Toronto to Dublin

• Advertisement

Honestly I would say you are being very optimistic of any meaningful TATL flights before the end of the year, leaving aside the US border restrictions. I hope I am wrong though.

Hope your wrong too! Only AC flying from canada right now, i'm sitting on so many avios i'm trying to burn some. Terrified they will devalue them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Hope your wrong too! Only AC flying from canada right now, i'm sitting on so many avios i'm trying to burn some. Terrified they will devalue them.

BA via LHR is your best bet, can’t see Aer Lingus flying, unless they do some Christmas season flights.

BA via LHR is your best bet, can’t see Aer Lingus flying, unless they do some Christmas season flights.

Yeah was looking at that(wouldn't mind given a 350 a go) just their redemptions aren't half a good as EI so have been holding hope they would restart soon.

Until Canada allows travel from Ireland for Irish citizens EI won't be flying to Toronto

EI's schedule is loaded already but anything further than 3 weeks out cannot be relied upon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

A friend returned to Washington a while back and gave up with AL as they kept cancelling the flight so he had to go on BA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MonkeySpanner

Sold out typically means an existing flight has been cancelled.

The busiest A320 flight I've been on since March was 106 passengers

Thanks. Not looking good so.

Do you know when they usually contact passengers if a flight is cancelled? When they cancelled my flights in March it was only a few days before but giving the uncertainty at the time that was understandable.

I’ve sent them a message enquiring about it. I’d rather know sooner than later so I can look into Ryanair as they seem to be running daily flights to ACE at the moment.

Typically 21-14 days before departure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

My wife was due to fly to USA in mid sept. She was notified about two weeks ago that her flight was switched to DUB from SNN, she took a refund instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Elaine762

just read that any cabin crew with seniority from now to July 2013 will be furloughed from Oct 2nd at American Airlines. In Aer Lingus would it go back that much? 2014-2019 were the years where aer lingus hired the most crew. Any inside which seniorities are affected? July 2013 would be pushing a bit too much for Aer Lingus no? although from my understanding any 2019/2020 joiners have already been let go

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/08/25/american-airlines-to-furlough-more-than-8000-flight-attendants-in-october/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Why do you care and what business is it of yours? If you were an interested party then you would be receiving communications from your union and employer. Any comparison to AA is meaningless. I don't see what the point of idle speculation is about potential job/career losses. New joiners are on temporary contracts so they were terminated in accordance with the agreed notice period. Not dissimilar to contractors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Bit rude

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Elaine762

basill wrote: »
    Why do you care and what business is it of yours? If you were an interested party then you would be receiving communications from your union and employer. Any comparison to AA is meaningless. I don't see what the point of idle speculation is about potential job/career losses. New joiners are on temporary contracts so they were terminated in accordance with the agreed notice period. Not dissimilar to contractors.

its an aviation thread to debate anything in relation to airlines in specific Aer Lingus. if you have nothing to add/ you are clueless in the matter just dont bother to reply, thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It has nothing to do with fleet or routes; and its an entirely internal HR matter too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Elaine762 wrote: »
    its an aviation thread to debate anything in relation to airlines in specific Aer Lingus. if you have nothing to add/ you are clueless in the matter just dont bother to reply, thanks.

It is indeed an Aer Lingus thread. But throwing out info about AA and trawling for info on EI isn’t really adding to the debate.
    I’m pretty sure if such a plan happens at EI we will see it in the Irish media early enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Tenger wrote: »
    It is indeed an Aer Lingus thread. But throwing out info about AA and trawling for info on EI isn’t really adding to the debate.
    I’m pretty sure if such a plan happens at EI we will hear from Ingrid Miley early enough

Fixed that for you Tenger!!! :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Fixed that for you Tenger!!! :D:D:D:D

Probably correct too.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Timmy Dooley has posted that there has been rumours about SNN a/c relocating to the UK. Has any one else heard this. Pre Covid SNN had an A320 & 2 LR’s. DUB is the only place i could imagine them relocating to.

Stobart has started a number of flights from Belfast, but these appear to be resourced using aircraft made spare when FlyBe failed.

Of course our politicians are not renowned for fact checking in advance.

EI will relocate any aircraft to any location globally if they can get a better deal on parking, still a few parked in SNN/ORK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

No doubt this will be blown entirely out of proportion by local media and the so called Shannon lobby. There's two angles they'll predictably take, the classic 'Everyone hates Shannon, especially Aer Lingus!' line, and the more recent idea that IAG is some kind of vulture, picking away at our precious national airline and regional airports.

It'll probably end up being about the Belfast City operations by Stobart Air and nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Advertisement